**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by onewearz

anybody else sick with knick fans rooting for the heat ?

i work with alot of basketball fans and so called knick fans, i swear they're all lebron lovers rooting for the heat. am i the only one who finds this sickening ?

i'm keeping tabs on all of em, they aint allowed to root for the knicks in front of me without me calling em out on they're so called fandom .......

anyone else share my disgust with these fakers ?
Disgusting, all of my friends that used to love Lebron (myself included) can't stand him or that Heat team (although, I've really grown to respect and appreciate Dwyane Wade and his bobblehands).

And we need to grab a late first rounder and at least one second rounder in this draft for CP3 purposes.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by onewearz

anybody else sick with knick fans rooting for the heat ?

i work with alot of basketball fans and so called knick fans, i swear they're all lebron lovers rooting for the heat. am i the only one who finds this sickening ?

i'm keeping tabs on all of em, they aint allowed to root for the knicks in front of me without me calling em out on they're so called fandom .......

anyone else share my disgust with these fakers ?
Disgusting, all of my friends that used to love Lebron (myself included) can't stand him or that Heat team (although, I've really grown to respect and appreciate Dwyane Wade and his bobblehands).

And we need to grab a late first rounder and at least one second rounder in this draft for CP3 purposes.
wait what?
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
knick fans rooting for the heat

this decade better not be a repeat of the 90s lol

laugh.gif
I shouted out one of the barbers at my shop yest for wearing Lebrons. Mind you, he's a die-hard Knick fan.

He gets no support...

frown.gif
Unless they're South Beach or Christmas Day editions...joints are official. ::tongue:uts on flame suit::

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

laugh.gif
I shouted out one of the barbers at my shop yest for wearing Lebrons. Mind you, he's a die-hard Knick fan.

He gets no support...

frown.gif
Unless they're South Beach or Christmas Day editions...joints are official. ::tongue:uts on flame suit::
laugh.gif

but to me kicks are kicks bro. I hate Jordan, but I love his sneakers. LeBron is eh, but some of his kicks are fire.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

laugh.gif

He gets no support...

frown.gif
laugh.gif

but to me kicks are kicks bro. I hate Jordan, but I love his sneakers. LeBron is eh, but some of his kicks are fire.

Damn _'s can't wear Brons??? Let That Man LIVE!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tyisny

Ummm where are yall getting the idea that the knicks are gonna be able to sign 3 valuable role players with a only a Mid-level of 5.74 mil

Hill is the only guy i can see taking the vet min and thats only to a championship team, which this team isnt yet

Dalambert although not really good is a shot blocking big man who is only 31 and a legit 7 footer hes NOT taking a contract for less than 3-4 mil a year. Also I def see the heat throwing most of their MLE at him

Rip same situation as Hill only hes a bit younger and with teams like L.A, MIA, CHI all needing someone with his capabilities i dont see him signing with the knicks either (only hope is that he really likes playing wit chauncey that much)

NY's best bet is to draft faried, but a late first rounder and try to pick up a pg if not just another scorer in general.

Use the MLE on a big and this team is top 4 in the east
i can dig alot of what youre saying and i agree with most of yall that it would be huge to pick up another late 1st rounder and/or a 2nd rounder in this draft, but what you are missing is something that NY can offer FAs that other teams cannot.

In NY (not even including the city itself/MSG) you have the oppurtunity to play for a top caliber team with 2 superstars (and the Knicks are top caliber, just wait for Melo/Amare to click) but ALSO get the oppurtunity to have a starting role and play big time minutes.

Most other teams can only offer one or the other... If you wanna play big minutes dudes usually have to sign on with garbage teams in order to get starting spots when they are just MLE caliber players, and if dudes wanna ring chjase they can go sign with Miami, LA, etc and ride the bench all season.

In New York some of these centers, lets say Dalembert for instance, gets the chance to play with a contender, and ALSO not even be challenged for a starting spot. Dalembert also played collegiately in Jersey and im sure he would love to start on a contending Knicks team, you have to factor that, same with guys like Rip, Hill, etc. etc. The Knicks, because of their lack of depth, can offer alot of these guys big minutes, while also playing for a contender because of Melo/Stat. Im sure the oppurtunity to do something like that will weigh in come Free Agency time...

and Kurt Thomas for vets minimum, get it doneeee
pimp.gif

EDIT: and as i have said, if we can steal either JR Smith or Wilson Chandler from Denver, that would be a dream come true although i know there is under 10% (generously) for either of those to occur. But who knows, Miami was able to recruit the +!#! out of Mike Miller to come join the Big 3 in Miami last season after they already signed their 3 and resigned Haslem. They also got Ilgalskus for the vets minimum. Melo could chirp away at JR Smith in order for him to make a Mike Miller-esque move, and Chandler loved playing here.

Houston will be the Knicks GM or a d league GM ?

alanhahn #Knicks haven't used the D-League, but will now run their own team in Erie, Pa. Allan Houston will be the GM, perfect grooming spot. #fb

Sounds like D-League

Mike Miller is butt buddies with LeBron they didn't "recruit the @%$%" out of him and he's making 5 mil this season, Z followed LBJ, Eddie House goes to whatever team adds a Big 3, Bibby joined them halfway through the season when they proved they were for real, Juwan Howard is old as @%$% and wants a ring and Erick Dampier is terrible.

Now if Grant Hill and Amare were real good friends while they played on the Suns together that could happen. But him or Rip could be offered a starting spot on the Bulls next year who could offer them more money as well, Dalembert is going to get paid a lot more than what the Knicks can offer and you REALLY think Chandler likes New York so much that he's going to take close to a minimum contract at 24 years old.....?

Although Melo and Amare are two great players, not everybody wants to play with two forwards that want to go iso 8 times out of 10. LBJ and D-Wade might be the best passers for their positions in the whole league. If you guys are able to come up with Chris Paul, the best passer in the league, THEN all these guys would take a discount to play for the Knicks. And I'm betting he either goes to NY or OKC.

Misleading title is misleading.

GM of a D-League team?
laugh.gif
Makes me think he won't get the real job if they think he needs more time.

Typical Proph
30t6p3b.gif

H20 better treat that D League team like the minors and bring in a bunch of dudes that normally would go to Europe; tired of basketball players being outsourced and not stimulating our economy with they checks.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Mike Miller is butt buddies with LeBron they didn't "recruit the @%$%" out of him and he's making 5 mil this season, Z followed LBJ, Eddie House goes to whatever team adds a Big 3, Bibby joined them halfway through the season when they proved they were for real, Juwan Howard is old as @%$% and wants a ring and Erick Dampier is terrible.

Now if Grant Hill and Amare were real good friends while they played on the Suns together that could happen. But him or Rip could be offered a starting spot on the Bulls next year who could offer them more money as well, Dalembert is going to get paid a lot more than what the Knicks can offer and you REALLY think Chandler likes New York so much that he's going to take close to a minimum contract at 24 years old.....?

Although Melo and Amare are two great players, not everybody wants to play with two forwards that want to go iso 8 times out of 10. LBJ and D-Wade might be the best passers for their positions in the whole league. If you guys are able to come up with Chris Paul, the best passer in the league, THEN all these guys would take a discount to play for the Knicks. And I'm betting he either goes to NY or OKC.
ok, but JR Smith has always had a good relationship with Melo, plus he is from the area, and i dont see Denver keeping both Chandler and Smith this offseason. Im not saying its likely but one of the 2 could happen given the oppurtunity to be a #3 scorer on a contending team and both of their ties to the Knicks/NY.

Yeah Rip could get a similar spot with the Bulls (i bet you hed be a 6th man scorer type role on both teams though cause imo the Knicks and Bulls will still start Brewer/Landry nxt season, both just need a scorer/shooter to alternate minutes off the bench) but the Knicks have a much thinner bench than the Bulls do and Rip would probably get bigger minutes here AND more touches not to mention his ties with Billups more than anybody on the Bulls and its not like the Bulls are on another league than us... sure they are better, but they are only better because they have assembled a good crew of role players on that team which the Knicks can do if guys like Rip choose to come over here instead of giving the Bulls another player.

And i dont even want Dalebert but i bet you he ends up signing here because we are gonna go after centers like mad men this summer and with gasol likely to stay in Memphis, as with Chandler to Dallas, DeAndre being restricted and therefotre pretty much locked in LA for now, Oden's uncertainties, i dont think anyone is gonna throw more $ than the 3-4 mil we should have and probably will use to throw his way plus he gets to start next to one of the NBA's elite scoring power forwards on a contender.

It really all depends on the CBA but if we have any sort of MLE to work with this summer, even if it is cut to like $4 mil or some !+@@, the Knicks can acquire some nice pieces. I dont get how you can assume that the Bulls and Heat have all this money to throw at these guys but the Knicks dont, and because of the minutes we can offer/connections with the team some of these guys have i dont see all these guys just flocking to Miami or Chicago just for the chance to win there over playing here. Were 3-4 pieces from being at that level imo and 1-2 of those pieces (center, peremeter scorer) could potentially be found through Free Agency. And than we have the draft

EDIT: proph is that you with Nate?

swear i ran into him the other day in White Plains as well
laugh.gif

mad cool dude, we just spoke for a bit, he was impressed when i mentioned that game vs Atlanta after he was benched for 14 straight. i guess Nate fans have kinda died out in the NY area so i guess he respected that
pimp.gif

i was so happy i always wanted to meet Nate more than anybody when he played over here and have never ran into him anywhere
laugh.gif

EDIT EDIT: just thinking of players we could potentially trade for, what about JFlynn?

hes from NY, killed it at Cuse (and MSG), i really wanted him back in 08 and he should be on his way out now. Any chance you think we can like package Douglass and some other ***% to get him over here and have him back up Billups and maybe one day take over? It would probably help out Minnesota also because Douglass would be good to back up Rubio because he adds more size, scoring, and defense, to back up Rubio, while Flynn doesnt do much for them right now especially cause they still have Ridnour... just a thought

Off topic but if Iggy gets traded to LAC for C. Kaman... LAC would b a nice lil team, and young

Jordan
Griffin
Iggy
Gordon
Mo Williams

Nice

Back
Top Bottom