Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by CasperJr

pimp.gif
that alone makes this a good offseason hurts a div team more then they will realize
I agree, Vikings giving up Taylor was big.  Especially with the fumble issues Peterson has had, and Taylor is a good 3rd down back.  Then Kampman leaving GB, there goes their dominant pass rusher.  Lions and Bears are making moves while Vikings and Packers are letting their assets go.  I think this makes the NFC North alot more interesting on how it will play out next year.  And JPZx, you guys can have LT.  Dude is washed up, just like every analyst has been saying, he just doesn't have that burst of speed and to add to that he is going to want alot of money.  Only thing with the Bears right now is that after they sign Peppers, they are putting all their eggs in one basket.  I understand they don't have a first or second round pick, but if these players don't work out then they are setting themselves back for a few years to come.  

[h1]Source: Antrel Rolle on Verge of Signing With Giants[/h1]
3/05/2010 1:12 PM ET By

rolle-200-nes.jpg
Former Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle, one of the biggest unrestricted free agents on the market, is on the verge of completing a deal with the New York Giants, an NFL source with knowledge of the situation told FanHouse.

Rolle was released
by the Cardinals on Thursday, so that Arizona could sidestep a $4 million roster bonus owed him on March 5.

Several teams were immediately believed to have interest in Rolle, 27. He would make sense for the Giants given the team's struggles on defense last season and the uncertain health status of safety Kenny Phillips, who missed the last 14 games of New York's 2009 season with a left knee injury.

Rolle, 27, made four interceptions and 72 tackles last season for the Cardinals, his fifth season with the team and in the league. He has 12 career interceptions.

The Bears and Dolphins are also believed to be in play for Rolle, as are the Cardinals, who would like to re-sign the veteran under a different contract.

It isn't going to work out in Denver for Marshall, so they might as well get the 6th, I'm sure that's as high of a pick they'll get.

But would the go QB or go after Dez.

They would have Royal/Stokley...if he leaves.

yo %!%$ this uncapped year *%@%. the one offseason we would have had like 70 mill more to spend than any other team and then they go out and do that

pimp.gif
that alone makes this a good offseason hurts a div team more then they will realize
Wait so it sounds like Martz is going to use Chester Taylor as the featured back according to reports....but what do you need him for if you have Matt Forte a Top 10 RB??????

4khhrs.jpg

I called this 6 months ago by the way
pimp.gif

289k5cm.png

[h2]Source: Peppers, Bears finalizing deal[/h2]

•  
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

3530.jpg

Peppers

The Bears and Julius Peppers are in the process of finalizing a six-year deal to bring the top free agent in 2010 to Chicago, according to a source.

After agreeing on the numbers on the deal, both sides are having the language of the contract reviewed by the league and the NFLPA. If the language is approved, the source said, Peppers will be a Bear.

Peppers was looking for at least $12 million a year in the early part of the contract. The agreement could be worth $40 million over the first three years.

The 6-foot-7, 283-pound Peppers is a five-time Pro Bowler who recorded 10.5 sacks with two interceptions and five forced fumbles last season.

"If we bring in Julius Peppers, that could help us a lot," Bears defensive end Alex Brown said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "The guy's a monster, he's an animal. He's the biggest guy and fastest guy I think I've ever seen.

"He's as gifted as [linebacker Brian] Urlacher, I think. He's just about 30 pounds heavier. He's unbelievable.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
JPZx wrote:

pimp.gif
Wait so it sounds like Martz is going to use Chester Taylor as the featured back according to reports....but what do you need him for if you have Matt Forte a Top 10 RB??????

http://i47.tinypic.com/4khhrs.jpg src="http://i47.tinypic.com/4khhrs.jpg">

I called this 6 months ago by the way
pimp.gif

289k5cm.png

whats your point for bringing this up i didnt say he was better then forte

UPDATE: this offseason just keeps getting better for bears fans and the team

Originally Posted by outkast9984

anyone hear anything on the eagles?
Leonard Weaver got a new 3-year $10 million contract as I posted earlier....and we lost the Peppers sweepstakes.  Ah well.  Better open the checkbook for Kampman now.

The Bears are having a hell of an offseason now...

Sounding like Okung is going to be the guy Detroit looks at #2 now. Love it. Move Backus inside to LG and that becomes a much better OL. It should be quite a few options for Detroit from now until the 22nd. Now with 2 very solid DL's, we can look into trading down since the need for DT is a little less now.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

anything on the 49ers

wish we could get rid of lawson n clements
Here's the run down of 49ers-related free-agent activity so far:
* Interesting news from the Star-Ledger in New Jersey. Former No. 1 overall draft pick David Carr will visit the 49ers this weekend. The paper speculates that move might herald a battle between former No. 1 picks -- Alex Smith, of course, being the other. In my mind, a Carr signing is bad news not for Smith but for No. 2 quarterback Shaun Hill. Carr, 30, has been a back up for the Giants the last two years. He completed 21 of 33 passes last season. Carr, who is from Bakersfield, also is expected to draw interest from the Cardinals.

* Receiver Arnaz Battle has visits lined up this weekend with Pittsburgh and division rival Seattle, according to a league source. The Vikings also are interested. I'm wondering if Battle is the beneficiary of some kind words from new Seahawks special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich, who was a special teamer alongside Battle in San Francisco and knows how tough he is. The Seahawks also are short a receiver after Nate Burleson signed with the Lions. As for the Steelers, Battle has drawn comparisons -- from former coach Mike Nolan -- with Hines Ward. Pittsburgh also hired former 49ers special teams coach Al Everest in the offseason.

* National Football Post reports that free-agent offensive tackle Tony Pashos will visit with the ********. In addition, I've learned that he's also visiting the Broncos. A ******** connection is something I've been predicting since January when offensive line coach Chris Foerster, with whom Pashos is close, moved to the ********. At the combine, both Mike Singletary and Scot McCloughan were optimistic the 49ers could retain Pashos, who they see as a right tackle only. The team also wants to retain free agent Barry Sims, who proved to be a capable back-up at left tackle last year.

* After playing very well in relief of injured left tackle Joe Staley last season, Sims has drawn interest from two other teams, according to his agent. Sims wants to return to the 49ers but will explore his options.

* Cardinals safety Matt Ware is visiting with an NFC West team, according to his agent. Which team he would not say, but I'm guessing it's San Francisco or Seattle, which has been aggressive thus far. Ware played collegiately at UCLA. Ware, 27, was a third-round pick by the Eagles in 2004. He spent the last four seasons with the Cardinals, starting three games in that span. *update* Ware is not visiting San Francisco, a team spokesman confirmed. I'd put my money on Seattle, but that's just a guess ...

I'll fill in more news as it comes ....

If I'm being serious though, I really would rather have Thomas Jones as a backup rather than Tomlinson

14 TDs, 1400 yards last year for TJ...he's obviously still got a lot left in the tank even though there is a lot of tread on the tires. Just two fumbles last season too, would be a GREAT change of pace back to AP. I'm not sure how well he would take being a backup though even with splitting time w/ Greene near the end in NY.

I also like Sproles too but by reports it sounds like SD is hanging on to him.

Order I would prefer:

Thomas Jones > Darren Sproles > Ladanian Tomlinson > Brian Westbrook

Big Ben accused of sexual assault. ...again

Let's see how ESPN reports/don't report this one

Originally Posted by franchise3

Big Ben accused of sexual assault. ...again

Let's see how ESPN reports/don't report this one
omgosh he's a sex addict!!

Back
Top Bottom