Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

David Kaplan on 03.04.10 at 10:39 PM |

NFL free agency is about to begin and NFL sources are reporting that safety Antrel Rolle who was cut by the Arizona Cardinals this afternoon has turned down a 5 year offer from the Miami Dolphins for under the 8 million dollars per season that he is asking for. It appears that Rolle will visit the New York Giants and sources tell me tonight that they will meet his asking price. He could agree to a contract tomorrow.

Additionally, it appears that the Bears are going all in on free agent DE Julius Peppers and their contract offer could be the biggest contract in franchise history. Stay tuned!

vxmcclure23
Lovie Smith just touched down in Charlotte to meet with Julius Peppers and his agent, Carl Carey. Smith will fly back to Chicago with them. half a minute ago via web ITS A WRAP sorry ******** fans we took jay cutler and peppers

52563587-04211622.jpg

Peppers Will Fly To Chicago on Friday

Defensive end Julius Peppers, the top agent on the market, has agreedto visit the Bears Friday, agent Carl Carey told the Tribune as freeagency began Thursday night.

No team was allowed to have contact with Peppers until the free-agentperiod officially began at 11:01 p.m., but Peppers had a stronginterest in joining Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, and Tommie Harris onthe Bears' defense. The Bears were the first team to call Carey andextended a "substantial offer'' that was good enough to get Peppers onthe plane.

Other teams, such as the ******** and Seahawks, were expected to make alate push for Peppers as well, but the Bears emerged as thefront-runner. He could visit other teams depending on what happens inChicago.

The Bears were expected to be active in free agency and there is astrong chance they could land restricted free-agent running backChester Taylor, Adrian Peterson's backup with the Vikings, as well.Adding Peppers, Taylor, and blocking tight end Brandon Manumaleunawould show how serious the Bears are about winning in this pivotal 2010season.

Peppers, 30, brings 81 career sacks to the Bears following eightseasons with Carolina. Some have questioned his work ethic, but histeammates in Carolina as well as other observes around the leaguebelieve he can have an instant impact for the Bears.
Right end Alex Brown said during a radio interview Thursday that hewould be willing to switch to left end in order to accommodate Peppers.Both Urlacher and Briggs have voice their support of Peppers in recentweeks.
The Bears managed 35 sacks last season, 24 by the defensive line, andthe five-time Pro Bowler Peppers could be exactly what the Bears needto improve their inconsistent pass rush.

The Bears also could be looking to fill a void at safety and haddiscussions with Antrel Rolle, who was released by the Cardinals. Rolleis scheduled to visit the Giants Friday.

SI_PeterKing

Dansby, Pennington lean to Dolphins, Lovie travels to woo Peppers, Schwartz travels to woo KVB, Schefter says Kampman looks like a Seahawk

SI_PeterKing

Just heard 'Skins GM Bruce Allen is riding herd on building to skip on biggest FA names, clean up own house, and win secondary FA battles.

KVB and Kampman looking at/getting looks from Detroit, Peppers visiting the Bears.
smh.gif

NFCN bout to have the meanest pass rushers in the game and as of right now GB still has no tackles
sick.gif

"YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

/Jeezy

Damn I feel good. Keeping my expectations for this season low though...

Please Ted, grow some sack and sign Jared Gaither w that 1st round tender... 24 year old proven LT, we need help on the ends RIGHT NOW.

2nd round pick is high... but I like the fact that Cro is still pretty young.

If he comes back to 2007 form, this deal is
pimp.gif

I just hope this trade doesn't bring back all the gassed Jets fans.
sick.gif
The end of last season was hard enough, I don't know if NT can withstand that much fail again.
smh.gif

Welcome to the Jets, Cromartie
grin.gif
. Sure, the ultra slack in the playoff game last season was hard to watch, but Rex Ryan will polish the kid and he will be great to watch alongside Revis, you'll see.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I already know the Bears fans are gonna be typing on NT with their chests puffed out again
laugh.gif

Reserved optimism from me.

Rodgers is gonna be running for his life when he plays the Bears.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I already know the Bears fans are gonna be typing on NT with their chests puffed out again
laugh.gif

Reserved optimism from me.

Rodgers is gonna be running for his life when he plays the Bears.
devil.gif

What are the chances we sign Brandon Manumaleuna, and then trade Olsen For A pick AND THEN flip that for say.........Quan?

Maybe I'm not thinking straight from all this mid-term studying, but that would be some **+%
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom