Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Rolle wants $8 million-per-season [/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 10:09 PM ET
Conventional wisdom says that the Cardinals will make a strong push to keep safety Antrel Rolle, but they don't want to give him equal money to teammate Adrian Wilson.

Well, something has to give because Rolle wants Wilson money.  More, actually.  Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes that Rolle is expecting a deal that averages $8 million-per-season.

That's more than Wilson, Troy Polamalu, and Ed Reed earn on average.

Rolle clearly isn't in the same class as those players.  It will say a lot about the uncapped year and odd inequities of NFL free agency if Rolle gets the money he wants.

wait, did someone in here really just say that they WOULDN'T trade a 5th round pick for Antonio Cromartie? r u serious?

Report: New York Giants Could Offer Julius Peppers $100 Million

Julius Peppers may have found a team willing to meet his huge asking price.

According to media reports, the Giants could offer the defensive end a $100 million deal. On WFAN's Boomer and Carton show Wednesday morning, Craig Carton confirmed that he had inside information that the Giants have prepared an offer similar to Albert Haynesworth's seven-year, $100 million agreement with the Washington ********.

Peppers will leave the Carolina Panthers as a free agent after declining their offer of about $14 million a year. The 30-year-old has expressed a willingness to play in a 3-4 defense and would be open to moving from defensive end to outside linebacker. If the Giants signed Peppers, they could move to a 3-4 scheme.

Link

Please do it New York...save us from ourselves
laugh.gif

^^ Was just about to post this.

This %+%@ is exciting. I hate when football ends but I look forward to free agency

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Report: New York Giants Could Offer Julius Peppers $100 Million

Julius Peppers may have found a team willing to meet his huge asking price.

According to media reports, the Giants could offer the defensive end a $100 million deal. On WFAN's Boomer and Carton show Wednesday morning, Craig Carton confirmed that he had inside information that the Giants have prepared an offer similar to Albert Haynesworth's seven-year, $100 million agreement with the Washington ********.

Peppers will leave the Carolina Panthers as a free agent after declining their offer of about $14 million a year. The 30-year-old has expressed a willingness to play in a 3-4 defense and would be open to moving from defensive end to outside linebacker. If the Giants signed Peppers, they could move to a 3-4 scheme.
Link

Please do it New York...save us from ourselves
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

But werent we going to a Cover 2 defense under Perry?

But damn. Justin Tuck, Kiawanuka, Umenyiora and Peppers?

I still say we need to get rid of Osi. 

Have Tuck and Peppers play DEs and OLBs with Kiawanuka coming in as a sub

Shanahan and Co. cleaning HOUSE! I hope he can light a fire under Portis at least so he doesnt go out like last year smh

Originally Posted by theone2401

Shanahan and Co. cleaning HOUSE! I hope he can light a fire under Portis at least so he doesnt go out like last year smh
Yep and more cuts are coming according to Larry Weisman of ********.com at the Bruce Allen PC at 7. I love it.

(Bruce Allen said he's looking forward to midnight
laugh.gif
)

OK so here are the rest of the cuts :
Cornelius Griffin
Todd Collins
Marcus Mason
Eddie Williams

pimp.gif
I LOVE what Shanny is doing right now....that will all change if these moves are being made to clear space for Peppers (which I think is happening).

Under the old watch, those overpaid, old, non-productive vets would have been safe.....glad there is change in DC.

[h1]Land rush for Antrel Rolle[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2010 8:40 PM ET

Now that a $4 million roster bonus and an $8 million salary have gotten safety Antrel Rolle released by the Cardinals, multiple teams are hot on his trail.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Rolle's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, currently is negotiating with the Bears.

A league source has confirmed that the Bears are indeed chasing Rolle.  We're also told that the Giants and Dolphins are pursuing Rolle, and that the Cardinals still hope to get him back.

Rolle, a top-ten pick in the bust-filled first round of the 2005 draft, started 15 games in 2009.  For his career, he has appeared in 68 games, starting 61.

He entered the league as a cornerback, but he eventually was moved to safety.

Damn the Skins cleaning house.
laugh.gif

Gift/DoubleJs do y'all think Shanahan will cut Portis?

Originally Posted by toine2983

Damn the Skins cleaning house.
laugh.gif

Gift/DoubleJs do y'all think Shanahan will cut Portis?

He's owed a lot of money.....I think he'll be here for this season....however, whichever RB they draft WILL be competing for carries with Portis.  There's no guarantee that he's going to be #1 on the depth chart for the whole season. 

All that being said, I still wouldn't be shocked if he's dumped before the season started....Shanahan has gotten rid of Portis in the past, so who knows? 
laugh.gif

@EricStangel Jets update- Rex Ryan has put a 1st & 3rd round tender on the Taco Bell Grilled Stuft Burrito Fiesta Platter...
laugh.gif

Now that a $4 million roster bonus and an $8 million salary have gotten safety Antrel Rolle released by the Cardinals, multiple teams are hot on his trail.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Rolle's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, currently is negotiating with the Bears.

A league source has confirmed that the Bears are indeed chasing Rolle.  We're also told that the Giants and Dolphins are pursuing Rolle, and that the Cardinals still hope to get him back.

Rolle, a top-ten pick in the bust-filled first round of the 2005 draft, started 15 games in 2009.  For his career, he has appeared in 68 games, starting 61.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif
I LOVE what Shanny is doing right now....that will all change if these moves are being made to clear space for Peppers (which I think is happening).

Under the old watch, those overpaid, old, non-productive vets would have been safe.....glad there is change in DC.

and by the end of next season, yall will STILL be 6-10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MPire

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

and by the end of next season, yall will STILL be 6-10
laugh.gif
and?  Everyone knows this. 

^^ I know Im just messing. Im just depressed that football is over so any little bit of football talk gets me excited.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Come on Danny boy

Hope the Texans can make a push for Cromartie or draft Kyle Wilson in the draft!!! Dunta is long gone and we definitely need a upgrade in front of Bennett and Reeves!!! Guin Jr and McCain are the future and Im not sold on Molden just yet....

Back
Top Bottom