Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez IV thread.

As a Pac fan and a Filipino, this is devastating. Manny was just more than boxing to us. For a country known for its poverty and corruption, he has one of the few things we could look up to. Feels bad man. Hopefully he continues to make a difference politically. :smh: :frown:

Gotta admit Marquez WRECKED him with that hit. I had that "Did this dude just did this?" John Starks face. Mad props to him.

I'm filipino and damn pacman went down like ric flair, crazy. Marquez has had his number for the past couple of fights, I'm glad there was a decisive winner too bad it wasn't pacman

As a Filipino American, I think every single one of us in the Filipino diaspora felt this defeat tonight. What a huge blow and shock to us. To be honest, Filipinos don't have a lot to root for in sports. Manny Pacquiao is a national hero in the Philippines and a Filipino icon. He gives us hope and makes us proud. That said, he got way too careless in this fight. I used to box, and while there were a lot of good things I saw in him tonight, he looked way too vulnerable. He just wasn't defensively responsible tonight. He kept throwing his right hand while not keeping his left hand up to guard. In the end, that is what cost him.

I want to say hats off to Marquez, but the presence of Angel Guillermo Heredia in his training camp raises a lot of red flags to me. His current physique is so much different than the past couple of years. He looks ripped as hell. And at age 39? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right, man. Heredia is a guru at finding ways for athletes on PEDs to get around the drug test. He distributed to Marion Jones, and she never failed a drug test...

Last edited:
NOW PAC STANS COMING WITH THE LEGACY ****

SHUT THE HELL UP AND WIPE THOSE SALTINE TEARS FROM UNDER YOU EYES.........YOUR "BOY" IS DONE.........FINITO.....EL FIN.....THE END..MUERTO....ITS OVER....R.I.P.

MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm confused. Why are Mayweather fans rejoicing like Floyd did something?

This rivalry will go down as one of the best. Hell, it isn't even complete! Looks like they'll have a fifth and TRULY deciding fight after Pac get's a tune-up/morale booster of a fight. It'll probably be against Bradley or maybe even Rios.

It was sad to see Pac get laid out like that....But in retrospect, it didn't matter which welterweight was taking that punch, they'd go down the same way Pac did.

Congrats to JMM on that fantastic KO. I'm lookin forward to the fifth fight in the fall/winter of 2013!

I want to say hats off to Marquez, but the presence of Angel Guillermo Heredia in his training camp raises a lot of red flags to me. His current physique is so much different than the past couple of years. He looks ripped as hell. And at age 39? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right, man. Heredia is a guru at finding ways for athletes on PEDs to get around the drug test.

because pacman refusing to take blood tests during the pac vs floyd negotiations didn't raise any red flags?

I'm pretty sure marquez asked for random blood tests and pacman's camp declined...>D

besides, manny was practically winning the fight up until he got K'd the F out. marquez just happened to land 2 hay makers right on target.
I know the outcome of this fight pains you and doesn't make you feel good because your boy pacman lost, but how do you think we felt when they robbed marquez that 3rd fight

tumblr_mer7kqoxzA1ryi0v7o1_500.jpg

The Pacquiao

Last edited:
As a Filipino American, I think every single one of us in the Filipino diaspora felt this defeat tonight. What a huge blow and shock to us. To be honest, Filipinos don't have a lot to root for in sports. Manny Pacquiao is a national hero in the Philippines and a Filipino icon. He gives us hope and makes us proud. That said, he got way too careless in this fight. I used to box, and while there were a lot of good things I saw in him tonight, he looked way too vulnerable. He just wasn't defensively responsible tonight. He kept throwing his right hand while not keeping his left hand up to guard. In the end, that is what cost him.
I want to say hats off to Marquez, but the presence of Angel Guillermo Heredia in his training camp raises a lot of red flags to me. His current physique is so much different than the past couple of years. He looks ripped as hell. And at age 39? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right, man. Heredia is a guru at finding ways for athletes on PEDs to get around the drug test. He distributed to Marion Jones, and she never failed a drug test...

Exactly this.

The problem with people's rebuttals is that they'll say us Pac fans are crying wolf because Pac supposedly dopes.

The reason why red flags are justified for JMM and the PED speculation is because 'Angel' has a history of providing PEDs (BALCO), where as Pacquiao's strength and conditioning coach (Alex Ariza) does not. On top of JMM's S&C coach having the history that he does, his physique was eye-popping. All that muscle and only weighing 143....wow. Marquez's physique caught my eye when I watched episode 3 of 24/7.....

because pacman refusing to take blood tests during the pac vs floyd negotiations didn't raise any red flags?
I'm pretty sure marquez asked for random blood tests and pacman's camp declined...>D
besides, manny was practically winning the fight up until he got K'd the F out. marquez just happened to land 2 hay makers right on target.
I know the outcome of this fight pains you and doesn't make you feel good because your boy pacman lost, but how do you think we felt when they robbed marquez that 3rd fight

Yes, Pac refused to take random blood test during the first set of negotiations. However, Pac agreed to them during the second and third set of negotiations.

How about when news was released that Pacquiao had in fact won the first Pac/JMM fight by scorecards but one asinine judge scored the first round wrong (should have been scored 10-6 not 10-7), resulting in a draw? Even more recent, what about the Bradley fiasco....

Last edited:
I want to say hats off to Marquez, but the presence of Angel Guillermo Heredia in his training camp raises a lot of red flags to me. His current physique is so much different than the past couple of years. He looks ripped as hell. And at age 39? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right, man. Heredia is a guru at finding ways for athletes on PEDs to get around the drug test.

Close, yes. Robbery, it was not. I had that fight even at 76-76 after the 8th round, but then Marquez decided to take his foot off the gas in the last 4 rounds. I gave them all to Pacquiao. Look at the punch stats in those last 4 rounds, too. It's not even debatable. I scored it 116-112 Pacquiao. I could conceivable see it being scored 115-113, but no closer than that.

As for the steroids allegations about Pacquiao, I found that refusal to initally accept the random blood testing for the Mayweather fight a red flag as well. However, Manny also conceded that point during the second round of negotiations, which Mayweather refused to engage in. Pacquiao to this day says he will do anything Mayweather asks for blood testing.

Also, Pacquiao doesn't have a known steroids distributor working as his strength and conditioning coach. This victory is very fishy to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing...s-about-ped-use-manny-pacquiao-200532499.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom