Offical: Lakers @ Hornets 1/9 5:00PM PST Game On KCAL 9

pimp.gif

Just like i predicted in the season thread

Dam though they have a crazy stretch after the next 3 games, with DET the first in a 9-game road trip...

PHX, DEN, @ SA, @ DAL, CLE (seem to do poor against them), NY*, @ DET, + 8 road games

*an exception

What a decisive win for the Lakers.. Looks like the Hornets got sprayed, then roach stomped out there.. Guts just everywhere.. I honestly do think the Lakerscould make the western finals given the right matchups.. The team and players are playing well above their respective ceilings.. and Phil Jackson running it..oh man.. Good win yall..

i love laker fans. 10 pages thick when its a big win. 2-3 tops when its a loss. i guess thats how it goes.

nice win yall

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i love laker fans. 10 pages thick when its a big win. 2-3 tops when its a loss. i guess thats how it goes.

nice win yall

not really...threads where the lakers lose have just as many responses (if not more).

nice win yall
lies...win or lose...our threads are always 10+ pages plus.

nice win yall

not really. i've seen longer Lakers thread even if its an L. just depends on who's the opponent, imo.
tongue.gif

Stupid Pacers, stuuuupid pacers.

LTB get on the bucks game thread
pimp.gif

P.S I got clinicals at victor valley hospital today, whhhhat a drive.

Go Lakers!
laugh.gif

nice win yall

wow is this guy serious? selective memory huh? my stubborn hag of a grandma is like that....

nice win yall

6000 posts and still new to NT? Hopp off the net buddy.

nice win yall

Are you being serious?
laugh.gif

I strongly recommend that you search all Laker threads, and see that win or lose, they reach 10+ MINIMUM.

Double that if they are playing the Suns.

nice highlights...great game by the bench
pimp.gif

who says we need a LTB thread and a 3pledouble prediction to win
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

holdenmichael:
[table][tr][td]Western[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]L 10[/td] [td]STREAK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0.706[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]12-8[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]11-4[/td] [td]13-6[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Antonio[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0.697[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]16-9[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]17-2[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]L 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dallas[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0.676[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]16-3[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]W 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0.618[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]15-7[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]16-3[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]9-1[/td] [td]W 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0.676[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]15-5[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]13-5[/td] [td]10-6[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]W 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Orleans[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0.657[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]17-8[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]L 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Denver[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0.618[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]13-10[/td] [td]5-2[/td] [td]14-5[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]L 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Golden State[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]0.571[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]13-9[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [td]9-7[/td] [td]11-8[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Houston[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]0.528[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]9-11[/td] [td]3-5[/td] [td]8-6[/td] [td]11-11[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]W 4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]0.528[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]10-10[/td] [td]3-3[/td] [td]13-3[/td] [td]6-14[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]0.394[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]5-13[/td] [td]0-5[/td] [td]9-8[/td] [td]4-12[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L.A. Clippers[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]0.323[/td] [td]12.5[/td] [td]6-13[/td] [td]2-5[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]0.294[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]5-15[/td] [td]2-9[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]4-12[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]L 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]0.257[/td] [td]15.5[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]2-4[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]4-15[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]0.147[/td] [td]19.0[/td] [td]3-19[/td] [td]0-7[/td] [td]4-13[/td] [td]1-16[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][/table]
The Lakers are essentially the 4 seed right now because they'd own homecourt advantage over the Blazers. I know that every team has injuries, close losses, etc. to play the "what if" game, but it takes nothing away from my amazement at the Lakers record. I believe I read somewhere that they're the third youngest team in the league and that they've played the third strongest schedule. They have two two point losses at home against non-playoff teams and a four point loss against the Warriors due to Kobe's injury.

If you give the Lakers just one of those wins, they'd be the top seed in the Western Conference almost halfway through the season. Who would have thunk it?

Oh wait, they were also 23-11 at this point last season. I remember that a lot of people were stating that they were only playing well because of a friendly schedule in which they had played a majority of their games at home (20). Well, this season they've played 18 at home so I don't believe that those two extra home games at this point last year really made a difference. Many a Laker fan claimed that injuries played a large role in the wheels falling off (they stayed 12 games above .500 another eight games- 27-15, but finished 15-25) and I believe I read that the Lakers had lost the most starter games due to injury so we weren't far off.

There were a few of us that asked for patience and minor tweaking unless a major player (KG) could be had.

Many people asked for major overhaul and you can't blame them because there are (were?) probably six teams with starting fives that look better on paper.

Last year, I wanted Bynum to be traded for Kidd and Kupchak to be fired. This year, I'm still looking for improvement, but on a smaller scale and I'm satisfied with the job that Kupchak has done (Fisher, Evans & Cook for Ariza) considering that what might be mistakes (over paying for Fisher, re-signing Walton) haven't had much of an effect on the team.

As happy as I am right now, youth and inexperience still means something come playoff time so I'm hoping that they can keep up this pace and earn home court advantage for at least two rounds.

I apologize for wasting your time with my rambling, but be thankful that this isn't LG.net where it would be a new thread instead of a reply in a game thread.
tongue.gif

Man, I never realized we were that close to being the top West team right now. Some 2 point losses and a 4 point loss.

eek.gif

Crazy.

And about the Bynum/Kidd thing last year; man, even though Kidd is my favorite player in the league, I'm not mad at Mitch for this right now. I mean, howcan I be? Bynum does WORK, man.

And I've always maintained this: great post players (4s and 5s) in basketball and great pitchers in baseball are PRICELESS commodities for their teams. Youjump on any opportunity to have 'em, and you hold on to them for as long as possible when you get 'em.
WallyHopp:

nice win yall
I love the delusional type.

Someone told you wrong.

Going backwards on our most recent losses...

#1- Offical: Lakers vs. Celtics 12/30 7:00PM PST Game On FSN West & NBATV: inthat one, we lost to the Celtics by 19. The thread only reached TWENTY-THREE pages.
laugh.gif

#2- [::Official LA Lakers @ Cleveland Cavs 12/20 5:00pm PT TNT (preview added)::]:here, we lost to the Cavs by 4. The thread reached 13 pages.
laugh.gif

#3- I can't find our loss to Golden State on December 14th, but I assure you, it's more than 2-3 pages.

#4- magic @ LAKERS 12/02 (the Brian Cook show): 7 pages.
ohwell.gif
Still not 2-3, though.
laugh.gif

#5- L.A. Lakers @ Utah Jazz - 11/30 - 7:30 pt - ESPN: 5 pages.
ohwell.gif
Again, still not 2-3, though.
laugh.gif

#6- [:: Official NJ Nets @ LA Lakers 6:30pm PT ::]: 14 pages
laugh.gif

Soooo... yeah.
roll.gif
2-3 pages when the Lakers lose, right? We just disappearwhen we lose, right?

Right.
thumbsup.gif

Kidskillz, we're gonna need you to post them highlights after every game, that'd be nice.

Btw, Kobe was not credited for that block on Bynum
eyes.gif

I love the way Ariza is playing...really nice tip pass to Karl.
That dunk by Walton was sooo vicious
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom