Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Beasley?? Come on man... He actually needs more touches. Wade is the true "ballhog" on that team.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Beasley?? Come on man... He actually needs more touches. Wade is the true "ballhog" on that team.

the coach never sets plays up for beasley... its always give the ball to wade and get the hell out the way offense... wade drives gets doubled and dishes out.... beasley needs to be in a rhythm to get going.... so everytime he has the ball its always near the arc... iso, shoot or iso, sometimes takes it in... but when he misses twice, confidence is gone and he know that haslem is gonna come in.... there was a couple games when wade was out and beasley had to be the man on offense... he did a pretty good job for a little bit, but he wasnt ready to take the roll... and JO stepped in....

beasley can use his quickness over other 4's, i just dont know why the coach never sets a play for him... i honestly think that dude would beast on another team... there was one game when wade yelled at beasley to stop feeling sorry for himself... and beasley went off against ATL in the 4th

laugh.gif
, did anyone see the replay of the Kings game against the Clippers tonight?

Mardy Collins and DeAndre Jordan are defending.

Jason Thompson sets a screen on Collins.

Jordan shows even though Tyreke didn't use the screen.

That leaves Thompson rolling into the lane w/ Drew Gooden barely showing and Jordan taking his time getting back.

No pass from Tyreke.

Thompson has the time to look behind him to make sure there isn't a defender near him.

Thompson looks back at Tyreke with his hands up.

No pass from Tyreke.

Bored, Gooden goes back to his man as Jordan is still strolling back to an open Thompson.

No pass from Tyreke.

Instead, Tyreke takes a jumper a step inside the 3pt line that banks in.

It was slightly amusing when I first saw it, but it became funny after reading Hollinger's piece on chuckers.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Jdiddy931 wrote:

CP.. Spurs playin better then the Lakers and they just whooped on them at their homecourt the other day so why talk trash? Laker fans continue to hate for no reason, worry about your own damn team.

go suns!

Diddy, your avy just popped his shirt after a made basket in another hopeless loss.  Your team will be out the playoffs in less then 2 weeks.  Your trophy case is empty, but those couple huge pacific division banners ya'll hung sure make the building look nice. 
The Lakers whooped the Spurs in their house a week before, so what's the point?  The Lakers have stepped all over the Suns for the past 3 years like a kindergarten team.  Worry about your own damn team. 

Go away. 

roll.gif
exactly my point on what I said, no class.

and what the heck does this mean? I thought Suns won that game...
grin.gif

Jdiddy931 wrote:

CP.. Spurs playin better then the Lakers and they just whooped on them at their homecourt the other day so why talk trash? Laker fans continue to hate for no reason, worry about your own damn team.

go suns!

really? and you suns fans dont talk trash after we have recently dominated your team?
heres something i found very ironic in a Lakers season thread

on 11/16/09

Jdiddy931 wrote:
Suns on top the West.

that was fun while it lasted?
laugh.gif

NBA Player X: Wes Wesley makes it happen 

This article appears in the April 19 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Who is the most powerful person in the NBA? David Stern? No.
LeBron James? No. Kobe Bryant? Nope. It's Wes Wesley. Most fans don't know who he is. Most players, agents and GMs can't figure out who he works for. (More on that in a minute.) But we all know this: Wes is the greatest connector of players, coaches, GMs, agents, celebrities and big-time sponsors in sports. Need tickets to a Jay-Z concert, a new sneaker deal or the phone number of a general manager, he's your man. There's a reason we call him Uncle Wes.

The first time I met him I was in college, and I was like, "Who is this guy?" He was advising a teammate, which made me skeptical. Then I noticed he had his name on his Jordans, which was pretty cool. I'd never seen that before on anyone who wasn't in the NBA, so I knew Wes was legit.

After I got into the league I ran into him again because he was friends with a guy on my team. He took me to dinner and told me if I ever needed anything to just call. Right away I knew he was different from the other sketchy dudes hanging around because he didn't ask me for anything. Years later, the man has hooked me up with everything from sports drink endorsements to grooming commercials. When I wanted a new sneaker deal, Wes was my first call. My agent may have negotiated the contract, but Wes made it happen. And he's never asked for a dime, ever. Nobody really knows who pays him. I'm good friends with him, and I still don't know.

[h3][/h3]
Sticky situation? Uncle Wes is your man.

Another reason guys respect Wes is that the dude will give it to you straight up. Most guys who hang around young, rich athletes won't do that because they're afraid of getting fired. But you can't fire Wes. He doesn't work for you. He's like that dude from "Pulp Fiction" who gets called in to clean up sticky situations. Sometimes it's a young guy who is great on the court but sucks at life. Wes will straighten his +*% out. He'll say, "You're coming with me, young fella." Then he'll lay it out on the table like, "Dude, you're screwin' up." He'll look at his entourage and say, "This person stays, but these clowns gotta go." Sometimes it's a coach who calls him for help, or a teammate or an agent. But he gets through to guys because he never asks for anything. And it doesn't hurt that he remembers the name of everyone he's ever met.

One of my favorite Wes stories is from a few years back, when he completely tore apart a well-known superstar's entourage for acting like idiots. Up to that point, no one had the balls to call out this guy's friends. The player's manager was professional and always wore a suit, but the other clowns around him were acting dumb and dressing like slobs. So one day Wes just loses it and curses out the manager. "These bums are dragging down the entire brand! You guys are repping your friend and walking around in these raggedy clothes acting like dumb-@!%@$! Get outta here!" Sure enough, they were gone, like that. That player has been straight since.

Because he has the ear of every player, coach, GM and sneaker company, a lot of people around basketball like to hate on Wes. Agents worry that he's going to steal their clients and steer them to one of his favorite agents. They think he's a glorified runner, a dude who agents send around to befriend players, get them into clubs and eventually get them to sign a contract. It's a shady business. But Wes is not one of those guys. Wes isn't running for anyone. I'm sure he's got his ways to make money, but he's interested only in setting up deals and making sure the people around you are looking out for you. When I got to the NBA he asked me if my agent was taking care of me. I told him about my contract, and Wes said it was cool, that my agent did a good job. He just wanted to know that I was taken care of.

Agents aren't the only ones wary of Wes, though. He scares GMs because he has the power to convince players they need a change of scenery when their contracts are up. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in LeBron's ear about Cleveland. And the rumor now is that he recently signed on with CAA -- home to LeBron, Melo and D-Wade -- to be an agent for college and NBA coaches. I guess the thinking goes: He's already friends with Calipari, why not make it official? If this is true, we'll finally know where some of his money comes from. But it won't be all of it; Wes will still be setting up deals all over. I'm just glad he's my friend.

Player X is an NBA star. This is his second column in a series of unfiltered looks into the lives of professional athletes.

Mike, I know you replied in here somewhere, I saw it, but now it's gone.  But you said something about what the @#$% is wrong with this site.  I dunno, but it's pissing me off. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Feel like a damn time traveler.  The main page looks exactly the way it did when I logged on this morning at 9.  The @#$%
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Edit, ^ and there it is now. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

laugh.gif
, did anyone see the replay of the Kings game against the Clippers tonight?

Mardy Collins and DeAndre Jordan are defending.

Jason Thompson sets a screen on Collins.

Jordan shows even though Tyreke didn't use the screen.

That leaves Thompson rolling into the lane w/ Drew Gooden barely showing and Jordan taking his time getting back.

No pass from Tyreke.

Thompson has the time to look behind him to make sure there isn't a defender near him.

Thompson looks back at Tyreke with his hands up.

No pass from Tyreke.

Bored, Gooden goes back to his man as Jordan is still strolling back to an open Thompson.

No pass from Tyreke.

Instead, Tyreke takes a jumper a step inside the 3pt line that banks in.

It was slightly amusing when I first saw it, but it became funny after reading Hollinger's piece on chuckers.
laugh.gif
He made it though... I didn't see the play, but what happened to Collins defending Tyreke and forcing him to pass to JT?

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=player_x&id=5064996

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=player_x&id=5064996
Oneof my favorite Wes stories is from a few years back, when he completelytore apart a well-known superstar's entourage for acting like idiots.Up to that point, no one had the balls to call out this guy's friends.The player's manager was professional and always wore a suit, but theother clowns around him were acting dumb and dressing like slobs. Soone day Wes just loses it and curses out the manager. "These bums aredragging down the entire brand! You guys are repping your friend andwalking around in these raggedy clothes acting like dumb-@!%@$! Getoutta here!" Sure enough, they were gone, like that. That player hasbeen straight since.

And in today's least surprising news...

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...three_separate_police_incidents_in_five_days/[/h1]
[h1]Rider Arrested After Three Separate Police Incidents In Five Days[/h1]

Apr 09, 2010 6:57 PM EST

Isaiah Rider was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his fiancé and bilking a cab driver out of $150, Mesa police said Friday.

Rider last played in the NBA for the Denver Nuggets in 2001.

According to Mesa police, he was involved in three separate police incidents in five days and was taken into custody Thursday after an officer spotted him driving erratically in a black Escalade with three small children in the back.

According to police reports, the first incident was an apparent altercation with his fiancé on Sunday at their home near University Drive and Power Road in Mesa.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._police_incidents_in_five_days/#ixzz0keaKvw1B

C'mon, Boston...you're fighting for a seed and you're down 21 to the Wiz on your home floor.
laugh.gif

Take a Geritol and get your %$#+ together.

ATL scored 14 in the first quarter. 45 in the second...is there a record for most absurd swing from one quarter to the next?

At the start of the week, the Pistons was one game away from having sole possession of the 3rd worst record in the league, would've had them pretty set...

...and out of all the times in the world, they take this opportunity to jump on a 3-4 game winning streak?!? Putting them as 9th removed after tonight.

I almost feel as if they are running this franchise into the ground on purpose....

Big win for the Thunder. I'm not sure what it does in the standings, but if it gets out of the 8th, I'm all for it. The West is too complicated. Got to wait til SC at the end of the night to break it down.

Well it looks like if Suns do make it out 1st round they'll get Lakers in 2nd.

Kevin Durant is unstoppable man. Thunder lucky to have a player like him

In what situations can the NBA go to instant replay?

I'm watching Blazers/Mavs and they just spent 15 minutes reviewing a bump between Howard/Najera.

Someone's gonna bleed by the end of this Portland/Dallas game if it keeps at this pace.

Originally Posted by 4thand10

In what situations can the NBA go to instant replay?

I'm watching Blazers/Mavs and they just spent 15 minutes reviewing a bump between Howard/Najera.

They must be looking to hand out technicals or ejections. Because they can't go to replay on just a missed foul call, unless they are trying to establish who started an altercation or like if the shooter was shooting a 3 or 2, with the exception of the last 2 minutes. But they can't like call a foul, look at replay, then be like, "no foul after all."

Originally Posted by Noskey

Someone's gonna bleed by the end of this Portland/Dallas game if it keeps at this pace.

The fact that its the Blazers and it's the revamped franchise is the only reason why I don't see this happening. Things are getting bad right now though.

Back
Top Bottom