Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

No argument at all, Mitch ain't great, he just ain't awful neither.  No other GM's done what he done, so not sure who all these "great" GM's are. 

Pritchard gets love out here like no other, his team/his players can't get out the first round. 

Houston's GM is called great by folks.  Team won't make the postseason. 

Donnie Walsh has a "plan" it involves giving away players/picks/wins and praying for a mega star to take 100 million dollars from him to play ball and live in New York. 

But Mitch sucks compared to them. 
laugh.gif

*shrugs*  Like I said, middle of the pack, nothing special, nothing terrible.  Just manages as best he can. 

don't play donnie for inheriting that mess. and he still made some incredible moves to free up cap that had to happen regardless of lebron and all that. donnie walsh is great because of what he did in Indiana.

Originally Posted by CP1708

The Rockets have been pretty competitive this year with all the injuries on the team. No Yao for the whole season and the whole T-Mac mess didn't help. This is the same team Barkley said on opening night that will have the worst record in the league (yes, no one listens to him...). Dude got a steal by trading T-Mac's contract too.  

laugh.gif
@ the Rockets not making the postseason as a blow to Morey.

People thought they'd be one of the worst teams in the league. Even I thought they'd be a bottom dweller.

They've been a .500 ballclub with a 6'6 C and Aaron Brooks for the most part.

Kupchek's best move was not trading Bynum for Kidd, when everybody, including Kobe thought how and why not?

Prtich is a solid GM, as is Mitch.

Presti is what i call a good GM. Morey is another example, and so is Walsh, although i didnt necessarily blame him. You give props to Morey for getting the best out of an expiring old contract, unlike that stupid Ferry who held onto Wally's expiring.

That's it.  Got Odom and Butler in the shaq deal, best he could do. 

Sidenote: You think yall coulda got more for shaq?? .........cuz I do
nerd.gif

Curry has 23 points 14 assists 7 steals and 6 rebounds at the start of the 4th...

I dont care what anyone says dude deserves the ROY

OKC has a got damnit crew to say the least. If they can keep this squad together they will be special for a long time
smh.gif
pimp.gif

No argument at all, Mitch ain't great, he just ain't awful neither.  No other GM's done what he done, so not sure who all these "great" GM's are. 

Pritchard gets love out here like no other, his team/his players can't get out the first round. 

Donnie Walsh has a "plan" it involves giving away players/picks/wins and praying for a mega star to take 100 million dollars from him to play ball and live in New York. 

But Mitch sucks compared to them. 
laugh.gif

*shrugs*  Like I said, middle of the pack, nothing special, nothing terrible.  Just manages as best he can. 
To me that's like saying Derek Fisher is a top pg in the league cause he is on the top team. While I supported the Artest signing that could easily backfire, the Bynum contract as well.  Really the only "good" thing he did, was the Gasol trade which was given to him on a silver platter, I refuse to give him credit for that.

Bynum's extension is good, although a bit pricey. He's a project, and he'll turn out well if he could freaking stay healthy.

Fisher does what's required of him. sure he cant guard an ant to save his life, but all these LA "fans" who want him gone, really arent LA fans. they dont realize how important he is.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The Nuggets signed Brian Butch.
roll.gif

Man, did I hate that dude at Wisconsin.
eek.gif
Never thought I would ever see the name Brian Butch and NBA together
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Apparently dude was the all-star game MVP for the D-League
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

heat with a 9 game winning streak
pimp.gif

Word. I think they got a good shot at knocking down Boston or ATL, real talk.

Anyway, congrats to the Bobcats for locking up their first playoff appearance. I'm definitely going to try to make it to a first round game.

Cuban talking big $%!@ like always lol

dude might regret his words once they face Denver. And you know Melo is gonna catch wind of his comments[as well as Kobe]

not mad at him though, he's a rider for his team always

Did anybody find out what happened to Melo? I was there and we all feared the worst. At the least, he fainted and was unconscious for a few moments but he really looked dead out there, totally unresponsive for a minute. Im'ma try to get these pics up.

When I first walked in, I swear to God JR SMith, Birdman, Balkman, and Petro were making fun of me. I don't know what they were laughing at, but I was at the top of the section because they don't let you walk in during game play and JR pointed my direction, then got BIrdman's attention and eventually the other 2 and they were all looking up in my direction and laughing. I was looking around trying to figure out what else they could be looking at and it was nothing, just me and the usher were standing there.

The Nuggets trainer dude looks even weirder in person

Billups and JR Smith both gave me the cold shoulder half !$$ handpound as they walked past and just like pointed and pretended to dap me up, but at the same time I was on the 4th row which was just slightly out of their reach. Melo, AC (he jumped), Petro, Nene, Birdman, and KMart all gave me a high 5 as they walked by.

Homie decided at the last minute he didn't want to go, wasted a PREMIUM ticket and I couldn't find anybody last minute to buy it so I just chunked it. There was this bummy dude trying to get one free off me, but I didn't want him sitting with me so no. I'll just waste it.

24c5nco.jpg

Thunder girl with negative booty and hips. They all look 12 yrs old like this except for 1 of them

1549d2c.jpg

Found this on the floor when I got there, I didn't do it though

wjh1mc.jpg

This new corny gimmick character they have called Rumble-lina or something. Rumble is the Bison who is our mascot. He is clearly a young dude, always jumping over chairs and running through the crowd doing acrobatic feats, even dunks off the trampoline. But this Rumblina character is supposed to be like his girlfriend, but the person in the suit is apparently like 80 and has like 4 people at all times helping her walk and stand still.

mx22vn.jpg

Where I sat, 113e, 5 rows diagonal to the floor/Nugget's bench. Fans in my section weren't even watching the game most of the time. They were the suddity, business type mostly

Back
Top Bottom