Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Rodney Stuckey in 08, Courtney Lee in 09, I wonder who wins the "Rookie role player in the playoffs that gets overrated award" this season?

roll.gif

Orlando will rid the day they gave up Courtney Lee.
Courtney Lee is a potential Star.
Courtney Lee is a beast and he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year

And C. Lee is about to be a multiple time All-Star.
Lee is a better all around player than John Starks was

i kept saying he's like a next latrell sprewell...

Lee is going to be a star in this league....

Lee reminds me of Brandon Roy Jr
2eaqvt5.jpg

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Big J 33

No doubt Lebron can take an awful team and make them a contender, but if that "great young core" was so good, they'd have more than 3 wins right now.

Yes, I understand they haven't all been healthy and together for the whole season, but why aren't they winning now that everyone is healthy?
Kinda like how the current OKC team who had a "great young core" was in a similar place just a couple years ago right?
Not really. I expected this team to put together more than 3 wins by now and I've been reading about the talent and potential of this teambut haven't seen it.

laugh.gif
@ those quotes. People who never watched the Magic and only saw his performances in the playoffs were amazed with Lee and clearly got out of control. It's easy to look at what he did then claim he can "only get better" but that isn't always the case. He was old for a rookie and I don'tsee many ways his game can really improve. He'll be a role player but he isn't going to ever be a 1st or 2nd option on a team.

I would take lee and hedo over vc now that's for damn sure

lee wil never be a star but I see him having a raja bell type NBA career which ant bad.

AI and TMac should have enough accountability to back out. They know they dont belong there.

They can't just back out tho. This was an issue a couple years ago too with somebody (I think it might be Vince or T-Mac) and Stern said if they are not ontheir team's IL and they've voted in they have to play. Whoever it was ended up being hurt or something...

If they can land the top pick, yeah...they'd have something going then.

but ill wait for that.

We'll find out before then. The Cavs would have to make it to the trade deadline w/o making a deal, leaving them with no ability to add All-Star leveltalent to their squad in the summer or next year. Then, the Nets would have to decide to dump Harris for nothing.

You guys really believe LeBron would spend at least 2 years in that dump before the move?

No. I don't believe either of the above scenarios will play out regardless.

I have to think that LeBron either wants to play for his hometown (Cavs), a franchise with history (Knicks), or a franchise that's located in a great placeto play (Miami).

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Orlando will rid the day they gave up Courtney Lee.
Courtney Lee is a potential Star.
Courtney Lee is a beast and he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year

And C. Lee is about to be a multiple time All-Star.
Lee is a better all around player than John Starks was

i kept saying he's like a next latrell sprewell...

Lee is going to be a star in this league....

Lee reminds me of Brandon Roy Jr

Don't forget... Devin Harris transformed into a legitimate franchise cornerstone last year, too...

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

I would take lee and hedo over vc now that's for damn sure

lee wil never be a star but I see him having a raja bell type NBA career which ant bad.
Word, I completely agree.

And Nowitness, how you feeling about that Devin Harris trade now?
laugh.gif

Mavs are playing great.

Lee will be a very good player in this league. Not a multiple all star or your go to guy on the team... But he still has potential to be a very good player inthis league. I see him being the 2nd or 3rd scorer on a team... Its only his 2nd year so give him time. All his numbers have gone up from last year (with theexception of his fg & 3 point %). He still has a lot of time to grow.

Mo Williams Out Four To Six Weeks

Mo Williams suffered a left shoulder sprain during Tuesday night's game versus Toronto at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland. He was examined by Cavaliers Head Team Physician Dr. Richard Parker and the Cleveland Clinic's Dr. Mark Schickendantz. Williams also received a MRI at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health, the results of which confirmed the sprain. Williams is currently projected to be out for the next four to six weeks.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

They can't just back out tho. This was an issue a couple years ago too with somebody (I think it might be Vince or T-Mac) and Stern said if they are not on their team's IL and they've voted in they have to play. Whoever it was ended up being hurt or something...
It was T-Mac back in 2008 when he didn't want to play in New Orleans.

Courtney will be fine, he's on a struggling team right now, you stick him on the Nets and you see what happens. Doesn't work.

And damn Mo, no all-star game this year.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom