Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Nobody would have went for that because the white two’s started to increase in value before his passing… also people knew they would have a shot on SNKRS and A-Ma is most likely gonna do another release…

Back to showing love to Virgil tho, I wore all the Off-White Nikes I got this week to honor him. Never sold any pairs I got, I always rocked em. Was lucky enough to hit on most pairs I got for retail as well, including the OG Off-White Blazers which was my first W on SNKRS. Here’s a pic of me wearing the Blazers yesterday that one of my homies snapped of me when going to pick up my AMM 1’s.

116B94FE-4943-4FE3-BD78-0566DE57F0D9.jpeg

I’ll prolly take a lil collection pic w/ all my Off-Whites & books/magazines I’ve gotten over the years eventually. Didn’t always love everything Virgil did design wise but was always a huge fan & respected him immensely. Really lost a legend.

Blazers are the best of The Ten to me. I usually don’t have much interest in Blazers, but the Off White ones are one of my favorite shoes. The big swoosh that extends onto the midsole, the stitching holes where the swoosh would normally be, that textured material, the exposed heel. It’s perfection.

Last edited:
Blazers are the best of The Ten to me. I usually don’t have much interest in Blazers, but the Off White ones are one of my favorite shoes. The big swoosh that extends onto the midsole, the stitching home where the swoosh would normally be, that textured material, the exposed heel. It’s perfection.
100% agree. Blazers are one of my fav Nike shoes ever & I was so hype to hit on the OG pair for retail. Also got the Grim Reaper blazers as well.

Probably a long shot but figured I’d throw it out there. I have the A Ma Maniere Jordan 1’s size 12 in hand & was hoping to find someone willing to trade those for the white Off-White 2’s. I know w/ the tragic passing of Virgil the resellers have ruined the market but still figured I’d mention it.
That’s a great trade. Good luck

My two favorite OW kicks, and the two I own. IMO the perfect combo of keeping the kicks true to the originals, yet adding the OW details and aesthetics in a fashion that isn’t too wild. I’m admittedly not the biggest fan of some of the OW stuff, not too big on deconstructed aesthetics and such, but the 5s are absolutely perfect IMO. I’m glad I have them.

My two favorite OW kicks, and the two I own. IMO the perfect combo of keeping the kicks true to the originals, yet adding the OW details and aesthetics in a fashion that isn’t too wild. I’m admittedly not the biggest fan of some of the OW stuff, not too big on deconstructed aesthetics and such, but the 5s are absolutely perfect IMO. I’m glad I have them.
I need a pair of muslins

would offing my bred 4, infrared 6 and cement 3s make sense?

You wylin

If he has multiples then no. If not then yes. I ended up getting the Sails recently. Had the choice of the black pair too. I went with the Sail because most of my sneakers are black. But I get the overall idea of trading 3 classics for one pair of Off White isn't the best idea. Not to mention selling/trading 3 pairs of shoes for one doesn't make sense, in general. This kind of thing is in the moment as I've done it many times over the years.

Last edited:
I need a pair of muslins

would offing my bred 4, infrared 6 and cement 3s make sense?
I personally don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer to this, and ultimately it’s totally a subjective decision.

Prices wise, based on my sz 9 SX prices, you’d be trading like $1300-$1500 worth of pairs for a single pair worth like $1100.

But, the facts I think that we all can agree on in making whatever decision you make is that in the Muslins OW 5s we have a pair collaborated by a now deceased, iconic (some like more than others, but he’s iconic nonetheless) designer, that I wouldn’t be surprised if they never re-release, and due to all these factors are probably going to continue to rise in price, and be harder and harder to obtain/find as well. On the other hand you have the Blk/Red 4s, Infrared 6s, and WC/BC 3s, three iconic J models that have already re-released a bunch of times since their original releases, and there’s no indication that they won’t continue to re-release periodically in perpetuity.

With these facts in mind though, like I said earlier, I don’t think there’s a right or wrong decision to make, just however you feel.

I personally don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer to this, and ultimately it’s totally a subjective decision.

Prices wise, based on my sz 9 SX prices, you’d be trading like $1300-$1500 worth of pairs for a single pair worth like $1100.

But, the facts I think that we all can agree on in making whatever decision you make is that in the Muslins OW 5s we have a pair collaborated by a now deceased, iconic (some like more than others, but he’s iconic nonetheless) designer, that I wouldn’t be surprised if they never re-release, and due to all these factors are probably going to continue to rise in price, and be harder and harder to obtain/find as well. On the other hand you have the Blk/Red 4s, Infrared 6s, and WC/BC 3s, three iconic J models that have already re-released a bunch of times since their original releases, and there’s no indication that they won’t continue to re-release periodically in perpetuity.

With these facts in mind though, like I said earlier, I don’t think there’s a right or wrong decision to make, just however you feel.
Thanks for taking time to reply
My exact thoughts. We are getting the 3s,4s and 6s again

the OW muslin arent coming back out

Back
Top Bottom