Odds are, you paid too much for your HDMI cable, vol. 15 Cent HDMI cables

I bought a cable from monoprice and it's working great with the PS3/cable box.

I bought 3 - 6 ft. HDMI cables from another site for about $5 shipped and they work just as well also.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

ok so i have a panasonic 32'' 720p and just got a panasonic blu ray which they only gave me regular plugs no hdmi.
Is this the reason why it looks exactly the same as a dvd because i see no difference what's so ever i've watch the hangover and up so far...

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

ok so i have a panasonic 32'' 720p and just got a panasonic blu ray which they only gave me regular plugs no hdmi.
Is this the reason why it looks exactly the same as a dvd because i see no difference what's so ever i've watch the hangover and up so far...

Blu-Ray will not look as good on a smaller TV with a lower resolution but whatever.
You also need HD cables for HD picture. You could get HDMI but since your TV isn't 1080p you could also get Composite/Component cables but you should gowith HDMI.

go to monoprice or to amazon

laugh.gif

I clicked on OP's link and the Amazon site stated this... You purchased this item on January 14, 2008

I forgot I ordered this last year and still using it. I see absolutely no difference in quality.

I get mine off overstock.com, paid 7$ for 2 10ft'ers. BUt yea, overstock, eforcity, startech, monoprice, and amazon.com's all for electronics or I justkeep my eyes on slickdeals for when a free shipping comes because shipping sometimes kills the deal

Originally Posted by Doctor Knows Best

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Blu-Ray will not look as good on a smaller TV with a lower resolution but whatever.
You also need HD cables for HD picture. You could get HDMI but since your TV isn't 1080p you could also get Composite/Component cables but you should go with HDMI.

go to monoprice or to amazon

ty! but can someone point me in the right direction for some cheap hdmi's

Worked at an electronics store before...
Monster cables are way over priced, they just give you a life time warranty which is the only plus, but definitely not worth paying so much more over thecompetitors.
We had a store brand that, I, as an employee, could purchase for $5, when we would sell them to the public for $60.

Worked just as good.
HDMI cables are a big scam. By cheap and by plenty if you need.

Good price. I got two free from Direct TV and one from Wal-Mart for $7.00.

Originally Posted by Gash

Good price. I got two free from Direct TV and one from Wal-Mart for $7.00.

if i have comcast and i really ask them for hdmi's will i get them for free?

what do you mean by preHDMI HDTV

I mean an older tv that doesn't have hdmi input but instead has just like vga, dvi, maybe s video, and of course component

Seriously? Thats what this entire post is about

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Seriously? Thats what this entire post is about

calm down I forgot because i was looking in the tv post sheesh people on here can be so rude. But thanks for all the help everyone.

Can someone please explain this to me cause I still haven't figured this out.

I got some Dynex HDMI cables at Best Buy and for some reason it only seems to give me a max refresh rate of 60hz when my TV is 120hz. Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom