Ocean's 8 - Opens June 8, 2018

If you've seen Ocean's 8, how does it rate against the remake trilogy (OG Rat Pack not included)?

• Better than all of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not as good as 11, but better than 12 & 13

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Better than 13, but not as good as 11 or 12

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yeah, this maybe shouldn't have been made....

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Awkwafina is 1 of the very few asian americans doing it this hard right now, huge 2018 for her with 3 movies at least, comedy central scripted series, EP just dropped. And she's a NYC native thats anti gentrification

I’m not supporting anyone with a dumb name like awkwafina.

:evil::evil::evil: id drink their bath water
nah-man.gif

This was def better than 12.

I did not like 12 that much.
Using Julia Roberts is a huge cop out.

This one was fun and that opening Sandra scenes were cool.

My rating are
Skip
Netflix
Moviepass
Buy.

This is a moviepass.

i was pleasantly surprised by this. solid 7.5/10 . i have no complaints at all but can't outright give it a 10. will watch again

saw solo as well. 8/10 . seriously good movie, proper surprises, solid story, good characters. enjoyed it

This was def better than 12.

I did not like 12 that much.
Using Julia Roberts is a huge cop out.

This one was fun and that opening Sandra scenes were cool.

My rating are
Skip
Netflix
Moviepass
Buy.

This is a moviepass.
tenor.gif

better than 12..hmmm ill probably check it out this week

Went and saw using MoviePass... solid movie (6.5/10) ... Sandra in opening scene was Dope and a few good laughs throughout

One of the worst movies I’ve seen in recent time. So sad considering the potential of the cast. Poorly written and under developed. The actors felt restricted and tied by a rope. Horrible script and direction.

One of the worst movies I’ve seen in recent time. So sad considering the potential of the cast. Poorly written and under developed. The actors felt restricted and tied by a rope. Horrible script and direction.
Thanks for watching. I sure as hell wasn't going to.

These money grab remakes aren't fooling me.

Saw it yesterday and thought it was very good. Solid 6/8 for me. A worthy addition to the Ocean's universe. For me the chemistry between the actresses is what sold the movie for me. I will agree that the "heist" itself was too easy, but the secondary heist was actually pretty dope. Being a fan of the music from the previous films I really liked the music from this one. And a couple of tracks from Oceans 13 was used in this one. Might take my moms to see this one. I'll probably add this one to the collection when it comes out on blu ray. Definitely hoping for a sequel of even another trilogy.

So is Danny Ocean dead or nah? I was expecting him to make a cameo at the end of the movie.

i don’t think he is. That kept hinting he is. It would be such a let down to have die off screen like that. I think they will have a huge film with all these guys together.

So is Danny Ocean dead or nah? I was expecting him to make a cameo at the end of the movie.

i don’t think he is. That kept hinting he is. It would be such a let down to have die off screen like that. I think they will have a huge film with all these guys together.

I don't think he's dead either. This movie made a decent amount of money so there will probably be sequels.

Danny aint dead.

In Ocean's 9 at the end Debbie will find some clue that reveals Danny isn't dead and in Ocean's 10, it'll all be revealed how Danny faked his death cuz some guy he stole from came back for revenge (I'm thinking a former underworld mob boss turned multimillionaire, Robert DeNiro).

saw it last night for free. it was okay, glad i didn't pay for it. the infamous "wow" factor of the ocean's movies wasn't cutting it..

"oh we just grabbed more jewelry" so everyone gets paid was just weak..

it could've went all the way back to when sandra bullock popped that guy's button off (maybe something with his art gallery.. etc) but it was a letdown IMO.

4.5 / 8

- Blanchett and Bonham Carter were top notch in this. Blanchett has incredible presence. She was really the perfect casting choice in the Rusty role.
- Hathaway and Paulson could both get it. You know damn well Anne is a freak.
- The heist was too straightforward and needed more tension/conflict.
- They could’ve focused more on interactions between the cast.
- This was a much more enjoyable watch than Solo.

i lost it when they showed Common and Serina being interviewed infront of the Gala
i'm thinking this is a party that only Titans are allowed to attend... then they show Common and Serina lmao!

also, HE ain't dead

I loved 12. It was very elegant and about the scenery moreso thsn snything. Yes the plot was meh and the editing was uggh.

But i liked that the chemistry was so good they didnt care to act much.

Ill waych ocean 8 on hbo maybe or tbs in like 2 years.

I don't remember enough about 11 - 13 to compare, but 8 was an enjoyable movie.

i lost it when they showed Common and Serina being interviewed infront of the Gala
i'm thinking this is a party that only Titans are allowed to attend... then they show Common and Serina lmao!

also, HE ain't dead

Yeah, Serena Williams is only the greatest woman tennis player ever. She hasn't accomplished much at all :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom