Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I'm slowly starting to give up on Melo. I dont like stars that need certain type of players around them in order for the team to succeed.

Last edited:
I'm slowly starting to give up on Melo. I dont like stars that need certain type of players around them in order for the team to succeed.
Like every star in the NBA? 
laugh.gif

Ehhh...that's a bit harsh.

Throughout the history of the league, stars have always needed complimentary players.
Jordan needed Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman to win a second three peat.
Shaq and Kobe won a few titles together.
And I hate to say it but Lebron couldn't do it by himself either.

And who does Melo rely on this current Knicks team? An inconsistent JR, a broken down Amar'e, etc...

It came off wrong. What I meant to say is I dont think Melo can ever win. Like it really doesnt matter who you put around him.

The only two complimentary players I think he can win with are Lebron, Cp3, or Bosh. None of which can realistically happen.

Prime KD/Lebron/Shaq/Jordan could atleast get you past the first round by themselves :smh:

Last edited:
It's obvious some of you don't like Melo. I'd rather y'all just say that. He's the only player that showed up consistently this "season". Felton and JR have both played at far less than professional levels for the majority of this year. These past few games don't erase that. Also the whole notion that these games were so important is ridiculous.
It's an 82 game season where they didn't show heart in countless games. We don't deserve the playoffs and wouldn't get far anyway. This team is a joke. It's obvious that guys like JR don't care about winning.

Last edited:
I like Melo. 100% he's the only one that showed heart this season and came out to play (aside for Amare in the 2nd half).

Me thinking that he will never win one has nothing to do with that though.

Every player that comes to NY always loses some aspect of his game and never produce the same as before.

Been trying to figure what Melo lost.

His numbers been consistent, rebounds are up. Minutes are up... Sure didn't have an Amare type decline....

Then it really sunk in that the clutch gene was lost. In Denver Melo was a dude where you didn't even have to worry if a shot was going down in the clutch. He was automatic.

Since he got here he hasn't put down too many game winning shots. And shots to keep us in the game happen few and far between ...

Not sure what it is. But I blame Dolan

In Denver Melo was a dude where you didn't even have to worry if a shot was going down in the clutch. He was automatic.

Since he got here he hasn't put down too many game winning shots. And shots to keep us in the game happen few and far between ...

I could agree with that

:smh:

The only thing im happy about down this final stretch is Amare has seemed to be getting back to his old self

Give Melo am actual system and competent help that isn't a bunch of dumb chuckers that don't defend before you judge him. Guy has no coach no point guard nothing around him.

Give Melo am actual system and competent help that isn't a bunch of dumb chuckers that don't defend before you judge him. Guy has no coach no point guard nothing around him.
Then how do you explain the teams with George Karl in Denver? He had a coach, point guards, and some better help the front court than what he has now. His game is what it is and his production is the same whether the team does well or bad. HE has to realize that he must change his game if he wants to win. He's 11 years in, how are you going to tell us not to judge him. At this point, he has to reflect and ask himself what he wants to do to get to a championship. I always liked Carmelo but at some point when you see a player running in place, the issue it the player and not what's around him. Gotta stop being a Carmelo apologist and call it for what it is.

Last edited:
melo is a bit selfish at the very least. he's had very limited options with the knicks though, especially this season's team

if everything were perfect (teammates, coach,e tc) he wouldn't have to change his game, but there's very few players in the league who are fortunate to have that kind of support around them

The fact remains he does have to change his game. I personally don't think he will. On paper, when you say X player has another top 5 scorer playing with him, a coach that missed the playoffs in only 3 seasons in his career, played years with a top 10 all time assist PG, then have that PG replaced with one that has already won a ring, and never missed the playoffs, that sounds like more than decent help for a career. I like Carmelo, but he's a #2 with #1 talent.

Ideal team around Melo would be something like...

Rondo/Lowry = defensive pass first PG
THJ
Melo
Bosh/Pau = stretch 4, scoring threat
Tyson

Ideal team around Melo would be something like...

Rondo/Lowry = defensive pass first PG
THJ
Melo
Bosh/Pau = stretch 4, scoring threat
Tyson
Take Lowry out of that equation, he's not a strong enough personality to tell Melo where to be as a PG. There would be friction. Notice when Carmelo has done well, PG's that have won something and sees what it takes. He was under control under Chauncey and Jason. Who were like coaches on the floor. 

Back
Top Bottom