• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
**** Danny Granger.

No reason to add more bums when we aint even start unloading the ones we already have.

This. He took the Knicks out of a deep hole, but they are going back into it.

This is all James Dolan's fault! How do you drive a man like Donnie Walsh away? I get that Donnie wanted to wait on Melo and not give up our entire team, but you needed to make a move like that or else Melo would've went to the Nets.

**** Danny Granger.

No reason to add more bums when we aint even start unloading the ones we already have.

It's not about the Knicks landing Danny Granger, but it's more about Donnie Walsh being able to trade a player who averages 8 ppg for a player who averages almost 18 ppg.

We can't even move Shumpert and Felton for picks :lol:

Last edited:
They definitely did not NEED to make that move. Not for what it cost them on and off the court. And it's not like the Nets would be in a different position outside of where they'd stand in the conference.

Why do you guys care about a damn pick! we werent getting anything good in the 25th to 30th--- OKC is a good team.. not like we are getting a pick from the lakers or something

Because Shump has no role on this team anymore, a pick is a pick, we barely have any.

As much as I would've like a move to be made, I am happy we didn't get fleeced in deal like we usually do.... :smh:

They definitely did not NEED to make that move. Not for what it cost them on and off the court. And it's not like the Nets would be in a different position outside of where they'd stand in the conference.

Yeah, but what would we have done for the last 3-4 years? Amare isn't the same and you really think we would've attracted any sort of talent with Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton?

Like it or not, Melo playing here helped us out a LOT. Signing chandler, using the amnesty on billups, giving JR that huge contract and bringing in Bargs were all mistakes.

I firmly believe if Donnie stayed after Melo came, we would've had CP3 on this team by now. Donnie bounced once he saw where Dolan was headed bringing everything and everyone from CAA to the team.

As much as I would've like a move to be made, I am happy we didn't get fleeced in deal like we usually do....
mean.gif
agreed. team wasn't in any position to influence a deal

that was impossible... we used all our assets on melo so had nothing to trade for cp3.... getting melo through trade instead of free agency made donnie quit because he felt like he couldnt do his job without dolan dictating everything

Donnie bounced once he saw where Dolan was headed bringing everything and everyone from CAA to the team.

I don't wanna go back and forth over a 3 year old trade, you know? :lol:

But, that's a huge reason why it was not the right move. Regardless if any of us think the core would have flourished more and looked good enough over time to draw another big player here or how much Melo has helped us. That deal broke the trust in the front office and lead Donnie out the door. Now look where we are. Almost right back where we were before he took over the reigns. Was it really worth it to undo all of the work Donnie did to dig us out of the hole IT/Dolan put us in? To me, it wasn't. Especially seeing how the Russian runs things in Brooklyn. They'd still be trading for more contracts to put next to Williams/Melo and make them big tax payers this summer. I would have enjoyed watching that happen in Brooklyn.

that was impossible... we used all our assets on melo so had nothing to trade for cp3.... getting melo through trade instead of free agency made donnie quit because he felt like he couldnt do his job without dolan dictating everything

I agree, this was also a major reason as well. Donnie didn't want to give up the entire team and future all for Melo. Donnie also knew he wasn't going to get Melo in the offseason, because Melo would've went to the Nets instead.

I think had Donnie stuck around, CP3 would've signed with us last year instead of resigned with LA.

I don't wanna go back and forth over a 3 year old trade, you know? :lol:

But, that's a huge reason why it was not the right move. Regardless if any of us think the core would have flourished more and looked good enough over time to draw another big player here or how much Melo has helped us. That deal broke the trust in the front office and lead Donnie out the door. Now look where we are. Almost right back where we were before he took over the reigns. Was it really worth it to undo all of the work Donnie did to dig us out of the hole IT/Dolan put us in? To me, it wasn't. Especially seeing how the Russian runs things in Brooklyn. They'd still be trading for more contracts to put next to Williams/Melo and make them big tax payers this summer. I would have enjoyed watching that happen in Brooklyn.

I get what you're saying, but this is totally out of our hands. Dolan is the one who refuses to stay out of basketball operations and firmly believes he can create a winning team. The man is delusional. Just like Jerry Jones :smh:

I get what you're saying, but this is totally out of our hands. Dolan is the one who refuses to stay out of basketball operations and firmly believes he can create a winning team. The man is delusional. Just like Jerry Jones :smh:

This hurts because it's true :frown: we're doomed

well my 1 hope is that we make the playoffs and thats a small chance.... and firing woodson isnt going to help that much so minuswhale keep him for the year and fire him in the summer... i doubt anyone worthy would come here midseason and no i dont believe in herb taking over as coach....i agree hire hollins and i would say to get phil but thats unrealistic same thing with van gundy :smh:

well my 1 hope is that we make the playoffs and thats a small chance.... and firing woodson isnt going to help that much so minuswhale keep him for the year and fire him in the summer... i doubt anyone worthy would come here midseason and no i dont believe in herb taking over as coach....i agree hire hollins and i would say to get phil but thats unrealistic same thing with van gundy :smh:

Van Gundy would be a possibility if Dolan apologized for how he treated him and let go of JVG leaving the team 18 or so games into the season.

I don't like Lionel Holllins. He's the same type of coach as Mike Woodson. Only difference is that Hollins coached a winning team for many years and had way more talent than we do now. Hollins will implore the same type of rotations and have the same lack of offensive creativity as Woodson.

Honestly, we have a roster issue. Not a coaching issue :lol:

Dolan needs to go, GM and management completely needs to change, we need to get under the cap and then bring in a coach that can inspire our guys and implement a winning basketball system/philosophy.

Once a managerial "face-lift" has been done, we need to re-tool the team. Bring in a tough, hard-nosed PG who can consistently hit an open jumper, create for others and control the offense. Then we need to bring in strong perimeter players and tough rebounders to put around Melo. It also helps to have shooters and ball handlers as well.

This is all easy to say, but hard to do :rofl:

Last edited:
Granger is done

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But I think he has enough left to slide right into Shumps starting spot. Also, he is a good wing defender, and he isn't scared of the challenge, you saw him get into Lebron, whereas most guys in the league wanna be buddies with him. I'd like him here.

Back
Top Bottom