Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Noway in hell I'm trading Shump Nd Tyson, we haven't had a dominant center since Ewing why get rid of this guy as far as Shump we need youth on our squad considering we have no picks till 16 and Shump and chandler both play exceptional defense

Chandler is so far away from a dominant center though. Game has changed so much since Ewing era. Bigs are almost meaningless in this league now.

Last edited:
Chandler has sucked this year...he is run down at this point, he doesn't cover the floor as well as he once did defensively and he always had zero value offensively. Shump just needs a change of scenery. I bleam you guys in this thread who compared him to Paul George in the preseason :smh: :lol:

I know I sound like a crazy Knick fan here but I think we really have something special with Tyler. Guys that big and athletic don't grow on trees. He just has had such a crazy path to get to the league but he is really only 22. I think he can be a dominant big in this league if he gets the minutes and the Knicks have a way of stumblin onto these guys off scrap heaps that turn into really good players.

Phoenix wouldn't do it I think but if they say compeititve over the next week, Bledose/Okafor for Chandler/Shump is something I would do in a second. A core moving ahead of Bledsoe/THJR/Tyler is something I could by into.

yeah i'm also a fan of tyler. with proper guidance he can really thrive. knicks have some good, young talent - it just needs to be developed properly. woodson ain't the guy to do it

i think it would be ok to trade chandler. he's helped as much as possible, but we could be better off in the long run with younger, cheaper talent who can grow with the team

Noway in hell I'm trading Shump Nd Tyson, we haven't had a dominant center since Ewing why get rid of this guy as far as Shump we need youth on our squad considering we have no picks till 16 and Shump and chandler both play exceptional defense

You act like anyone would want a declining Chandler and his years remaining, maybe next year but not this season.

Nobody is being moved really, just have to wait it out until after next season.

Was at the game tonight.

Really nice atmosphere.

There were A LOT of Portland fans still in town from the Super Bowl.

And Mike Woodson is a terrible basketball coach.

Woodson, Felton and Shumpert are the core of the Knicks problem.

yeah i'm also a fan of tyler. with proper guidance he can really thrive. knicks have some good, young talent - it just needs to be developed properly. woodson ain't the guy to do it

i think it would be ok to trade chandler. he's helped as much as possible, but we could be better off in the long run with younger, cheaper talent who can grow with the team

Tyler's energy helped cut the lead to single digits in the early 4th quarter.

Coach sn rewarded him by sending him to the bench for the rest of the game. He really knows how to kill a young player's passion.

Last edited:
 I bleam you guys in this thread who compared him to Paul George in the preseason
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Let's not forget Shump received DPOY votes as a perimeter defending rookie and also was on the All-Rookie 1st Team and seemed to finally be getting his rookie bounce back at the end of last season. George also took his game to an MVP level only this season, but last season he averaged 17pts, 8reb, 4ast as a great 2-way player. It looks silly now, but it wasn't too far-fetch'd to say that Shump could have become an SG version of that by the end of the 2014-15 season.

Dude looks lost now though. You can't play a role on offense without doing anything well. Dude needs to get good at something already.

It's obvious that injuries stunted his growth, but imo a newly found social media fame and coolness here in NYC compounded that. Dude admitted his focus wasn't locked into basketball (which imo meant rapping, his image, and yambs.)

Last edited:
Let's not forget Shump received DPOY votes as a perimeter defending rookie and also was on the All-Rookie 1st Team and seemed to finally be getting his rookie bounce back at the end of last season. George also took his game to an MVP level only this season, but last season he averaged 17pts, 8reb, 4ast as a great 2-way player. It looks silly now, but it wasn't too far-fetch'd to say that Shump could have become an SG version of that by the end of the 2014-15 season.

Dude looks lost now though. You can't play a role on offense without doing anything well. Dude needs to get good at something already.

It's obvious that injuries stunted his growth, but imo a newly found social media fame and coolness here in NYC compounded that. Dude admitted his focus wasn't locked into basketball (which imo meant rapping, his image, and yambs.)

Just no.

I do not believe if we were winning yall would want shump gone. Regardless of his stats, sons potential is undeniably high. I believe the WHOLE problem is woodson. Like someone said months before in this thread, he is just a first round (maybe second if your lucky) exit coach. At this point I would rather anybody else. I do not want a trade. I want a new headcoach in NY

Just no.
You don't think Shump ever showed flashes of potentially being a 17 pt, 6 reb, 4 assist player that can play both ends in his prime?

I mean, Lance Stephenson is averaging 14, 7, and 5 this season (16 pts, 9 rebs, and 6 ast in his last 10 games since he's broken out) after just last season being statistically the same as Shumpert in his rookie year.

My argument is that it isn't crazy to think that was plausible, and it wasn't since players do get better, especially athletic young players with legit NBA bodies.

But of course you can reply to my thought out argument with a one-liner which will make you completely right since you do have hindsight on your side.

Last edited:
We have the worst starting PG In the league (Felton) and the worst starting SG/SF in the league (Shump)
I agree with he PG. I disagree with the SHUMP remark
I wouldn't even be surprised if statistically Shump is among the 5 worst starting SGs in the league right now, even with what he brings on defense cuz you know Sn is negating that by benching him when it matters or having him guard the wrong person.

I do not believe if we were winning yall would want shump gone. Regardless of his stats, sons potential is undeniably high. I believe the WHOLE problem is woodson. Like someone said months before in this thread, he is just a first round (maybe second if your lucky) exit coach. At this point I would rather anybody else. I do not want a trade. I want a new headcoach in NY
Only if we were winning because of Shump but we're not winning because of him or winning at all.

Right now I'm down for dumping everybody. I'm only holding out on letting Melo walk cuz him attracting other stars to play here is always an actual possibility. Other than **** it.

I simply think Shump is just not as good as his reputation has him,
He has shown flashes since his major injury but has never really been consistently good for 6-7 games in a row, He has got away with alot more because he is young and has potential but it's at the point now where he really needs to build on it and produce,

I do agree I think he is sidetracked by the lifestyle of being in NY, I like the dude but if a good trade was available id consider it

I still think Shump has All-Star potential in the same way Lance does.

Whether he ever fulfills that potential or not, who knows.

But I'm through waiting on him to develop in NY. It's time to let him go. He's had more that enough opportunities and he's not rising to the occasion.

Either he's given up on this organization or he just can't make it in New York, either way...it's time to get rid of him.

You can't have your starting SG consistently scoring 5 points or less and trying to hide from receiving passes on offense.

I hope he finds his stride wherever he goes but he can't keep dragging our team down with him.

I agree completely that the blame should go on felton, shump and woodson... felton is just not a good pg and we have hope because of the success in his first stint and how he played last year but the reality is hes not that good.... his defense sucks, he turns the ball over, cant make free throws and tries to get his own shot before creating for others mind you hes the pg and nowhere near #1 option....and shump well hes just terrible hes supposed to be our defensive stopper but yet he commits silly fouls and gets into foul trouble early making his only productive thing he brings to the team just useless....too many times he is non existent on the offensive end where sometimes hes scoreless or gets 2 points.... the thing i dont get about shump is his reluctance to get to the basket he was once explosive and used that to his benefit but he just settles for jumpshots all day... and woodson is just a bad coach in general and he is finally getting exposed.... his first year was good when he replaced dantoni and last year went really well but lets face it was just luck.... his defensive strategy just sucks with all the switching and double teams that it creates open shots and mismatches for the opponent... i saw wesley matthews post up and get double teamed why would you double team him out of all people? and his rotations are horrible he just uses the wrong lineup at the wrong time and neglects players that can actually make an impact...

trade the entire roster besides melo for westbrook

then pick up 10 guys from the best rec center in the city and we should be good to go

Chandler is a dominant center? k. bye.

Back
Top Bottom