Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
You gotta balance out whether risking his health or causing fatigue is really worth it.  And in this case, I'm saying I think it absolutely was.  I understand if people feel differently for those reasons, but I'm still blown Woody took him out. 
So Melo scoring 70+ in a game was worth him potentially being out the entire season because we suck this season? REALLY!???

You're not a Knick fan. That's some ****** up priorities.

Last edited:
If the game was closer--Melo would've def been in that game and he could've gotten 70+

But the game wasn't and the smart move was to take him out when they did. You cannot risk injury like that in a washed game. It's a win-win situation for every party--Melo got the record, Woodson looked smart taking him out and the fans got to see him drop 62 and give him a standing ovation.

I'm okay with how it played out.

Last edited:
I don't understand being blown by something so logical. Up 30, already fatigued, record already broken, defense focused on you... I get we're having a **** season, but c'mon son.

Not to beat a dead horse...but this is why I've been so outraged by the cries of "TRADE MELO!" and the endless criticism that he's received since he's been here.

This man is possibly the most talented player in franchise history, certainly top 5, yet a good portion of our fanbase can't appreciate it and even call for him to be traded.

Boggles my mind.

I saw the same thing happen to Ewing and was too young to understand it but now I realize that Knicks fans and the NY media, share almost equal blame with Dolan for our constant futility.

I wasn't the biggest Carmelo fan before he got here but I always knew that he was a great player but after being able to watch him play game in, game out, I can see that he's one of the most talented players in league history and I certainly appreciate that he's on my squad.

Yes he has flaws in his game. Everyone does. But I think if LeBron James wasn't in the game people would appreciate Melo a lot more, instead of constantly subconsciously comparing him to potentially the most talented player basketball has ever seen.

I haven't seen a star player have to do more for his team to be competitive since Kobe wore #8 and Allen Iverson's second best teammate was Eric Snow.

No Carmelo Anthony is not LeBron James.....but he is an elite talent in the history of the game, he is a native Nuyorican, he's currently a New York Knickerbocker and he's giving the city his all.

Appreciate him while he's here and we get to see performances like we did last night...because he won't be here forever and we may never see another player of his caliber, born of this city, in a Knicks uniform in our lifetime.

This, this and all of this.

Knicks fans haven't truly appreciated Melo since Day 1.  What you have is one of the best players in the entire world, and a lot of the fans still haven't backed him up like they should have been.  The lowest point was when people were actually saying that Melo needs to learn how to fit in with Jeremy Lin.  I mean how ******g disrespectful is that?  
sick.gif

The last 3 years, I've seen too many Knicks fans dog on Melo, call him an inferior talent, all while propping up the big time stars on other teams.  

I'm sorry, but Melo is a beast.  You replace him on the seriously challenged Knicks with Paul George (who is apparently a superstar and has surpassed him 
indifferent.gif
) and the Knicks aren't even fighting for a playoff spot.

Instead of harping on his limitations, I hope this type of performance will cause people to rally behind him and finally show some real support.  He is the best player the Knicks have had in 20+ years.  Melo is invested in NY.  He doesn't want to go anywhere.  He wins a ring in NY after 40+year drought...he becomes immortalized in sports history.  He knows that.  He wants to win and he wants to win here.  If only the fans could see that instead of constantly planning to ship him away...

amazing game Mr.Anthony

thank you.

on another note, im seeing rumours on the net that melo may want to go to Chicago next season :frown:

Dude, relax. 

Any time that a player is playing at any point in the game there's a possibility of them getting injured.  It's sports, it happens.  During the game, you use players to win the game, knowing it's always a possibility.  Usually, it should just be about getting the win and getting the right players out once it's  secured.  But there are always special circumstances when this doesn't have to apply. 

Nobody's saying it was worth Melo actually getting injured.  There's no guarantee or even reason to think he had a good chance of that happening.  You're always playing with the odds, just have to determine that playing them is the right thing to do.  And, IN THE CONTEXT OF WHAT WAS GOING ON AND HOW SPECIAL IT WAS FOR SO MANY PEOPLE, it's perfectly reasonable to hope to extend the moment.  Hence most people on this board and that I've talked to wishing Melo would have stayed in.

im glad they took melo out... once he broke the record of kobe and it was already a blowout there was no need for him to be out there.... he has a game on sunday at noon and needs rest.... he already looked fatigued towards the end and wanted out... and at this point i think the bobcats had enough and were starting to double him anyway

Dude, relax. 

Any time that a player is playing at any point in the game there's a possibility of them getting injured.  It's sports, it happens.  During the game, you use players to win the game, knowing it's always a possibility.  Usually, it should just be about getting the win and getting the right players out once it's  secured.  But there are always special circumstances when this doesn't have to apply. 

Nobody's saying it was worth Melo actually getting injured.  There's no guarantee or even reason to think he had a good chance of that happening.  You're always playing with the odds, just have to determine that playing them is the right thing to do.  And, IN THE CONTEXT OF WHAT WAS GOING ON AND HOW SPECIAL IT WAS FOR SO MANY PEOPLE, it's perfectly reasonable to hope to extend the moment.  Hence most people on this board and that I've talked to wishing Melo would have stayed in.
Nah, it wasn't reasonable at all. Just stupid to me.

Saying a player can be injured at any time is an irrelevant excuse. A player getting injured when he doesn't need to be in the game is what's called in to question. Melo could've got injured at tip off or during warm ups. That's not what we're talking about. Special my ***, **** all those ppl that wanted Melo out there for longer. They all a bunch of dumb *****. **** that context too. 70 or 80 points, only 100 would warrant him to still be on the court.

Basically, better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Guess we just feel differently about it.  All that people are ******g dumbasses is extra to me, but if that's how you feel, you're entitled to it.  Logic also seems flawed if the same would be fine for 100, but not more than 62.  Not sure why you feel so hostile about it.  Take it easy, though, not that serious.  

Either way, let's just sit back and be happy that Melo had a career night and we won.  

100 is a NBA record. 70+ is just extending the garden record. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if that record gets beat at some point. He wasn't beating Kobe's 81 with the time left.

100 is damn near untouchable so if a player is that hot and that close, throw all dambs out the arena. You're talking about a special moment for fans I'm saying breaking 100 is making history. There is no comparison.

I'm not hostile at all. I just don't react nicely to stupid **** at times.

It's the same logic if your NFL team is 14-0 and it's a close game in the 4th, you don't rest your guys then. You only do that when it's a blowout.

Last edited:
You deem 100 as worth it, I deem extending 62 worth it.  62 was  history.  Logic is flawed to say all dambs can be thrown out in one situation and not the other, and that anyone who thinks otherwise is ******g stupid.  

You deem 100 as worth it, I deem extending 62 worth it.  62 was history.  Logic is flawed to say all dambs can be thrown out in one situation and not the other, and that anyone who thinks otherwise is ******g stupid.  
I guess you really can't see the difference :lol:

As said elsewhere plenty no names have scored 60+ before. Only 1 dude has scored 100.

Last edited:
one thing i noticed about everytime jordan dropped 60 and over, he went OT all but once and lost 3 out of the 5 games #ballhog ...

:lol:

Who are these no names that scored over 60 in a game??
"This feat has been accomplished 63 times in NBA history. Twenty-one different players have scored 60 or more points in a game. Only four players have scored 60 points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain 32 times, Michael Jordan five times, and Elgin Baylor four times."

No names - David Thompson, Joe Fulks, Tom Chambers, Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas.

The rest of the list is mostly filled with Wilt Chamberlain though.

Last edited:
"This feat has been accomplished 63 times in NBA history. Twenty-one different players have scored 60 or more points in a game. Only four players have scored 60 points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain 32 times, Michael Jordan five times, and Elgin Baylor four times."

No names - David Thompson, Joe Fulks, Tom Chambers, Kobe Bryant, Gilbert Arenas.

The rest of the list is mostly filled with Wilt Chamberlain though.

Wait so Kobe's a no name? :nerd:

:lol: That was a joke. Kobe scored 60+ 5 different times

For the most part I tried to name guys I'm pretty sure aren't gonna be in the HOF. It's why I didn't name AI or T-Mac.

There were games where Kobe could have scored in the 70's or 80's (again) but he was taken out. Most of the time when a player is that hot, his team is leading by 20 plus points. That 81 point game was so rare because Kobe was scoring to win the game since the Raptors were leading up until the 4th quarter, he needed to stay in the game. Happened with Jordan plenty, he always wanted to be taken out the game.

At the end of the day blame the Bobcats for not keeping it close lol. Highlight of the season.

on 2k i traded JR and Felton for Mike Conley and Ed Davis, then shipped out Amar'e, Tyson and Bargs to clear cap space. Wound up winning the Finals as the 7th seed and signing LeBron in the offseason. There's still hope :smokin

Sounds like Beno da gawd was still there pointing to the sky. Son is like 1 year from old Mike Bibby status.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom