Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
i also do have a change of heart and dont want to get rid of shump or even jr for that matter... still got hope for the knickstape :pimp: but theres a reason why im fickle because come on a 9 game losing streak not even dantoni did that... then again he did have a 6 game losing streak 3 times in the same year :smh: and i still want to see if toure murray can play i mean minuswhale since cope played decent last year

murry's gotta start getting some playing time, especially if we keep losing. no reason not to see what he can do out there.

So trade one of the best players in the league for nothing or keep one of the best players in the league and have a good chance of resigning him? I'll easily risk signing him this offseason. NY is still the leading team because its a big market, mad money and his squad.

You think a 30 year old Melo is going to stay if this continues? Dude called our team a laughing stock today. Are you kidding? :lol:

Our market? - Maybe thats the only thing going for us.

Our Money? - Who cares, we don't spend it wisely and there is a cap we can't exceed. Means nothing.

Our Squad? - You're kidding right, our talent is going to convince him to stay? :lol:

Trade him for something, or lose him for nothing. Thats the way it's looking like right now.

Yes

Agreed

He can get the max here. Why leave to lose as Kobe's sidekick? It's better to lose as a Knick alone, ask Ewing.

We have talent. Whether it's working or not, the team is Carmelo's.

I rather roll the dice and see if he stays. I still think he's staying unless this continues, then I would understand him leaving.

murry's gotta start getting some playing time, especially if we keep losing. no reason not to see what he can do out there.
96396894.jpg

I think clearly the Management have been informed that Melo is staying and that is probably why they havent went down the Trading him route,

IF for whatever reason they still don't know what the deal is with Melo then they need to flat out ask him, If he is leaving then got to look at a Trade ASAP,

FWIW I want Melo to stay

^ you're not gonna get anything worth trading him for. It's his last year and he's not signing an extension anywhere. So you would be trading your best player and canceling him coming back next year for nothing. Most likely, he'll be signing here but no one knows.

Stephen A Smith is a moron.

I'm on the "trade Melo" side.

I like Melo. I know he is Top 5 player in this league when he is on, but when the going gets tough he's a little bich. He sits and pouts. He doesn't lead by example. He doesn't lead vocally. He doesn't lead at all. His relationship with the refs is the worst of any superstar I've ever seen. i've come to the conclusion that Melo as you "leader" will not go work. And unfortunately unless he joins a Chris Paul, Lebron, Durant etc. type of player he will have to be "THE GUY" and it won't work. I'm not saying Melo is not a #1 option AT ALL. Cause he is. He's just not the leader you need to win a chip. And what are the odds that a player of CP, Durant, Lebron's caliber will be willing to come to NY after all the bafoonery that has gone on with this organization. We caught a break with Amare and he helped us greatly with drawing attention from Free Agents, but the KNICKS are not looking as shiny and sparkly as we did 3 years ago.

Trade Melo for a future. Whatever it may be, through draft picks, cap space or young talent.

Getting a team to agree to a trade for him is a whole other story, because he probably wont assure any teams that he will stay since he already expressed that he wants to test Free Agency. Which is another flaw in his package. He does not know how to speak to the Media. And this is NY.

Thanks gabe

I posted that melo isn't a leader pages back. Team needs a leader like Jason Kidd and sheed were last year. REAL LEADERS. That know how to run a team and bring everything together and play team basketball to gather a win.
I dunno what kinda trade or move should be made besides somebody TAKING OUT JAMES DOLAN. It starts at the top of the organization

Because this greedy non basketball knowing owner makes the dumbest moves our team is forever doomed. Like seriously how long are we going to keep trading/paying for players based on their name when they're out of their prime or just because they had some kind of history with a certain team.

Chris Paul is also a perennial loser just like Melo , the only difference is that everyone loves him for whatever reason. Melo reminds me of that kid in school who didn't behave any worse than the other kids who liked to clown around its just that teachers and other staff for had it out for his ***.

Chris Paul is also a perennial loser just like Melo , the only difference is that everyone loves him for whatever reason. Melo reminds me of that kid in school who didn't behave any worse than the other kids who liked to clown around its just that teachers and other staff for had it out for his ***.
Man the pass cp gets is unreal. :x

Not only that, dude is a dirty *** player. At least Melo carried a team to the WCF.

Nahh Melos not a leader.

An extremely talented player? Yes. But if he's not hitting potential momentum changing jumpers, he's not leading any team.

A leader would know when it's time to start distributing the rock to get teammates involved to get them to want to play defense.

And please don't come in here with the argument of "they grown men making millions they should do that regardless."

I honestly think at the moment Melo is cool with getting his so he can't be blamed.

To clear some things up, this isn't completely his fault. But he is a part of the problem. His flaws are just magnified in this type of situation. Other franchise guys would be here and we'd still struggle but we would probably have an additional 3 or 4 wins.

It sounds like at times he does try to be that leader (player meeting a few weeks back) but then the game comes and he's not communicating. He isn't pointing out what guys should do in certain situations. He makes mistakes that a younger player would.

He is what he is. I'm sure he wants to win but he doesn't know how or at least he won't take the proper steps.

It's nice to see that I wasn't crazy after all when I said Melo wasn't as great as people made it out to be when he came to the Knicks.

I honestly thought melo would be a good 2nd option to a number 1. The STAT and Melo experiment didn't work :frown:

Last edited:
So where do yall want to send Melo & what do yall want back for him?

But nothing the Knicks we'll prob let him go for practically nothing :smh:

Last edited:
Chris Paul can lead a team tho. He will do WHATEVER it takes to win. He's an ELITE competitor AND DEFINITELY makes players around him better.
Exactly. Not to mention hes still playing in the West. People see that he hasnt made the wcf (while melo made it once) and say hes getting a pass. NAH

Back
Top Bottom