NYC Drivers, i got a question for ya'll

I recently got a ticket for turning right at a no turn zone.
eyes.gif
Cop wroteon the ticket "disobey sign". $120 is the cost, but what i don't understand is:

Included in the total amount for each violation (except equipment) is a mandatory $60 surcharge and $20 fee. Equipment violations include a $30 mandatorysurcharge and $20 fee. The MAXIMUM SURCHARGE for a sinlge incident with multiple violations is $100. (This was on back of the ticket under the costs.)

Now the question is, so instead of paying $120 i gotta pay $200?
ohwell.gif
eek.gif
help me out NT thanks, thanks in advance

if your not going to fight the ticket, i always suggest to people to take care of this in person. it makes things MUCH more easier and safer to you. i get alot of tickets because of my job, so i got lawyers and *++. the worst part about this ticket is that they never state the points your getting. your probablygetting 3. take defensive driving course to reduce.

I also got a similar question.. I got slapped with a Cell Phone violation ticket like two weeks ago and I mailed in my payment ($130) it says Cell PhoneViolation is $130. After reading this post I just checked my ticket ( made a copy) and I realize it also says this:

"Included in the total amount for each violation (except equipment) is a mandatory $60 surcharge and $20 fee. Equipment violations include a $30mandatory surcharge and $20 fee. The MAXIMUM SURCHARGE for a sinlge incident with multiple violations is $100. (This was on back of the ticket under thecosts.)"

So did I pay the right amount or was I suppose to pay $210?!?!?!
eyes.gif
frown.gif

What can I do now?
embarassed.gif

Wow
eyes.gif
So since I only paid the fine and not the surcharge... dont theyjust mail me a letter saying I will need to pay rest or am I screwed?

Call the court thats been assigned to you. They should be able to tell you the total. Or they'll probably send you a letter in the mail with a bail amount.Have you received such a thing yet?

^ Nope. Well I just realized that there was that surcharge just now when I opened this post lol. I think I'll just go to my local DMV and see what todo. Also I dont think I was assigned a court.

go to a dmv that has a hearing room. what borough are you in? you can always go to rector st in downtown nyc. its between greenwich st and west side highway..

"Included in the total amount for each violation (except equipment) is a mandatory $60 surcharge and $20 fee. Equipment violations include a $30 mandatorysurcharge and $20 fee. The MAXIMUM SURCHARGE for a sinlge incident with multiple violations is $100. (This was on back of the ticket under the costs.)"

I read this to say its included in the total on the front... so the ticket was actually 40 and the fees 80

Back
Top Bottom