NYC Car insurance thread

What exactly is considered insurance fraud though?
Many things. People claiming hit and runs that didn't happen, Making claims for pre-existing damage, having some one "steal"your vehicle to get out of payments, Fake vandalism claims. They actually have whole rings of people who stage accidents and work with clinics to pad injuries too. Its pretty in depth. 

wow is it that expensive for insurance at NYC?!?

Im paying $36 a month for liability.. granted im driving a bucket, but still. I'm 23 with no points on my L's either.

Sounds right. You have just become an "adult". You barely have enough driving experience. If you want to drive in NYC with a car insured and registered in your name, then I suggest buying a used car and get the lowest possible coverage. Premiums will not start dropping until you hit the age of 25.
what he said.

Yeah bro your insurance isnt going to go down till after 25. I pay 170 a month for my Jeep and its registered in Downtown Manhattan. What you have to do for now is find a relative out of state or in upstate New York. Until you do that, your insurance is going to be outrageous in NYC till your older than 25.

This is one of da reasons low key why i became such a sneaker

Enthusiast instead of coppin a mean whip, NYC insurance is a joke.

Some of those rates. 
eek.gif

Insurance is the biggest scam in the world. Especially for people who have nothing at all on their record. Zero accidents.

my struggles continue, go another quote from cwico and they seem shady as hell and the gave me a quote of 7,000 a year for partial coverage with all kinds of high deductibles and they wanted 6months in advance smh....

alot of my dominican pals just register their cars outta state, florida, jersey, seen a couple of carolina plates, couple of CT plates, and a couple of MASS plates.

alot of my dominican pals just register their cars outta state, florida, jersey, seen a couple of carolina plates, couple of CT plates, and a couple of MASS plates.

That's an underwriting issue, meaning; the insurance company might not accept/honor a claim involving the vehicle if they discover you lied about where the vehicle is kept. Not saying it's always the issue - but I've seen people avoid the high price of insurance for NY and FL (both most expensive insurance states) by stating the vehicle is being garaged in PA, CT, VA - and end up being ok in the long run.

But know this: your pals are taking the risk of the insurance companies denying a claim if they lie on where the vehicle is being kept.

So take that info and run with it..

That's an underwriting issue, meaning; the insurance company might not accept/honor a claim involving the vehicle if they discover you lied about where the vehicle is kept. Not saying it's always the issue - but I've seen people avoid the high price of insurance for NY and FL (both most expensive insurance states) by stating the vehicle is being garaged in PA, CT, VA - and end up being ok in the long run.
But know this: your pals are taking the risk of the insurance companies denying a claim if they lie on where the vehicle is being kept.
So take that info and run with it..

:nerd: more info or saying your car is garaged in pa?

Back
Top Bottom