Tampa. Bay. Rays.

bingo.

ill take Hellickson and Jennings for Beltran
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
You won't get either.

^jokes my man

i just hope we get something of value if Beltran is gunna beast like this the rest of the way. even if not, something better than the Billy Wagner for Chris Carter deal would be nice.

^jokes my man

i just hope we get something of value if Beltran is gunna beast like this the rest of the way. even if not, something better than the Billy Wagner for Chris Carter deal would be nice.

Good win. Congratulations to Justin Turner for hitting his first major league homerun today.

Good win. Congratulations to Justin Turner for hitting his first major league homerun today.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

^jokes my man

Figured, but you just never know with some Met fans
laugh.gif

The fact that Beltran can't be offered arbitration is gonna hurt his stock, but if dude's hitting and we send him to a team that could afford to keep him around for a few years we could get a pretty decent little haul.

^jokes my man

laugh.gif

The fact that Beltran can't be offered arbitration is gonna hurt his stock, but if dude's hitting and we send him to a team that could afford to keep him around for a few years we could get a pretty decent little haul.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

^jokes my man

laugh.gif

That and his salary.  If the Mets can combine him and a low prospect for a solid prospect, that'd be good.  A team that can use his bat down the stretch, likely an AL team that can DH him.  Otherwise he's gone at the end of the year with nothing in return, the goal would be to get at least something to benefit the Mets.

Beltran's looked really good so far, the concern is whether he'll hold up throughout the season.  Mets should try to move him while his stock is as high as it can be.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

^jokes my man

laugh.gif

That and his salary.  If the Mets can combine him and a low prospect for a solid prospect, that'd be good.  A team that can use his bat down the stretch, likely an AL team that can DH him.  Otherwise he's gone at the end of the year with nothing in return, the goal would be to get at least something to benefit the Mets.

Beltran's looked really good so far, the concern is whether he'll hold up throughout the season.  Mets should try to move him while his stock is as high as it can be.

could be a good fit with Matsui struggling. i could see Cleveland getting involved if something major happens to Sizemore or Hafner which is always possible.

could be a good fit with Matsui struggling. i could see Cleveland getting involved if something major happens to Sizemore or Hafner which is always possible.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You think a team like Oakland would take a shot on Beltran?
If Beltran was arbitration eligible, definitely, that's the kinda move Billy Beane makes every other year. It's still  possible, though, if the A's are in the hunt, and hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him to an extension in the off-season.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You think a team like Oakland would take a shot on Beltran?
If Beltran was arbitration eligible, definitely, that's the kinda move Billy Beane makes every other year. It's still  possible, though, if the A's are in the hunt, and hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him to an extension in the off-season.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Since Turner is 26, do you think he has any future with this team?

Highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. He's been a nice surprise this season as of now.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Since Turner is 26, do you think he has any future with this team?

Highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. He's been a nice surprise this season as of now.

Back
Top Bottom