Nursing Grads.... please help me out!!!!

My girl is currently going with Kaplan College as an LPN. She planned to bridge to RN after she graduates though.

Anyway, her along with many of her classmates DISLIKE the school A LOT!

I was wondering what institute do you guys recommend? I don't know much about Nursing schools but decided to give it a shot at researching. What differences can you guys tell me between Kaplan, Everest and DeVry?

Thanks NT!

My girl is currently going with Kaplan College as an LPN. She planned to bridge to RN after she graduates though.

Anyway, her along with many of her classmates DISLIKE the school A LOT!

I was wondering what institute do you guys recommend? I don't know much about Nursing schools but decided to give it a shot at researching. What differences can you guys tell me between Kaplan, Everest and DeVry?

Thanks NT!

Where do you live first of all? I highly suggest not taking base nursing classes on line. When it comes time to look for work, many places will not take you seriously. Places that hire new grads place heavy emphasis on your clinical experiences and hours, most online schools simply test that you can perform clinical skills rather than gaining contact hours.

Secondly the places you mentioned are very expensive and aren't really respected by employers. it's really not worth it for an LPN salary. I caught some education documentary on Netflix and I think they showed LPN grads from Everest who couldn't find work. It was basically a "BS" program, they had pediatric clinical rotations at a daycare? Are they serious?
laugh.gif

Check out allnurses.com and check out the section for your state, it's a terrific resource.

I would suggest just paying for an 2 year RN diploma program, they usually run 40k tops. Don't waste time and money with the LPN. Bridging over to RN isn't that clear cut, unless you have previous college credits.

Keep in mind there are a lot of for profit schools popping up which are unaccredited. Always verify a school first with your board of nursing.

Where do you live first of all? I highly suggest not taking base nursing classes on line. When it comes time to look for work, many places will not take you seriously. Places that hire new grads place heavy emphasis on your clinical experiences and hours, most online schools simply test that you can perform clinical skills rather than gaining contact hours.

Secondly the places you mentioned are very expensive and aren't really respected by employers. it's really not worth it for an LPN salary. I caught some education documentary on Netflix and I think they showed LPN grads from Everest who couldn't find work. It was basically a "BS" program, they had pediatric clinical rotations at a daycare? Are they serious?
laugh.gif

Check out allnurses.com and check out the section for your state, it's a terrific resource.

I would suggest just paying for an 2 year RN diploma program, they usually run 40k tops. Don't waste time and money with the LPN. Bridging over to RN isn't that clear cut, unless you have previous college credits.

Keep in mind there are a lot of for profit schools popping up which are unaccredited. Always verify a school first with your board of nursing.

Tell her to do a 2 year program at a community college. Chances are that they are affiliated with a nearby hospital for clinicals.

My girl did that and got her Associates in Nursing. She got a job soon after making good money and the hospital she works at is paying for her Bachelors.

Tell her to do a 2 year program at a community college. Chances are that they are affiliated with a nearby hospital for clinicals.

My girl did that and got her Associates in Nursing. She got a job soon after making good money and the hospital she works at is paying for her Bachelors.

Yeah where do you live ^^^bro??...

In NY, Lehman has a great Bridge Nyrsing program which I believe can be completed in just a year, tough as hell!

You also have Westchester Community College, which would be very cheap but also tough to get in and stay in.

Then you have Cochran school of nursing, which is located inside st.johns hospital in Yonkers, so your clinicals would be great and job placement afterwards easier.

Regardless of where you go, once she's board certified it won't matter where she graduated from, the difference will be how much she will owe.

Yeah where do you live ^^^bro??...

In NY, Lehman has a great Bridge Nyrsing program which I believe can be completed in just a year, tough as hell!

You also have Westchester Community College, which would be very cheap but also tough to get in and stay in.

Then you have Cochran school of nursing, which is located inside st.johns hospital in Yonkers, so your clinicals would be great and job placement afterwards easier.

Regardless of where you go, once she's board certified it won't matter where she graduated from, the difference will be how much she will owe.

I am currently trying to get into nursing school up here in Oregon. Paying to go to specialty schools is a waste of time and money. Go to a community college for the 2 year degree. I am hoping to get into Oregon Health Sciences University to get my BSN but if not will go to a community college, which after I get my 2 year degree I am automatically admitted to OHSU for my 3rd year to get my bachelors degree. I can't stress enough that you need to get a Bachelors in Nursing now days. Hospitals up here won't even give you a chance without it. Nursing right now isn't the best choice in fields, alot of crap schools flooding the market with new grads that can't get jobs. Tell her to check out the community colleges in your area and see if they offer any auto enrollments to a school for the final 3rd year to complete the BSN. That is going to put her in the best position to get hired and hospitals are going to like those programs alot more than places like Everest and Kaplan, and best of all, it is going to be cheaper than going to any of those trade type schools.

I am currently trying to get into nursing school up here in Oregon. Paying to go to specialty schools is a waste of time and money. Go to a community college for the 2 year degree. I am hoping to get into Oregon Health Sciences University to get my BSN but if not will go to a community college, which after I get my 2 year degree I am automatically admitted to OHSU for my 3rd year to get my bachelors degree. I can't stress enough that you need to get a Bachelors in Nursing now days. Hospitals up here won't even give you a chance without it. Nursing right now isn't the best choice in fields, alot of crap schools flooding the market with new grads that can't get jobs. Tell her to check out the community colleges in your area and see if they offer any auto enrollments to a school for the final 3rd year to complete the BSN. That is going to put her in the best position to get hired and hospitals are going to like those programs alot more than places like Everest and Kaplan, and best of all, it is going to be cheaper than going to any of those trade type schools.

Originally Posted by jesusinjordans

laugh.gif

Thanks for the info man.

We live in Las Vegas Nevada.

Spoke to a few 4 year schools out here... looks like she may transfer out of Kaplan and go back to Nevada State and get her BSN there.

Originally Posted by jesusinjordans

laugh.gif

Thanks for the info man.

We live in Las Vegas Nevada.

Spoke to a few 4 year schools out here... looks like she may transfer out of Kaplan and go back to Nevada State and get her BSN there.

Cant go wrong with Kaplan............... this coming from the husband of a nurse........ Live in FL

Cant go wrong with Kaplan............... this coming from the husband of a nurse........ Live in FL

Back
Top Bottom