Nubuck Air Jordan XII Re-Retro - Detailed Pics

Just gonna cop a pair, there's no need to go crazy and cop multiples for this release

man I'm at war with myself right now, I LOVE the XII's but I couldn't get a retro back in 03/04 because I was broke. I swore to myself I'dnever pass on another pair of XII's if I didn't already have them and now here's my next chance, BUT I can't help but look at how thin theupper panels are(looks like a flat board, not the thick padded upper on the og's/retro's) and they look paper thin overall(my CDP's at least look alittle thicker), then they don't look BLACK like the original release, but like a deep dark grey substitute...

I still want them, I don't know if I can justify spending $150 + tax on them though, ugh...

Threw this together in photoshop. They actually look decent, even though leather would be alot better. IDK what jb was thinking throwing nubuck on these too?

ff325f8403ec377c50ba1829de98e994d194dc3.pjpg

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

I have my pair already.

For anybody that knows me. My favorite Air Jordan is the XII

Let me say this

QUALITY IS SUSPECT ON THESE

No Comparison: Originals > 2009 Re-Retro
The originals killed my feet, I loved the shoe overall though. I thought the minor tweaks they did to the retro's (first round) helped andmade them a bit lighter and more comfortable. More tolerable to actually hoop in. I wore my french blues out. They lost a bit of their "tank"status, though.

Thanks for your opinion on these. I had the nubucks the first go around and think I'll pass on these.

Hmmmm.....Im on the fence with these shoes
I gotta see what they look like in my hands before I make a decision

judging by the pictures they look realy cheap . i bet the quality is gonna be just like the cdp's ( terrible ) i sold those the day i got them . if any ofyou have og's then you know what im talking about . the leather on these recent retros cant realy even be called leather . i bet if you ask jb what exactlythere made of they would say " sinthetic materials " i brought out my og taxis the other day and was just amazed by how thick the leather is , andhow much texture it realy has compared to these new material . they even still smell like real leather , something i cant say about these new releases . mosthave a wierd cemical smell to them . im gonna pass . the shoe look off in shape and quality . plus baby blue is soooo 90's . who still wears baby blue ???

sdfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
eek.gif

looking cheap even compared to the 1st retro plus release of these....JB should be ashamed.

Originally Posted by blco02

The online release passed the test with flying colors?

It was a disaster.
actually way back then online release was hassle free and i had a very easy time logging in and putting the item on the shopping cart and checkingout unlike nowadays when you can't even get in you account and when you get in can't get the item on the cart or item gets out of stock in minutes, thereleases are getting crazy. i'll try to get one pair of these if i have some extra funds, mine are so beat from playing hoops in

Originally Posted by jepeh21

Originally Posted by blco02

The online release passed the test with flying colors?

It was a disaster.
actually way back then online release was hassle free and i had a very easy time logging in and putting the item on the shopping cart and checking out unlike nowadays when you can't even get in you account and when you get in can't get the item on the cart or item gets out of stock in minutes, the releases are getting crazy. i'll try to get one pair of these if i have some extra funds, mine are so beat from playing hoops in
no, you must not have tried to get them November 24th when they first became "available" online, nobody...NOBODY was able to order andthose lucky few that made it through the process didn't have the order go through, on our end it was horrible.
on J/B's part it was probably fine because they had all those problems and still sold most pairs(some ended up in outlets though so I don't knowexactly how it went, but I heard it went over well/believe it sold out online for what we could buy)

I don't think they sold out the first day that thanksgiving when everything was straightened out, but by then it was too late for me and my grandma who Ihad to have order for me at the time since I didn't have a C.C. had lost trust in the system...
tired.gif

reliving that in my head just swayed the boat to the buy side again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PONRinthisWGM

Threw this together in photoshop. They actually look decent, even though leather would be alot better. IDK what jb was thinking throwing nubuck on these too?

ff325f8403ec377c50ba1829de98e994d194dc3.pjpg

NICE man .. I cant wait to see how they look for reals ... Ill be copping x3 for sure in that Black / Red XII .

Back
Top Bottom