NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

Dominique Wilkins, SF

Old Man River @CP1708 you're up.
It was either him or Clyde for me.

I had a big YouTube sesh watching highlights trying to decide.

So close. Both great.

Nice pick.
That's funny.  It was Allen Iverson or Clyde for me.  Feeling like I made a mistake. 
laugh.gif

Hakeem Olajuwon
Michael Jordan
Bill Russell
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Wilt Chamberlain
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird
Kevin Garnett
Oscar Roberton
Dirk Nowitski
Julius Erving
Patrick Ewing
Scottie Pippen
Jerry West
Moses Malone
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
David Robinson
Charles Barkley
Isiah Thomas
Karl Malone
Chris Paul
Dwanye Wade
Steph Curry
John Havlecik
Jason Kidd

Round 2
Grant Hill
Penny Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard
Gary Payton
Elgin Baylor
Allen Iverson
John Stockton
Rick Barry
Clyde Drexler
George Gervin
Willis Reed
Arvydas Sabonis
Pete Marovich
Reggie Miller
James Harden
Kevin McHale
Dominique Wilkins
Ray Allen

That's funny.  It was Allen Iverson or Clyde for me.  Feeling like I made a mistake. 
laugh.gif
Nah if you are going by singular years, 01 AI is top 10 all-time 
pimp.gif

No chance Drexler could have ever taken that team far in the playoffs.

I couldn't think of 10 NBA players who in their best season I would take over 01 AI. 10 better careers? Definitely. But Idk if 10 different players had a season in which I would take them over Iverson in 01. Idk maybe 10 is a reach, but definitely no more than 20. Dude was on another level that season.

However, I will acknowledge that as amazing as it was watching him carry that Sixers team to the Finals, and I think very few others would have been able to do that, it also helped his game playing on a team in which he was allowed to take all of the shots. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
He wasn't even the best that season, Shaq was. :lol:

Jordan, LeBron, Shaq, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Durant, Malone, Kobe, Barkley, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Wade, Robinson etc etc etc all had multiple seasons better than '01 AI. There've been at least 75 better individual seasons than '01 Iverson.

I don't like how the metrics have devalued what Iverson was. At his peak (01) the league was still heavy isolation and low possession. His shooting numbers were just not going to be good and he had his limitations at his size. But his impact was unquestionable and I think had he come around in this era he could have been even better in more free flowing offense as a lead guard. Nobody ever likes to find a happy medium with Iverson.

Back
Top Bottom