NT'er Wale on the cover of DNR rocking Jordan laser IV

dope
pimp.gif

someone put up links for his other tapes

Originally Posted by StockDead

Originally Posted by yung16

Originally Posted by JohnnyCage202

Originally Posted by yung16

Ive noticed most of the people on here are supporting him cuz he is a NTer and they are from DMV.....I like dude, but im not sure about this DMV thing cuz they only rep NOVA im from NY but lived in Bad Newz and im 1000000 percent sure they dont respect DMV....so instead i think he should claim only DC and Maryland...imo..but dude is nice none the other just not better than Lupe..... and i have also noticed that StockDead is his peoples....
Some people back home actually don't even like him claimin' DC, but it doesn't bother me...

More power to the guy - I just think he should chill with all these fashion magazines, I don't wanna see him get labeled as another "hypebeast" rapper.

He's actually nice.

Yea my man's is from baltimore murdaland and he claims that wale is from maryland im not sure....
grin.gif
[h3]Early years[/h3]
Wale was born to Nigerian parents in Washington, D.C.. He grew up in Building 6000 on Peabody Street in Northwest D.C., and attended seven different high schools in Washington, D.C. and Maryland, finally graduating from Quince Orchard High School in 2002. He went to Robert Morris College and Virginia State University on football scholarships, then Bowie State University but dropped out in 2004 to pursue music full-time. Before music started paying the bills, Wale worked normal day jobs at Sprint, Up Against The Wall and Downtown Locker Room.

yea thats on his wikipedia...like i said im not trying to say where he is from or nothing like that its just the v in dmv is obviously for virginia but badnewz does not support the whole dmv cuz they dont like people from dc especially hampton lol....i like his music....daytona sqaured is one of my favorite songsthat and nobody...i was just saying what a friend told me.....also what is his relation to you?? ive noticed everytime someone says something bad or disagreesyou are there for a rebuttal....

I have some of his tapes on my comp. I like them a lot. Props to dude. And his kick game isnt half bad either!

was he rocking black cement IV's or Black Laser IV's on the URB cover? I remember hearing about it but for some reason I don't think I ever saw thepicture.

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

no hate I just wanna know why hes on the cover of DNR, a fashion trade magazine. Dude doesn't have a label or a brand or a company so what the +!@#

umm i believe he is sponsored by the hundreds.

^Yeah and a bunch of other brands nobody has a clue about. Lupe's not anywhere as good as people make him out to be. He sucks live and Wale's on pointin the studio and performing, if you don't believe it take a listen to his mixtapes and attend a show. Show me where Lupe was in this stage of the game, hewasn't nearly as smart, talented, or even well dressed as Wale is. He's been all over and ain't exploiting this sneaker thing like other peoplehave and will continue to do. That DNR thing was a huge thing for him and for clothing so there shouldn't be hate at all. Alot of brands are beating downthe door to link up with him but he has purposely made sure he's not another Pac Division or Cool Kids (those dudes are in it for sponsors). He's downwith so many people that he doesn't name drop and everybody already knows he's that dude so either realize it or be another band wagon hopper andbesides no matter how good he is there will always be haters.

http://video.nbc10.com/player/?id=212225

Sry for the sidebar

^^its just a mixtape dude nothing more.. even julez makes good mixtapes but his cds sucks im not hating on dude im just sayin dont say hes better den anybodyspecially lupe' cuz dude hasnt droped *%@@ yet.

I specifically said look at Lupe from where Wale is in his career and compare... then look at what Lupe is today and cmon you know he's a herb. I'msorry it's hating but it's honest and no point in arguing because I've seen it all before. Your opinion will change and you'll forget youchanged your mind so fast. Great day

Oh and btw... please don't say it's just mixtapes when we all know they made Mr. "Greatest Rapper Alive" who he is today along with features.Check his...

Originally Posted by babybop2g

I specifically said look at Lupe from where Wale is in his career and compare... then look at what Lupe is today and cmon you know he's a herb. I'm sorry it's hating but it's honest and no point in arguing because I've seen it all before. Your opinion will change and you'll forget you changed your mind so fast. Great day

Oh and btw... please don't say it's just mixtapes when we all know they made Mr. "Greatest Rapper Alive" who he is today along with features. Check his...

ok wale has a great folloeing for a just signed rapper.....but do not forget or if you didnt know jay-z begged lupe to sign to roc a fella...he actuallygave him the rocawear off his back...lol...jay-z didnt even want kanye......

Ok and Wale hasn't been signed at all... don't forget that Jay-Z also wants Wale along with everyone else label wise. Dude didn't want Kanye sothat shows what type of eye for artists he has no matter how much I love Jay as an artist.

no jay doesnt want wale he is feeling him but he doesnt want to sign him.....also wale is signed to allido with mark ronson.....I'm going to say it oncemore the kid is crazy I'm definitely feeling his music but lupe is on another level!

LOL actually he does, and he's signed to Allido through a production deal. Totally nothing to do with distribution... show me where Lupe is on anotherlevel. He's not even comfortable in his own skin, that's why he has to try that much harder to show ya'll he's so much more than what he is.I'm not goin back and forth just stating the obvious, I mean the dude himself said he got back into skating because of another rapper. Then he went out andmade songs about it, he himself said he used to wanna be like Ghostface and actually rhymed like him. He was tryna be a gangster now he's whatever he'sconsidering himself. Just look at him where Wale is now, look at any rapper before and you know for a fact that not many of them were where he is. Lyrics,charisma, stage presence... the list goes on but hey believe what you want, you'll come around eventually. They all usually do...

Alot of brands are beating down the door to link up with him but he has purposely made sure he's not another Pac Division or Cool Kids (those dudes are in it for sponsors).
I don't know B, I don't know.

we gon need to have this convo in person haha. I got to many opinions....

Cmon now, I've heard brands themselves say they hate the fact that all those dudes (namely Pac) want are free clothes. But actually I do wanna talk aboutthat though because that was the first idea I got even talking to any of those dudes for myself. You know them alot better so maybe that's not theirintention.

"To down Lupe is not to up Wale.. and vice versa.. dummies.."

And you're right but I don't get where I'm downing him, just stating the painfully obvious easy on the dummy.

^Like what you're saying doesn't add up though dawg..
You said look where Lupe was in this state of the game compared to Wale..
OK.. Wale is 23 Lupe is 26.. Lupe OWNS FNF.. had released a series of vicious mixtapes,
And If I'm not mistaken was on the verge of releasing his first classic album joe..
I'd say the ambassador has a ways to go, but I'd love to see him get there..
But don't give him something that has yet to be determined..
With that said.. DC , we on the come up.. In a MAJOR way..

You said I'll come around pause I been said I liked wale its just like ol boy said lupe runs his own label.....wale is not there yet.....but he will be....

:sigh:
Just look at him where Wale is now, look at any rapper before and you know for a fact that not many of them were where he is. Lyrics, charisma, stagepresence... the list goes on but hey believe what you want. This is my statement, none of that label stuff matters it's simply logistics whichain't much. I mean Lil Boosie has a label, that's dope but look at what matters. I have nothin else to say regarding it, my statement is true.

^LMAO ok now you really suckin' him young...
Labels DO matter in the end.. because that determines the length of this person's career..
And like I said, he still has a ways to go, so don't grant him anything yet..
Ok he's made you a believer, I'm sure GOD did too, but how long will you be on his bandwagon..
And like I said, I f_ wit Wale hard..NH.. but there's certain things he hasn't done yet for me to be ranking him with certain artist..
Lupe is one of 'em.. and a rack of others of course..

Again, ur going way too far and totally out of line. I said a statement that you're still missing the whole point of obviously. I'm not saying anythingabout a rank just stating where he is compared to where others were and there is no comparison. You're going all over

Back
Top Bottom