NT Workout heads.. what supplements do you take?

TheYoungestGun wrote:

you said it, reading is fundamental...

Timing your protein intake for before and after your workouts heavily impacts your fitness goals...

meaning you should take protein before you work out cause it impacts your fitness goals...timing most of the time 30 minutes to an hour before, otherwise your body will just burn it and not use it while you lift!
Protein doesnt make a difference in your lifts though, so why does it matter if your body burns it or not?

no it doesnt make a difference in your lifts.. that's what nitric oxide does. that allows more bloodflow, more oxygen to your muscles.. but why do you takeyour protein afterwards? to feed your muscles right? you should see your muscles as a living organism.. when you train, you get hungry, thirsty, so do yourmuscles... what do you do, you feed your muscles, so they can grow.. having protein in your system is only better for your muscles, otherwise you will burn notonly the fat but your muscles will decrease in size because there is nothing to burn.. so if you have protein in your system it will only help you, as far asresults, not the way you lift or how heavy you lift

TheYoungestGun wrote:
no it doesnt make a difference in your lifts.. that's what nitric oxide does. that allows more bloodflow, more oxygen to your muscles.. but why do you take your protein afterwards? to feed your muscles right? you should see your muscles as a living organism.. when you train, you get hungry, thirsty, so do your muscles... what do you do, you feed your muscles, so they can grow.. having protein in your system is only better for your muscles, otherwise you will burn not only the fat but your muscles will decrease in size because there is nothing to burn.. so if you have protein in your system it will only help you, as far as results, not the way you lift or how heavy you lift
Yeah I totally agree 100% with what you said. No arguments with that at all

This is where I think the disagreement comes from: Im going by the assumption that people are taking the protein shake before their workout FOR that workout(treating it like a nitrous oxide, etc.)

It's one thing to take a protein shake because your body needs it and it just so happens to be taken before a workout, and its a different story if itstaken because the lifter thinks the protein will help him lift more/have more energy then if he didnt take it.

(Exercise is a difficult topic to discuss through the Internet because theres just sooooo many variables, and theyre often not discussed.)

Just finished animal pak

now:
Size on
On Whey Gold Standard
occasional fish oil(about to run out)

TheYoungestGun wrote:
no it doesnt make a difference in your lifts.. that's what nitric oxide does. that allows more bloodflow, more oxygen to your muscles.. but why do you take your protein afterwards? to feed your muscles right? you should see your muscles as a living organism.. when you train, you get hungry, thirsty, so do your muscles... what do you do, you feed your muscles, so they can grow.. having protein in your system is only better for your muscles, otherwise you will burn not only the fat but your muscles will decrease in size because there is nothing to burn.. so if you have protein in your system it will only help you, as far as results, not the way you lift or how heavy you lift
Yeah I totally agree 100% with what you said. No arguments with that at all

This is where I think the disagreement comes from: Im going by the assumption that people are taking the protein shake before their workout FOR that workout(treating it like a nitrous oxide, etc.)

It's one thing to take a protein shake because your body needs it and it just so happens to be taken before a workout, and its a different story if itstaken because the lifter thinks the protein will help him lift more/have more energy then if he didnt take it.

(Exercise is a difficult topic to discuss through the Internet because theres just sooooo many variables, and theyre often not discussed.)

Leucine. glutamine: it's cheap, and is the most abundant naturally occurring, non-essential amino acid in the human body. Whey Protien: I buy the GNCbrand. Mega Men, and omega 3 fish oil.

Gaspari superpump 250

Glutamine

Opti-men multivitamin

Nature's Best Isopure whey

ON Pro Complex Gainer

Creatine

ON Casein

Omega 3 fish oil

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

it's almost impossible to do both at the same time.. you either slim down and get cut or you lift heavier and get big. cant do both at the same time. besides i heard roids make your testes shrink.

you have no idea how people come into work asking what they can take to get big and lose weight at the same time.

protein before a workout should not bee seen as an enhancer, if your really hungry and about to workout then it would be sensible to drink a shake becauseworking out on an empty stomach isnt good at all, you will not have a good workout whatsoever. protein is best taken either after you workout (within 40minutes of ending) or if its a casein, you should take it right before bed.

Redlne XTreme, but I am immune to it now. It doesn't even do anything to me, evne if I down a full bottle. I gotta go off it (and caffeine in general) fora while so my receptors can recover

Originally Posted by freshpearojeiys

it's almost impossible to do both at the same time.. you either slim down and get cut or you lift heavier and get big. cant do both at the same time. besides i heard roids make your testes shrink.

you have no idea how people come into work asking what they can take to get big and lose weight at the same time.
It's not impossible, though. I've been doing it for 2-3 years slowly. It's hard, but not impossible. It just takes time.

i take whey protein twice a day.. about 50g total

1st: breakfast w/ oatmeal or mixed in milk & cereal.
2nd: post workout.

edit: (somewhat off topic) what are you guys' suggestions for getting "cut"? i've started weight training again for about 3 months now,I'm getting the size, but what i really want is a more athletic look, like a sprinter or something..

my workout plan:
mon: HIIT
tue: legs, stomach
wed: HIIT
thu: back, delts, triceps
fri: rest
sat: stomach
sun: chest, arms

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by freshpearojeiys

It's not impossible, though. I've been doing it for 2-3 years slowly. It's hard, but not impossible. It just takes time.

EXACTLY

You can stay lean and get big

I swear some of you must be working out for BB shows with all this cutting business

^it's different. Casein is a slow digesting protein good when taking it during the night. Whey isolate is fast digesting protein is good right afteryou're workout, and contain less fat than casein. Their is also whey concentrate.

CEL H-Drol
Kilosports Trenadrol
CEL Cycle Assist

and obviously the staples... whey protein, fish oil, weight gainer protein, etc

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

steroids
roll.gif
roll.gif

i was totally waiting for that.

ON Whey
All The Whey Whey
Controlled Labs Green Magnitude (creatine)
Core ABC's (Amino Acid drink for intraworkout)

Supps are mostly a waste of money...

There's some good stuff...

Multi V's, whey/casein proteins, fish oils, flax, melatonin, caffeine.

High end creatines generally aren't worth the money. If you want to get big, work HARD, that's the main component.

Hard work + good diet + rest > any supplement.

Back
Top Bottom