NT Whats a good starter CAMERA? Help ..

I decided to purchase a camara but I really have no Idea to what Im buying ..

I seen a couple of models, but for some reason Im stuch with the Canon EOS Rebel XSi

For $500 it comes with a 18-55 MM IS Lens Kit
For $620 it comes with a EF-S 18-55 Lens

cneosrdxsikitbl.jpg

Can anyone tell me the difference and is it worth it or should I go with another Cam or another Canon EOS XS model?

P.S. is this XSi model the same as a 450D

THANKS

Originally Posted by soleminded

DUB-TEE-EFF is a CAMARA????

go with a nikon d40... ill sell u mine ha
My boy has a nikon D40 and he told me that Canon is better but I really dont know

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Originally Posted by soleminded

DUB-TEE-EFF is a CAMARA????

go with a nikon d40... ill sell u mine ha
My boy has a nikon D40 and he told me that Canon is better but I really dont know

he doesnt know how to take pictures

^^ That's not really helping man ..

Like what are the difference between that D40 and the XSi and why is the D40 in your opinion better?

Also do you know the difference between the lenses?

Sorry for all the questions is that I dont want to buy something that Im not going to like!

Yes, The XSi is the same camera as the 450D. Just different Region names. Its also know as the Kiss X2 in Japan.

If you're a beginner, I'd recommend the Canon Rebel XS kit that comes with the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens.

The kit should cost you around $500-$550 if not less.

The differences between the XSi, and XS are minimal. The XSi has a larger LCD at 3.0inches compared to the XS 2.5inches. Not a big deal since they both use thesame resolution, so you're not loosing detail with the smaller LCD. The XSi also has spot metering (dont worry about this since your learning), a bitbetter build quality, and 2 more megapixels on the XSi.

I would say, get the XS and save about $100. with that $100 grab yourself a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens and you'll be set for a while.

Thanks for your help mang ..

So you think getting the Canon XS will be bteer than getting the Nikon D40?

I know the EF-S 18-55MM is the higher quality standar lense offer with a kit like this, so whats the 50MM F lense you recommended? How about the flash?

i was wonderin the same thing, whats better the 6.1 Nikon or the 10.0 Canon. Thats a big difference IMO!

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

i was wonderin the same thing, whats better the 6.1 Nikon or the 10.0 Canon. Thats a big difference IMO!
Are you going to be printing large poster sized pictures?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Are you going to be printing large poster sized pictures?

Nope not at all ..

Back
Top Bottom