NT:What Is The Valley?

I don't live in the U.S.A as most of you know... but everytime I watch a T.V show like Entourage or Fresh prince etc..and I hear them talk about The Valleylike it's hell..where exactly is it and why do people hate it... mutant soccer moms?interracial speed dating?

It's a section of los angeles to the north. It's pretty affluent. I don't get the impression here that people hate it. It's just very safe andfamily-friendly.

girls from the valley
pimp.gif

The valley is hell.
It's hot as hell.
That's where the "valley girl" comes from with the "Oh My God! No Way! Whatever!"

It's just a horrible place.
The South Bay is where it's at.

A Valley can be anywhere just so you guys know.

I live in a valley but live in PA.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

It's a section of los angeles to the north. It's pretty affluent. I don't get the impression here that people hate it. It's just very safe and family-friendly.

i dont know about being very safe, i work in the valley (north hollywood), and my coworkers cars have either been broken into or stolen. There was also ashooting in the parking lot where someone was killed. This has happened all within a month.

It's referred too as bad in Entourage and The Fresh Prince because it is sub par compared to Bel Air, Hollywood, and the West Side of Los Angeles. LA issplit up into 4 parts: Westside, Valley, South Bay, and East LA. The Valley is far from the glitz + affluent towns (w/ a few exceptions) thus everyone wholives on the West Side thinks it would be like living in hell to live their. It's like living in Manhattan vs Brooklyn.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

The valley is hell.
It's hot as hell.
That's where the "valley girl" comes from with the "Oh My God! No Way! Whatever!"

really though? i lived here before college, and every time i visit i just can't wait to leave

*edit*
nvm, i was thinking south bay area..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

The valley is hell.
It's hot as hell.

really though? i lived here before college, and every time i visit i just can't wait to leave

*edit*
ohwell.gif
Yea..Not that south bay. lol..

Originally Posted by The Prince of LA

It's referred too as bad in Entourage and The Fresh Prince because it is sub par compared to Bel Air, Hollywood, and the West Side of Los Angeles. LA is split up into 4 parts: Westside, Valley, South Bay, and East LA. The Valley is far from the glitz + affluent towns (w/ a few exceptions) thus everyone who lives on the West Side thinks it would be like living in hell to live their. It's like living in Manhattan vs Brooklyn.
That's not the best analogy, because unlike Brooklyn, the Valley is pretty well-to-do. It's just that Bel Air and the West Side are on adifferent level.

Glendale is the Valley?

I always thought they were talking about the cities around Riverside and all that. Where its hella hot.

Good to know.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

The valley is hell.
It's hot as hell.

*edit*
ohwell.gif
Yea..Not that south bay. lol..
South Bay 310 ftw
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom