NT What did you get for christmas??? PYP (Post your Presents) =D

Originally Posted by ar916

recession, so I didn't celebrate it this year

laugh.gif

that Concord debacle,
this post
Best Buy cant fill orders

That Recession talk is sooooooooooooooooooooo 2009.......

Originally Posted by madj55

This isn't a personal gift but I thought this picture was pretty awesome.
tumblr_lwqfu27Nw51r0s08lo1_1280.png

All this kid asked for was for his dad to return home for Christmas and you can obviously see what happens from there. 
pimp.gif

Welp...that's not his dad.

Skyrim for Xbox 360, $25 from sister, 2 Chuck taylor shoes from mom...Oh and my kanye inspired gifts from my secret santa
pimp.gif

Can someone clear this up for me; we've never done stockings as a tradition in my household - what exactly is supposed to go in them?

I know stores sell "stocking stuffers" but is the general idea supposed to be that they're totally separate mini gifts or are they supposed to be related to what's under the tree? Like; if I get you a pair of Jordans for Christmas is there supposed to be a new pair of socks in your stocking or what?

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Can someone clear this up for me; we've never done stockings as a tradition in my household - what exactly is supposed to go in them?

I know stores sell "stocking stuffers" but is the general idea supposed to be that they're totally separate mini gifts or are they supposed to be related to what's under the tree? Like; if I get you a pair of Jordans for Christmas is there supposed to be a new pair of socks in your stocking or what?
Basically a stocking is supposed to be an "appetizer" for what's under the tree. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to big gifts, but if done subtly I guess it's a good idea i.e. don't want to put BMW keys in the stocking cause that's obviously a dead giveaway
laugh.gif

Examples of stocking stuffers: scratch tickets, deodorant, socks, undies, candy, stationary, maybe a DVD or CD, etc.

It could be either. In my family it's gone both ways. I remember when my parents were buying us remote control cars or nerf guns or something there would probably be batteries or nerf bullets in our stockings. Or it could just be something different, something small, maybe a new video game when they were like 20 bucks for like ps. I do always remember my mom throwing in a tooth brush though :/

$100 Gift card
Lap top
North Face coat
2 pair of shoes
scarf
slipper
Bears and Raiders pillow pets
4 shirts
and a few other smaller things.

I have amazing friends and family

Originally Posted by MattUT

It could be either. In my family it's gone both ways. I remember when my parents were buying us remote control cars or nerf guns or something there would probably be batteries or nerf bullets in our stockings. Or it could just be something different, something small, maybe a new video game when they were like 20 bucks for like ps. I do always remember my mom throwing in a tooth brush though :/

For kids I always do candyFor adults I put random things they'd use, making sure not to spend more than 15-20 , things like batteries, toothpaste, post its, tape, a little mcdonalds gift card, coffee cup. Stuff like that

I got some sperry's, northface jacket, couple colognes, keurig machine, nothing ground breaking...

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

just $150 (goin to rent) and a gift card

Don't you hate that.
I feel like telling my landlord "come at me bro" cause you ain't getting this money 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom