NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Its ok. Cant complain for $6

Basically candy watermelon with salt added lol. Enjoyed it.

Last edited:

This stuff is really good. So balanced and I love the subtle flavor the barrel imparts. Becomes more sour as you drink it. Finishes clean and dry.

Last edited:
Back in NY for Memorial Day, my mom saved a 4 pack from the last release a couple months back. Still tasting great.

Stopped by Total Wine today....

Puff has to be one of my fav beers right now...that master blenders is good too...haven't tried born yesterday yet

Last edited:
Stopped by Total Wine today....

Puff has to be one of my fav beers right now...that master blenders is good too...haven't tried born yesterday yet
Born Yesterday>>>>>>>Puff.  That's just me though.

Slept in, but still made it out to Other Half today.  Pretty much got there at the perfect time.  Was only in line for about 15 minutes and was able to get every can.  I think I prefer their non-hyped releases at this point for that reason. 

Anywho...onto the new one:

Other Half x Transmitter Crystal Waves.  A pilsner hopped with Mandarina Bavaria, Motueka, Saphir, and Saaz.  From appearance alone you can tell this isn't the usual Other Half fare. It has a marginal haze, but this is mostly clear in the glass.  Also way more true to style than their previous pilsner collab with Creature Comforts. That one was somewhere between IPA and hoppy pilsner, whereas this one is somewhere between hoppy pilsner and traditional pilsner.  Definitely won't be the stereotypical Other Half fanboy's cup of tea, but I'm liking the change of pace.  There's something to be said about light/crisp beers that are flavorful.  This is gonna be a great crusher for the warmer months.  This has me looking forward to pounding Boogie Board Stuntz cans and breaking out my smoker this summer. 

Actually stood in line for Monkish cans the other day.
Jean Hands - pale ale collab with Other Hands for their anniversary.
Swap Meets - DIPA w/Nelson, Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy

Super late to the party. Lagunitas Born Again yesterday is frickin LEGIT. Bottled nearly 2 months ago, it barely hit my area just 1-2 weeks ago.

It has this spicy sort of hop flavor and aroma that some dont love. But I do. Same exact sort of flavor as the original Born Yesterday '16. More than anything citrus all around. I shared a 12 pack with a buddy. Thats my idea of a slowdown I guess lol.

Local brewery, La Cumbre released a 7% 70 IBU Citra Smash IPA a week or two back.. It ended up being super super juicy. It beat out their NE IPA attempt, and many other IPAs. Absolute zero hype associated with that one. They even had cheap growler fills

Anymore, I'm on a super decline as noted before. Holidays and graduation parties make it tough so this is sort of a cheat weekend. More than anything, hot weather= water. No beer quenches my thirst, even the light lagers.

It's my cities "beer week" this weekend and into next week. Big beerfest (more of a distributor run sampling event) today; not going. I went to their first and second. They are now into their 6th or 7th year. No desire to go to any the 50+ events. Proud of myself lol

Last edited:
Anyone have Anderson Valleys BBA Salted Caramel Porter?. A buddy brought one over to a party the other day and I got a sample.. Tasted visibly tart/sour.... IMHO, no doubt infected. As a 6% Porter, I read that it should be somewhat sweet. But this one was tart most of the way through. Kind of sad to be honest

Does anyone know the release schedule for it? I tried looking at the bottle and saw no indications of any julian dating. I was trying to enjoy myself so I just let it slide. There is no doubt that bottle shops around here hold onto stuff FOREVER. So it easily couldve been from 2-4 years back or longer.

Last edited:
They have a beer named "sentence begins indented" and have been playing nas among other nyc artists :pimp:
Should've hit me up. I'm 10 minutes away.
Monkish is known for their Pandora hip hop playlists. All of their NE IPA''s are named after hip hop lyrics.
Smog City is right around the corner. Did you hit them up?

DogFishHead has a SeaQuench "Gose style" Ale that was recently featured in a mens health article on the most thirst quenching/lower calorie beers around. It was "#1". Upon their recommendation, I did pick some up, and its definitely within the gose style realm with a lot of lime like flavors with a slightly tart/salty flavor. It feels a bit more muted than other GOSES but its not bad.. Price point around me is nearly the same as their IPA. So it makes it very hard to buy a "thirst" quenching product that happens to be quite a bit more than the others.. I would almost always rather drink the others, but in fewer quantities, hence the session aspect lol

For comparison sake, a 4.9% session gose is $10.99 sixer. Its definitely session frieindly but within a couple hours, you want more... Yet a $8.99/sixer IPA will last the whole entire night.

The session concept is a weird one, at that, constructed by someone to try and make claim at something.. I dont exactly buy it.

At the end of the night, Im almost spending double to drink the same amount of a session product, as say a IPA. It's pretty much why I never bought into the session IPA craze.. Just buy your normal ipas and drink less of them and SAVE money. But too many calorie count or whatever, yet drink 20 MGD 64s lol Beer marketeers arent stupid

Last edited:
Who does trades in here...? I'm damn tired of missing out on these ne style ipas. Texas still quite hasn't got it down to push cans out consistently.

-hoof hearted key bump was the bomb, one of the better beers i have had from them
-evil twin omnipollo lemonade is exactly as advertised, lots of lemon and a little sour
-the veil we ded mon is up there with key bump, heavy scent and great flavor
-westbrook key lime pie, exactly as it sounds, great brew but not my style to want more than one of
-aslin how now brown cow maple bacon coffee - lots of maple, love this beer, lots of flavor and body for 6%
-aslin johan the mango theif. the johan series reminds of tired hands shakes, this one is better than the broat one but not peach
-tree house eureka galaxy, really enjoy this change of beer from tree house, blond ale that has a lot more going on than their -usual brews
-sole turbo nerd and simcoe nerd, cuveed them which was a mess, the nerd series from sole is always nice but not really exciting, gonna try over 9000 next
-monkish the realness, good but monkish has not been living up to the hype for me, maybe im too spoiled with the great ipas on the north east, doesnt seem monkish has much competition out west so the hype goes up
-Sand city Radical one, this was better done than the monkish, much more refined flavor and feel
-Veil Hornswaggle oreo bourbon peanut butter, kind of gross, like someone put too much powder in the nesquik
-Other half riwaka, people were saying it has a unique spice but im not getting anything distinct, just another good other half beer
-Other half ddh daydream in green, i loved the original version, this is the first ddh brew i liked less than the non version, pretty boozy and thin
-Hoof hearted and answer collab kokomo drift, didnt realize this was a collab until i saw the answer logo, this was fantastic,
-hoof hearted has been on a roll
-veil and monkish collab in sink, quadruple dry hopped and it tastes like it, very strong sharp flavor
-veil forever sleeping, super thick and syrupy, very flavorful but i had to take a break while drinking it, too heavy
-feildwork hazy train, not very hazy for a beer called hazy train, pretty disappointing, im convinced the cali people will hype up any mediocre beer to trade
-aslin johann and the giant peach, best of the johann series, the peach and vanilla mix great to make a smooth peaches and cream flavor, great feel to the beer, really rich
-monkish se acabo, enjoyed this way more than the realness, great brew, still not super impressed but I have foggy window and some growlers to get to (sentence begins indented is one of them) so maybe i will get convinced

Last edited:
They have a beer named "sentence begins indented" and have been playing nas among other nyc artists :pimp:
Should've hit me up. I'm 10 minutes away.
Monkish is known for their Pandora hip hop playlists. All of their NE IPA''s are named after hip hop lyrics.
Smog City is right around the corner. Did you hit them up?

Oh, had no clue about the hip hop lyrics thing. I'll hit you up next time I'm there for sure. Had to run off after 2 pours to make it to the Greek Theater.

Didn't get to make it to Smog City unfortunately. Might have to head that way another time when I'm not in a rush.

-feildwork hazy train, not very hazy for a beer called hazy train, pretty disappointing, im convinced the cali people will hype up any mediocre beer to trade

Hazy Train is an ok beer from Fieldwork. Not sure who's been hyping it up. If you get a chance, try Pulp from them. Best Fieldwork beer imo.

Hazy Train is an ok beer from Fieldwork. Not sure who's been hyping it up. If you get a chance, try Pulp from them. Best Fieldwork beer imo.

Also had tiger upper cuts, which was pretty weak, been wanting to try their stouts

I was being harsh on cali, I forgot about pure project, they know what they are doing, mumford is cool but I had a few duds from them and now I am always skeptical with their stuff

Last edited:
Also had tiger upper cuts, which was pretty weak, been wanting to try their stouts

I was being harsh on cali, I forgot about pure project, they know what they are doing, mumford is cool but I had a few duds from them and now I am always skeptical with their stuff

I agree, Tiger Uppercut wasn't that great either. Looks like someone sent you mediocre beers :lol:. I have a few stouts from them. Hit me up if you're interested :D

Sipping on this tonight. Reminds me of Cutting Tiles from Trillium. Solid brew!

anyone see the SN Beer Camp 12 packs yet?

should be out now
Haven't seen any bottle shops post anything yet, but based off of my previous experiences with the Beer Camp packs it's on the "do not purchase list."  

Speaking of bottle shops: haven't been to one in about two months now.  Between Sand City and Other Half releases I've been set on beer.  I'll occasionally look out for a Grimm posting, but even then I won't go too far out of my way to get some.  

Back
Top Bottom