NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

2u4ts8x.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by CWrite78

if you want a good tasting budlight, get bud light wheat. surprisingly good.

my dude girl ikari put me on to it
pimp.gif
but srs. you know you like that hitochino white ale when you want something refreshing and light.
in terms of craft - it doesn't get better than rogue's hazelnut brown nectar to me.

readily available - sierra nevada.

hitochino is DOPE.

but way too expensive to be drinking it every weekend lol.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by CWrite78

if you want a good tasting budlight, get bud light wheat. surprisingly good.

my dude girl ikari put me on to it
pimp.gif
but srs. you know you like that hitochino white ale when you want something refreshing and light.
in terms of craft - it doesn't get better than rogue's hazelnut brown nectar to me.

readily available - sierra nevada.

hitochino is DOPE.

but way too expensive to be drinking it every weekend lol.

this thread hasnt been updated in awhile.

I was at a smaller beer fest a few weeks ago, About 30 or so local breweries with a few outsiders... $25 bucks early admittance fee.. Best time of my life right there. I cant even remember the stuff that I liked. I definitely got my moneys worth on draft and bottled beers.. It's too bad it had to end at 6pm.

Victoria beer has recently been on sale at my local Sams Club. What used to cost about $27 dollars a case just weeks before, was recently dropped to just $18 a case around Cinco De Mayo. I have not been back to check the recent price. I thought it was overpriced at 27/ a case but $18 is right up my alley/ Some local places are trying to sell it at $8.50/ a six pack. Does anyone know if there is a website that has local beer prices all written up? The markup at some places compared to others is crazy. It makes driving around town definitely worth your time to save $2-3 bucks a case.

Shiner has a new Ruby Redbird beer that has a unique taste. It's their summer seasonal beer.

Does anyone ever check out beeradvocate.com or other beer review websites? What do you think about beers you like that the consensus says that it actually sucks?? I have a few that I like that have bad grades. So with that said, I cant trust any website at all for reviews on good or bad beers. I truly have to taste test everything to get a true idea of what I am tasting. I cant be the only one.

this thread hasnt been updated in awhile.

I was at a smaller beer fest a few weeks ago, About 30 or so local breweries with a few outsiders... $25 bucks early admittance fee.. Best time of my life right there. I cant even remember the stuff that I liked. I definitely got my moneys worth on draft and bottled beers.. It's too bad it had to end at 6pm.

Victoria beer has recently been on sale at my local Sams Club. What used to cost about $27 dollars a case just weeks before, was recently dropped to just $18 a case around Cinco De Mayo. I have not been back to check the recent price. I thought it was overpriced at 27/ a case but $18 is right up my alley/ Some local places are trying to sell it at $8.50/ a six pack. Does anyone know if there is a website that has local beer prices all written up? The markup at some places compared to others is crazy. It makes driving around town definitely worth your time to save $2-3 bucks a case.

Shiner has a new Ruby Redbird beer that has a unique taste. It's their summer seasonal beer.

Does anyone ever check out beeradvocate.com or other beer review websites? What do you think about beers you like that the consensus says that it actually sucks?? I have a few that I like that have bad grades. So with that said, I cant trust any website at all for reviews on good or bad beers. I truly have to taste test everything to get a true idea of what I am tasting. I cant be the only one.

Most recently:

bottleapricottale.png

Review: well brewed, exactly as advertised, light n fresh apricot taste, with an unfiltered kick, although it is not exactly what I'd go for when wanting to down one.

Most recently:

bottleapricottale.png

Review: well brewed, exactly as advertised, light n fresh apricot taste, with an unfiltered kick, although it is not exactly what I'd go for when wanting to down one.

Anyone getting into any special kegs for American Craft Beer Week? My local craft bar is getting in a TON of stuff next week with each day basically outdoing the last. They're getting a cask of Dad's Little Helper Black IPA that they're tapping next weekend, I'm going to try to make it out at least once or twice in the week.

As for what I normally drink my session beer is normally Nola Brown (although the bar I drink at most often removed it for the Irish Channel Stout) I try to drink local as often as possible, but I'll give just about any beer a fair shake.
here's a list of what the bar is getting through the week with a few special surprises supposedly missing from the list.

1. Dieu Du Ciel! Equinoxe du Printemps (draft exclusive to the Pub)
  2. Dieu Du Ciel! La Rescousse (draft exclusive to the Pub)
  3. Dieu Du Ciel! Aphrodite (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli)
  4. Dieu Du Ciel! Péché Mortel ( draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli)
  5. St. Somewhere Saison Athene (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  6. St Somewhere Lectio Divina (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  7. Stone/Green Flash Hwy 78 Scotch Ale (draft exclusive at the Barley Oak & the Pub)
  8. Stone Sublimely Self Righteous (draft at the Pub, bottles at Stein’s, Rouses, whole Food)
  9. Stone Vintage Double Bastard (cellared keg exclusive to the Pub)
  10. Saint Arnold’s Summer Pilsner
  11. Saint Arnold’s Divine Reserve (draft at The Pub, Barley Oak & Bulldog Baton Rouge, bottles at Stein’s, Cork & Bottle & Aquistapace)
  12. Brooklyn Cuvee Noire (cellared kegs exclusive to the Pub)
  13. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (cellared kegs exclusive to the Pub)
  14. Unibroue Raftman Scotch Beer On Lees (new on Draft in the US, no bottles in the US)
  15. Monks Belgian Wit, Abbey of Christ in the Desert
  16. Unibroue Blanche de Chambly Belgian Wit
  17. Rogue Capt. Sig’s Northwestern Deadliest Ale (exclusive to the Pub, bottles at Rouses)
  18. Rogue Shakespeare Stout on Nitro (exclusive to the Pub)
  19. He’brew
  20. NOLA Brewing Single Hop Series (4 beers – Mt. Hood, Centennial, Cascade, & Amarillo; ACBW only)
  21. NOLA Brewing Flambeau Red Ale
  22. NOLA Brewing Hopitoulas
  23. Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere (draft exclusive to the Pub, bottles at Stein’s & Cork & Bottle)
  24. Sierra Nevada Ovila (cellared kegs from special release, no where else on draft, bottles at Stein’s)
  25. Lazy Magnolia Southern Gentleman (Jack Daniels Barrel Aged Pecan Ale) (the Pub, Barley Oak, Bulldog Midcity, draft only)
  26. Lazy Magnolia Jefferson Stout
  27. Covington Pilsner
  28. Abita Reserve Imperial IPA (Draft only pub, Bulldog locations, Barley Oak, Chimes, etc.)
  29. Abita Double Dry Hopped Satsuma Wit (ACBW draft only)
  30. Harpoon Leviathan Series Quad (cellared draft exclusive to the Pub)
  31. Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Oyster Stout (draft only the Pub & Barley Oak )
  32. Northcoast la Merle Saison (bottles at Stein’s Deli, Rouses, Cork & Bottle)
  33. Northcoast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout on Nitro
  34. Moylan’s Pomegranite Wheat special release (ACBW only)
  35. Moylan’s ESB on Nitro (Draft only pub, Barley Oak)
  36. Saint Arnold Weedwacker (draft exclusive to the Pub, ACBW only)
  37. Tin Roof Perfect 10 Amber
  38. Brooklyn Summer Ale (bottles common, draft Pub, Bulldog Baton Rouge, Barley Oak)
  39. Brooklyn Lager
  40. Northcoast Brother Thelonius Abbey Ale (bottles common, draft at the Pub)
  41. Coney Island White Albino Python
  42. Abita Root Beer
  43. Bayou Teche La 31
  44. Bayou Teche Triple Passion Fruit Infused Grenade (Draft only ACBW Pub)
  45. Bayou Teche Grenade
  46. Bayou Teche Bouchanee (draft at Squeal BBQ)
  47. Laughing Skull, Red Brick Brewery Amber Ale (bottles common, draft at the Pub, Bulldog)
  48. Bear Republic Racer 5 (Pub, DBA, Rendon Inn)
  49. Rogue Orange Honey Wheat
Casks
  • Brooklyn Blast Imperial IPA (normally draft only, pub exclusive)
  • Rogue unannounced
  • NOLA Blueberry Wheat
Bottle List for tasting at Avenue Pub:
  • Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Jolly Pumpkin iO Saison (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Brooklyn Black Ops Stout (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub )
  • Brooklyn Sorachi Ace Saison (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub & Stein’s Deli )
  • Brooklyn Local One (commonly available)
  • Brooklyn Local 2 (Stein’s Deli, Cork & Bottle, Rouses, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Northcoast Old Rasputin XI (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub)

Anyone getting into any special kegs for American Craft Beer Week? My local craft bar is getting in a TON of stuff next week with each day basically outdoing the last. They're getting a cask of Dad's Little Helper Black IPA that they're tapping next weekend, I'm going to try to make it out at least once or twice in the week.

As for what I normally drink my session beer is normally Nola Brown (although the bar I drink at most often removed it for the Irish Channel Stout) I try to drink local as often as possible, but I'll give just about any beer a fair shake.
here's a list of what the bar is getting through the week with a few special surprises supposedly missing from the list.

1. Dieu Du Ciel! Equinoxe du Printemps (draft exclusive to the Pub)
  2. Dieu Du Ciel! La Rescousse (draft exclusive to the Pub)
  3. Dieu Du Ciel! Aphrodite (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli)
  4. Dieu Du Ciel! Péché Mortel ( draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli)
  5. St. Somewhere Saison Athene (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  6. St Somewhere Lectio Divina (draft exclusive to the Pub bottles at Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  7. Stone/Green Flash Hwy 78 Scotch Ale (draft exclusive at the Barley Oak & the Pub)
  8. Stone Sublimely Self Righteous (draft at the Pub, bottles at Stein’s, Rouses, whole Food)
  9. Stone Vintage Double Bastard (cellared keg exclusive to the Pub)
  10. Saint Arnold’s Summer Pilsner
  11. Saint Arnold’s Divine Reserve (draft at The Pub, Barley Oak & Bulldog Baton Rouge, bottles at Stein’s, Cork & Bottle & Aquistapace)
  12. Brooklyn Cuvee Noire (cellared kegs exclusive to the Pub)
  13. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (cellared kegs exclusive to the Pub)
  14. Unibroue Raftman Scotch Beer On Lees (new on Draft in the US, no bottles in the US)
  15. Monks Belgian Wit, Abbey of Christ in the Desert
  16. Unibroue Blanche de Chambly Belgian Wit
  17. Rogue Capt. Sig’s Northwestern Deadliest Ale (exclusive to the Pub, bottles at Rouses)
  18. Rogue Shakespeare Stout on Nitro (exclusive to the Pub)
  19. He’brew
  20. NOLA Brewing Single Hop Series (4 beers – Mt. Hood, Centennial, Cascade, & Amarillo; ACBW only)
  21. NOLA Brewing Flambeau Red Ale
  22. NOLA Brewing Hopitoulas
  23. Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere (draft exclusive to the Pub, bottles at Stein’s & Cork & Bottle)
  24. Sierra Nevada Ovila (cellared kegs from special release, no where else on draft, bottles at Stein’s)
  25. Lazy Magnolia Southern Gentleman (Jack Daniels Barrel Aged Pecan Ale) (the Pub, Barley Oak, Bulldog Midcity, draft only)
  26. Lazy Magnolia Jefferson Stout
  27. Covington Pilsner
  28. Abita Reserve Imperial IPA (Draft only pub, Bulldog locations, Barley Oak, Chimes, etc.)
  29. Abita Double Dry Hopped Satsuma Wit (ACBW draft only)
  30. Harpoon Leviathan Series Quad (cellared draft exclusive to the Pub)
  31. Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Oyster Stout (draft only the Pub & Barley Oak )
  32. Northcoast la Merle Saison (bottles at Stein’s Deli, Rouses, Cork & Bottle)
  33. Northcoast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout on Nitro
  34. Moylan’s Pomegranite Wheat special release (ACBW only)
  35. Moylan’s ESB on Nitro (Draft only pub, Barley Oak)
  36. Saint Arnold Weedwacker (draft exclusive to the Pub, ACBW only)
  37. Tin Roof Perfect 10 Amber
  38. Brooklyn Summer Ale (bottles common, draft Pub, Bulldog Baton Rouge, Barley Oak)
  39. Brooklyn Lager
  40. Northcoast Brother Thelonius Abbey Ale (bottles common, draft at the Pub)
  41. Coney Island White Albino Python
  42. Abita Root Beer
  43. Bayou Teche La 31
  44. Bayou Teche Triple Passion Fruit Infused Grenade (Draft only ACBW Pub)
  45. Bayou Teche Grenade
  46. Bayou Teche Bouchanee (draft at Squeal BBQ)
  47. Laughing Skull, Red Brick Brewery Amber Ale (bottles common, draft at the Pub, Bulldog)
  48. Bear Republic Racer 5 (Pub, DBA, Rendon Inn)
  49. Rogue Orange Honey Wheat
Casks
  • Brooklyn Blast Imperial IPA (normally draft only, pub exclusive)
  • Rogue unannounced
  • NOLA Blueberry Wheat
Bottle List for tasting at Avenue Pub:
  • Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Jolly Pumpkin iO Saison (special release Pub, Stein’s Deli, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Brooklyn Black Ops Stout (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub )
  • Brooklyn Sorachi Ace Saison (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub & Stein’s Deli )
  • Brooklyn Local One (commonly available)
  • Brooklyn Local 2 (Stein’s Deli, Cork & Bottle, Rouses, Whole Foods Mkt.)
  • Northcoast Old Rasputin XI (cellared bottles exclusive to the pub)

I probably posted in this thread months ago, but I don't feel like checking.

heineken_light02.jpg
stella_artois.jpg
blue-moon-beer-21353333.jpg

beer%20edit%20-%20HoneyMoon.jpg

I'll always ride and die with
budweiser.jpg
though, my father works for them
pimp.gif

I probably posted in this thread months ago, but I don't feel like checking.

heineken_light02.jpg
stella_artois.jpg
blue-moon-beer-21353333.jpg

beer%20edit%20-%20HoneyMoon.jpg

I'll always ride and die with
budweiser.jpg
though, my father works for them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by lovemysole

Allergic to beer so I stick with hard a or Hornsby's.
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png

moz-screenshot-4.png
ej_gallo_hornsbys.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Never heard of someone allergic to beer, is it the hops?
I'd imagine it's a gluten allergy. Seems to affect the ability to enjoy just about everything good in life.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by lovemysole

Allergic to beer so I stick with hard a or Hornsby's.
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png

moz-screenshot-4.png
ej_gallo_hornsbys.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Never heard of someone allergic to beer, is it the hops?
I'd imagine it's a gluten allergy. Seems to affect the ability to enjoy just about everything good in life.

Tonight I'm drinking some Fireman's #4 that I've had in the fridge for a while, don't really care for it.
Just tried Ziegenbock the other day
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

If I'm drinking something good, Shiner Bock is my go-to, followed by Sam Adams
If I'm getting drunk with the fellas its Bud Light
on rare occasion I'll have a OE or Mickey's.

Tonight I'm drinking some Fireman's #4 that I've had in the fridge for a while, don't really care for it.
Just tried Ziegenbock the other day
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

If I'm drinking something good, Shiner Bock is my go-to, followed by Sam Adams
If I'm getting drunk with the fellas its Bud Light
on rare occasion I'll have a OE or Mickey's.

Back
Top Bottom