NT: What are you reading?

Originally Posted by MattUT

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Just finished: The Tipping Point
Currently reading: Hamlet
Next book: Hopefully, Blink.
tipping point was pretty interesting...

I would try the blind side, pretty nice, we even had the author do a speaker series here on campus at UT
Gravedigging, this is a good thread.

I'm in the middle of reading the Tipping Point, very good book. Next up is: Dave Chappelle & The Devil andMan Child in the Promised Land by Claude Brown

I actually am reading this:

* Moms put me on it.

TheSecretLogo.jpg

Water For Elephants
51SERSZMD3L.jpg

Nothing prolific or life changing, just a darn good read.

e khoa lity: You still have my copy!

Speaking of books, has anyone read this? I have to read it in my children's literature class.

hitlerandtheoccult.jpg

Finished this on tuesday. Still reading

manlyphall-org_secret-teaching-of-all-ages.jpg

aiming to finish this by the end of the year, I still have 500 pages left and its roughly 700.

Originally Posted by kyrac2

in between a few books:
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
The Kite Runner (recommended by a fellow NTer)
The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classic (it's 7 works in one book)

just read not too long ago:
Kindred
Diablerie: A Novel
both of these were recommended by superduperkya and i was surprised they were actually good
ohwell.gif

Kindred's a pretty interesting book, read it freshamn year. I'm really gonna try to read a ton of books this summer because I'll have the time,I've really been lacking the last few years because reading for school has taken away that leisure aspect for me

this month so far ive finished "a bold fresh piece of humanity" and "1984" ... im half way through "invisible man" and cant waitto start "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark R. Levin ... just dl "The Road" and will be reading that shortly ...

Originally Posted by deceptikk0n

just finished Fahrenheit 451.
pimp.gif

reading Catch 22 then onto Brave New World
I hatttttttttted Brave New World. Just not my thing I guess. Although I love 1984 so far. I'm so intrigued by The Road that I might just buyit and read it after I finish 1984. Falling back in love with literature FTW.

just finished "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down". Any NTer planning any kind of future in health care should read it. Also, any Hmongs on NTshould probably read it. Gripping book.

i think we need to just keep this thread going so people can recommend books to other

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

To Kill A Mockingbird . . . Again.

Next will be the High Times Pot Smokers Handbook if *+!$!## Barnes and Noble ever gets it in stock
smh.gif
i can't read books more than once. the fact that i know what happens makes me lose any motivation to continue reading.

im about to start cat's cradel by kurt vonnegut jr.

one of my fav. authors btw

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Speaking of books, has anyone read this? I have to read it in my children's literature class.
Read it Junior year. It's an easy read mostly because it's written like a movie script.
I've got 30 pages left of 1984 which I'll probably finish tonight and then moving onto Fahrenheit 451 tomorrow.
It's kinda sad, yet funny that I've read more since Thursday than I have all year and I'm an English major.

Back
Top Bottom