NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

since this is NT i'm sure this has been posted many times.. but i just started decoded this weekend and i'm loving it so far...
jay-z-decoded-LST081211.jpg

almost finished reading the kite runner  and im like 
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
embarassed.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif
def recommend this book to anyone

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

^I've read it
laugh.gif
Pretty interesting book.
I heard stories that the methods of the main character actually works in real life
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sorta why i picked it up. Im curious to see wat its all about. I havent seen a bad review yet
You shouldn't have told people on this board fam.  The more people that know about it the more likely girls will find out about it the less likely those methods will work. 

Guys, whoever reads this book don't tell your real life friends about it.  Better for all men that way. 

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
embarassed.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif
Making me lean towards getting it

Originally Posted by 360waves

Originally Posted by 365k

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
embarassed.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif
good read there is a movie out as well

The Kite Runner book is
pimp.gif
and I didn't even know there was a movie I'm about to watch it right now on Netflix

The Crying of Lot 49. It's
pimp.gif
. It really makes you think about human nature and our need for certainty and order.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

^I've read it
laugh.gif
Pretty interesting book.
I heard stories that the methods of the main character actually works in real life
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sorta why i picked it up. Im curious to see wat its all about. I havent seen a bad review yet
You shouldn't have told people on this board fam.  The more people that know about it the more likely girls will find out about it the less likely those methods will work. 

Guys, whoever reads this book don't tell your real life friends about it.  Better for all men that way. 
Stop being an elitist tool. You shouldn't need to rely on a book to get laid and I highly doubt the dude that wrote that book would want you to take his techniques and use them to death without adding any variance of your own.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Stop being an elitist tool. You shouldn't need to rely on a book to get laid and I highly doubt the dude that wrote that book would want you to take his techniques and use them to death without adding any variance of your own.

An elitist tool, me? 
laugh.gif

Never said anything about not adding variance to what's in the book.  That is good.  Never said anything about using the tools in the book strictly to get laid either. 

But if a woman knows you are using tools from a book to talk to her what do you think she is going to do? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I just finished Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan. Funniest book I've ever read, easy. The story isn't as well-off, but I still loved it.
Like many a hip young literary antihero these days, the protagonist ofthis hilarious if aimless debut is sunk in slacker anomie. Shane has amonotonous temp job at an insurance agency, where he is supposed toalphabetize paperwork but instead spends his time sleeping on thetoilet. After work, he is besieged by a gallery of grotesques: a vapidgirlfriend who sexually brutalizes him; an absurdly macho neighbor witha leather-clad guinea pig for a sex slave; and his dentist's deafassistant, who sings atonal karaoke, teaches him to sign obscenitiesand furnishes a wispy narrative thread by getting murdered. In a worldboth banal and assaultive, Shane can only drink, steal salt shakers andcultivate his sense of irony; "[t]here's only so much you can do," heshrugs, "and even that's not worth the trouble." Shane's malaisedoesn't feel earned; job aside, there are just too many gonzogoings-on—the landlord, for instance, is paying him to have sex withhis wife—for him to feel so listless. There's not much to Shane besidesa defiant dejectedness, but from that Neilan spins many sparkling comicriffs on the tawdriness and sterility of American life.

I love this book - I usually give it to people to read a litmus test of sort to see if they think its funny or terrible.  Those who think its terrible get cut. 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
embarassed.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif

The Kite Runner book is
pimp.gif
and I didn't even know there was a movie I'm about to watch it right now on Netflix
yea its a MUST READ, trust...thanks to NT for recommending me it to me ...i will prob be reading the alchemist next

the_alchemist.jpg

"When you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Waiting for this in the Mail
900.jpg
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

book full of d-bags and one cry baby.
Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

An elitist tool, me? 
laugh.gif

Never said anything about not adding variance to what's in the book.  That is good.  Never said anything about using the tools in the book strictly to get laid either. 

But if a woman knows you are using tools from a book to talk to her what do you think she is going to do? 
laugh.gif

half of the women that these idiots went after and fell for their !%*! probably haven't even read a single book, pretty sure they won't have to worry about it.

the 12 powers of man by charles fillmore. not done yet, but i can already put this on my most-amazing/enlightening-books-i-ever-read list.

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif
embarassed.gif
glasses.gif
grin.gif

Great book. The movie is pretty spot on too
I got my hands on A Thousand Splendid Suns, but I have yet to read it. Too many books, so little time

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Im also gonna pick this up soon. I suggest anyone whos into personal finance to check out his blog with the same name.
51uAqakiYdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

About half way done with this... really great book for younger folks who want to get personal finances under control. 
pimp.gif

Just went through about 90% of this whole thread and the ender's game has been mentioned more than 10 times.

The last lecture was mentioned alot in the earlier pages of this thread also.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm like 150 pages deep into Too Big to Fail.

I've heard The Facebook Effect is awesome though.
Those two books are sitting on the "Next to Read" shelf on my Nook.
I'm currently working on The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis.

It sucks how much my leisure reading has slowed down since school started back up.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm like 150 pages deep into Too Big to Fail.

I've heard The Facebook Effect is awesome though.
One of the best finance novel's I've read.

AIG was full of idiots
laugh.gif

TIDG (or anyone else),

You got any finance/business profile recommendations? Right now I have Too Big to Fail, The Facebook Effect, More Money than God, and Lords of Finance lined up. I'm looking for more to add to the list so that I have different options to choose from depending on what I'm feeling like reading.

Back
Top Bottom