NT what are you hooping in this Spring/Summer? vol. 2013 concrete/pavement basketball sneakers

All of my "durable" sneakers are beat to death. Currently in the market for 1-2 pairs of basketball sneakers exclusively for outdoor ball. Need some good opinions.

Possibilities:

Jordan XII
Hyperfuse

Man it really depends on the outdoor surface itself. If its that plastic stuff...KD V...those are my go to ball shoes indoor and outdoor. They have been doing me well inside thus far and I took em out for a spin the other day. Another option, and this is solely due to the fact that these shoes are affordable (at least where I'm at), are the Hyper Aggressors. I don't got a pair yet but I've tried them on, they don't seem that bad. I'd like to see what else others are using though.

XIXs so underrated... some of the most comfy Js Ive ever worn.

****** up my ankle recently playin ball. this is very important for me once i get back to ball in about a month. was thinking of copping air carnivore cuz its strapped so high above the ankle for ball, is this a good idea?

also, i have hyperduse 2011, aj1, AJ5, lebron 8 PS, n some bummy adidas i currently play ball in.

****** up my ankle recently playin ball. this is very important for me once i get back to ball in about a month. was thinking of copping air carnivore cuz its strapped so high above the ankle for ball, is this a good idea?

also, i have hyperduse 2011, aj1, AJ5, lebron 8 PS, n some bummy adidas i currently play ball in.

i wouldnt rely on the shoes to support your ankle at this point. id get an ankle brace.
i severely sprained my ankle in august and use this now: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=8359844

View media item 354293
View media item 354294

Last edited:

How are these sizing wise? I've had a pair of V/1 8s and needed to size up .5 a size because they ran super small. Are the PS similar?

How are these sizing wise? I've had a pair of V/1 8s and needed to size up .5 a size because they ran super small. Are the PS similar?
yes, but i dont own the main 8's so i wouldnt know how sizing compares to those

i wouldnt rely on the shoes to support your ankle at this point. id get an ankle brace.
i severely sprained my ankle in august and use this now: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=8359844

View media item 354293
View media item 354294
thing is a little pricey. They gave me an brace at the hospital (an air brace, didnt have my size in the regular brace) and **** didnt fit in any of my sneakers. does this brace you have fit fine in ur high tops?

thing is a little pricey. They gave me an brace at the hospital (an air brace, didnt have my size in the regular brace) and **** didnt fit in any of my sneakers. does this brace you have fit fine in ur high tops?

its pricey but its worth it to me especially with how bad my ankle was sprained. i was actually on crutches for a few days and couldnt walk without a limp for well over a month. once your health is at stake, id say the $20 more is worth it.

i dont think i have any "high tops" but i do have mids (like the retro 3s shown). it fits OK in the shoes but it does push the sides of the shoes out some so you have to tighten your shoes up. the air brace is definitely wider than the brace im suggesting.
it does rub some so id say wear elite socks or thicker socks if you do buy it.

it fits in the shoes i play in now:
2012 hyperdunk USA
duke kobe 7
black/red kobe 6
jordan cement 3
jordan 2012
melo m8

I don't really care for ankle braces on the court, but the best shoes for ankle support (which is important to me) would be the Jordan 21's, 12's, and 19's (at least from my experience)
12's...Really?! Ain't knocking but I would def be scared for my ankles!

its pricey but its worth it to me especially with how bad my ankle was sprained. i was actually on crutches for a few days and couldnt walk without a limp for well over a month. once your health is at stake, id say the $20 more is worth it.

i dont think i have any "high tops" but i do have mids (like the retro 3s shown). it fits OK in the shoes but it does push the sides of the shoes out some so you have to tighten your shoes up. the air brace is definitely wider than the brace im suggesting.
it does rub some so id say wear elite socks or thicker socks if you do buy it.

it fits in the shoes i play in now:
2012 hyperdunk USA
duke kobe 7
black/red kobe 6
jordan cement 3
jordan 2012
melo m8
i c what you r saying, thanks for the input. I also had a similar injury last month and had the crutches a for a week n change. before i buy a brace im going to test it out in a modells or something to make sure its good for me. I wear size 13 and am currently overweight so i need a pretty big brace.

Still ballin in some old Hyperdunk 2011s and old team Js until I nab some Kobes.

Did ball in my KD Vs one time though and I gotta say I felt like I could fly.

Back
Top Bottom