NT Travelers: What is an All Inclusive Resort like?

Is it as great as it sounds? The website mentions a full OPEN bar. Should I expect to have more entries to the "You're not a drinker if...."thread when I get back?

my brother, sister and I are going to a resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and just wanted to know what types of experiences fellow NTers have had in thepast.

It's as great as it sounds
pimp.gif

But like airkeung88 said..make sure you drink only bottled water

Everything is included, meaning you don't have to pay for anything; food, drinks, whatever. What more could one ask for?

also...bring some medicine(tylenol...ect) just in case u need it, otherwise will cost you a LOT!!
Have fun and enjoy the beach.

I think my next trip is gonna be at an all inclusive joint. Too much ##*%@%#$ getting everybody on the same page on what they wanna eat and gettin a taxi backand forth and all that. Anybody have experience with the all inclusive drinks/alcohol?

All you can drink, all you can eat. Food is awesome. You're going to the most expensive area of the country. The liquor is sorta like the generic type.Which is fine. Make sure you go to one that has a night club, and food after midnight. Some hotels have mini-bars in every room.

How are the alcoholic drinks? Watered down? Are they stingy with the beer? I was looking into cancun and 1 place had 24 hour food in the hotel

All inconclusive can be pretty bad depending on the food they serve you and other limitations that maybe set by the hotel. It depends on how nice of a resortyou are going to.

sexual favors from the employees are extra, let your sister know.

I've been to that same exact resort about 8 years back(NO BS), saw French woman gettin gettin some Heeeeeee on the beach from the Coconut peddler.

Went to one in Jamaica. Free food 24/7 sort of like a Cruise ship. Actually its like a hotel cruise ship. Same amenities and what not.

bring some gifts for the resort staff maids...get real tight with em and it'll make things 10x better...the food in cuba was decent..edible..but some of myfriends couldn't stomach it.

and yes they do sell weed if you ask them..or they'll know where to get..

you'll be drinking so much and you'll be drunk all day...i can't wait to get back to cuba, dominican or mexico.

the dancers hired by the resort are easier then the bougey desk clerks in my opinion.

I've been to two in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

• The breakfast was only so-so and it was hot and humid so there were plenty of insects (especially flys surrounding the sweet pastries)
  • The lunch was actually delicious (bacon cheeseburgers grilled by the pool)
  • Dinner was cool as there was entertainment such as dancing and music.
  • The downside? The Tecate was watered down but it was free so I would just drink copious amounts
Anyways, I hope you have a good time.

BOOOOOOOOOORING unless you're on the super touristy tip and don't want to see the country you spent a couple hundred dollars to travel to...butthey're cool always people and something to do/eat/drink so a good time can be had but nothing that you can't do at home....

Originally Posted by r33p04s

BOOOOOOOOOORING unless you're on the super touristy tip and don't want to see the country you spent a couple hundred dollars to travel to...but they're cool always people and something to do/eat/drink so a good time can be had but nothing that you can't do at home....
yeah I don't really care to be all on the island and +!#. I just wanna chill, eat, and drink a lot w/o having to worry about a tab
laugh.gif

This sounds like our next vakay... How much should one expect to pay?
Depends on when you go. They have fall/winter specials. Peep the website.

sexual favors from the employees are extra, let your sister know.

I've been to that same exact resort about 8 years back(NO BS), saw French woman gettin gettin some Heeeeeee on the beach from the Coconut peddler.

laugh.gif
I'll be sure to let her know. I'm more worried about thembrown skin dominican joints
devil.gif

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

All inconclusive can be pretty bad depending on the food they serve you and other limitations that maybe set by the hotel. It depends on how nice of a resort you are going to.

That's what I'm worried about. Cuz people keep saying well all food/drinks are included but what if it taste like %*!*? Or if the hotel gets stingywith their stuff. I'm going to cancun and wanna make sure everything is coo....but I aint ballin to be dropping crazy $$

edit: nvm, saw the name of the resort above, it's not the same one my friend went to.

anyway, i went to one in ochos rios, jamaica a few years ago and it was pretty fun. all you can eat/drink, lots of people, cultural dances and shows, nightclubs, and you get treated like royalty. make sure you go out of the resort during the day to see the rest of the country though, because some people juststayed at the resort the entire time which defeated the purpose of a vacation imo. have fun...

-waystinthyme

CHEAPCARRIBEAN.COM...

payed 220 for two people for a weekend. in other words, if you're going with someone for a week plus airfare to the Dominican Republic around MAY, expect7-800. 350 per night plus airfare around May is 350.

CHEAPCARRIBEAN.COM...

payed 220 for two people for a weekend. in other words, if you're going with someone for a week plus airfare to the Dominican Republic around MAY, expect7-800. 350 per night plus airfare around May is 350.

Punta Cana, DR!

I NEED to go back. The all-inclusive is alright. Free drinks at the clubs/bars etc.! Eat some manzana ice cream (and please bring some back for me).

Back
Top Bottom