NT school me on buying hummus...

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So i'm a big fan of garbanzo/chick peas...been cooking them up for a bunch of years now...I adapted my father's recipe for the 2000's.

Recently I went to meetup with some friends at a Mediterranean place and I got the kebab with a side of hummus.  I was never a fan of hummus...I really don't even like the word that much but it was the bomb at that Mediterranean place so I ask NT if they could recommend some brands to buy.  I'm probably gonna head out to target or whole foods soon and pick some up with some chips cuz I need a better late night snack.

Much appreciated...also if anyone has any suggestions for foods to eat with the hummus...

GetImage.aspx

In stead of a generic brand, head down to your local Lebanese market or middle-eastern grocer, and get the in-house stuff....there is a HUGE difference in taste. Once you get in your hummus fix, try some baba ganoush (which I think is better)

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

where do you guys buy these? do you think target carries them?

Local supermarket, homie.

I usually do the classic Sabra. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

In stead of a generic brand, head down to your local Lebanese market or middle-eastern grocer, and get the in-house stuff....there is a HUGE difference in taste. Once you get in your hummus fix, try some baba ganoush (which I think is better)
idk about that, maybe its our location which gives you the advantage, but metro Detroit has a huge arabic population so theres middle-eastern restaurants everywhere, ranging from lebanese to afghan and compared to grocery store name brands all the hummus taste the same to me

Kind of random, the first time I actually tasted this. I had a flash back to Osama and his army eating something that looked just like it with bread.
laugh.gif

I didn't even know where it was from until that point.

1. Share the recipe.
2. I was like you. Hummus just sounds nasty but I went to a company dinner at a Mediterranean spot and I tasted it and was like 
eek.gif
. What was I missing. Have been hooked ever since.
3. Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Hummus is very good. Best I have eaten (no hetero), and nothing else compares.
$1.99 for an 8 oz - I like eating these with Honey Wheat Pretzel Twists that they sell.

I actually do want to buy humans...so that they can make the hummmussssss....

But anyways I went with the basil/pesto sabra hummus...not to my exact liking but their guacamole was fantastic.

I just bout another batch of hummus the other day but I got Wakim's hummus with dill and hot and spicy hummus. The hot and spicy was very bland but the hummus with dill is where it's at. Very unique flavor.

Back
Top Bottom