NT Runner's: 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, Marathon etc.

^ The Eugene Marathon is a great race; thats where I ran my PR last year (2:58:01). After you break off from the half marathoners it's completely flat as you run along the Willamette River.

I'm doing Hood 2 Coast this year as well. I have leg 5. Not really looking forward to the big summit on my last leg but meh. I'm in the middle of marathon training so I'm using the relay as basically one big long workout.

I love running but it's been really stressful on my knees. I was training for a half marathon in november but I had to stop because I was getting swelling. I also love weight training. Is it a bad idea to still be lifting while training for this 13.1?

Talbert

I love running but it's been really stressful on my knees. I was training for a half marathon in november but I had to stop because I was getting swelling. I also love weight training. Is it a bad idea to still be lifting while training for this 13.1?

Talbert

Originally Posted by milbert

Talbert
Naw, I don't think so.  If anything it should help as long as you're not looking to add on a lot of bulk.  Running tends to create muscle imbalances and lifting actually helps.  Lots, and most serious runners, lift.  I lift 2, maybe 3, times a week.  I would focus on higher amount of reps with lower weights though.

Originally Posted by milbert

Talbert
Naw, I don't think so.  If anything it should help as long as you're not looking to add on a lot of bulk.  Running tends to create muscle imbalances and lifting actually helps.  Lots, and most serious runners, lift.  I lift 2, maybe 3, times a week.  I would focus on higher amount of reps with lower weights though.

Ran my first 5k in quite a while and crossed the line at 17:51. My training is going well for my marathon that's 6 weeks away. How's everyone else doing?

Ran my first 5k in quite a while and crossed the line at 17:51. My training is going well for my marathon that's 6 weeks away. How's everyone else doing?

Back
Top Bottom