[[ NT PRODUCERS: Show Your Music Setup (PICS) ]]

Originally Posted by biglou2n

A lot of you guys might want to reconcider your monitor placement but good stuff none the less
smokin.gif

yea i know about speaker placement but as u can see i dont have any room on my desk and im not ready to buy any stands yet.

and im gettin sick of seeing everyone with the krk rocket 5's. did i make the wrong move going with the bx5's?

How does the Fusion compare to the fantom S?

Wanna sell it?

I got that DGX too
pimp.gif
88 or 76?
The Fusion is a great board and can go head up with the other major boards but the Fantom kills it in the sound department. I cant sell iteither...the reason its in the corner is because im waiting on my 2 tier stand.

Oh yeah, I got my DGX when i as in 10th grade. Its a 76...so many memories when I look at it.
pimp.gif

I'm lyin I got rid of the DGX but it's decent for a starter.

Did you get the Fusion from sweetwater? I've heard theres alot of problems with them, experienced any?

i wanna buy some art, but i just havent gotten around to it since i painted my room. i dont have pics of my recording setup (its just a rode mic, pop filter,reflection filter, and stand) and there's a rane ttm 56 somewhere in the room collecting dust

portable/teaching setup

regular setup

keystation+pro tools keyboard+some vinyl

i still wanna add a juno 106 and get an mpc 3000

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

I'm lyin I got rid of the DGX but it's decent for a starter.

Did you get the Fusion from sweetwater? I've heard theres alot of problems with them, experienced any?

Nah, I got my Fusion from American Musical. The only problem Ive had with it is itll freeze up when making a beat but its only done it twice since Ive hadit (since July 07).

Quest Uno are those yamaha HS? Cuz I was lookin at those for reference monitors, I wanted to know how detailed they were...

edit: JX >> Juno *bias maybe

If you got a controller already go for the MKS rack versions, it's cheaper I think.

I got the bx5s and I love them. It's all in what you feel is good for you. I used to use expensive computer speakers and liked the sound those generateduntil I got monitors. LOL!

I like Quest Uno's setup the most.

I wish I could afford something like that.
thanks. your beats are legit so i wouldnt even worry about spending a lot of money on a setup
Quest Uno are those yamaha HS? Cuz I was lookin at those for reference monitors, I wanted to know how detailed they were...

edit: JX >> Juno *bias maybe

If you got a controller already go for the MKS rack versions, it's cheaper I think.
yeah, theyre the hs80m's. i like them, but i think the mackie hr24s are better. mixing on mackies always gave me the sound i liked instantlywhether it was the 6s or the 8s. it took me a long time to get my mix right on the yamahas, but i had to get them because the studios i freelance at all usethe ns10s and this was the closest i could get to that. if i were you, i'd save up the extra dough for the mackies

Well I'd like them for reference monitors, just for reference only but I was considering them for mixing. But not anymore, good looks on the info. I planon getting some budget version HR's. Tapco's, they're suppose to be based on the same design as the mackies, same company even, but with cheaperlabor.

Or I might try to find the discontinued version of the mackies since they got the new ones out. Thanks for the info.

My project studio's not even worth showing a picture, I just have a jx-10 keyboard and programmer, les paul guitar and a computer with sony headphones.Exciting. Ohh and a trumpet!

I may show some pictures of the small suites I work with outside of my home. We'll see.

Here's my Baby tho: It looks bent and crooked but it's not.

8f06_1.JPG

c818_1.JPG

c98f_1.JPG

cfce_1.JPG

Dope setups guys. I wish I was musically talented. I know nothing about music production, but what is the difference between the little keyboard and say theRoland?

Well I assume by little keyboard you mean controller. A controller basically sends MIDI signals to "control" a sound source. So there is no sound ina controller. The sounds come from MIDI and sysex files in a computer or within a different keyboard. It's kind of like a keyboard on a computer.There's no text in the actual keyboard when you type the keys, you need the computer to actually type something with the keyboard, nah mean? Did that makesense?

The roland is an analogue synthesizer so it has sounds built inside it. It is also capable as a controller. So if I had another keyboard, or sound bank or etc,I could use the roland to control those sounds and notes.

Nice desk Quest Uno, I have the same one but I mounted the bottom layer backwards when I didn't have a desk for my turntables.
laugh.gif

73eqo7k.jpg

Old setup, I say old because some things are about to disappear. Ever since I got Logic Studio I just don't everything anymore.

MV8000
Motif Rack ES
Novation X-Station
PowerMac G5
Powerbook G4(not pictured)
KRK Rokit 8s
Digi Rack 002

The MV8000 was just sold recently, and the Motif Rack Es is on Ebay right now.

I'm going to add an Axiom 49 to my home setup, and move the Novation to the away from home setup with the Powerbook.

Going to update to a MacBook as well, processor on my Powerbook is too slow for Logic these days.

Well I assume by little keyboard you mean controller. A controller basically sends MIDI signals to "control" a sound source. So there is no sound in a controller. The sounds come from MIDI and sysex files in a computer or within a different keyboard. It's kind of like a keyboard on a computer. There's no text in the actual keyboard when you type the keys, you need the computer to actually type something with the keyboard, nah mean? Did that make sense?

The roland is an analogue synthesizer so it has sounds built inside it. It is also capable as a controller. So if I had another keyboard, or sound bank or etc, I could use the roland to control those sounds and notes.

Cool. thanks for the info. My friend messed around with a Roland Fantom F8 I think it was called and it was pretty cool. I don't know if he ever boughtit, but It was pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Well I assume by little keyboard you mean controller. A controller basically sends MIDI signals to "control" a sound source. So there is no sound in a controller. The sounds come from MIDI and sysex files in a computer or within a different keyboard. It's kind of like a keyboard on a computer. There's no text in the actual keyboard when you type the keys, you need the computer to actually type something with the keyboard, nah mean? Did that make sense?

The roland is an analogue synthesizer so it has sounds built inside it. It is also capable as a controller. So if I had another keyboard, or sound bank or etc, I could use the roland to control those sounds and notes.

Cool. thanks for the info. My friend messed around with a Roland Fantom F8 I think it was called and it was pretty cool. I don't know if he ever bought it, but It was pretty impressive.

X8... and yea them%#$*$+ is dope...

buggz - test out the mackies first cuz its love/hate. this high profile west coast producer i worked with hated them. bought them atguitar center, set them up for about 2 hours, and returned it the same day. i love them though and i wish more studios used them. i havent gotten the chance towork with the new models though

mr phantastik - dope setup. i think about selling my gear all the time, but i get attached to certain pieces of gear (no ohsnaps). i sold my technics two yearsago, but i refuse to sell my ttm 56 mixer
laugh.gif
even with pro tools and logic (havent upgraded to studio yet), my mpc is still the heart and soul of my setup.

somebody recommend me a CHEAP desk for racks, or is there any blueprints or how-to's out there?

I hate to spend hundreds on little stuff like that when I could use it for equipment
smh.gif

thanks Quest, and I've thought about selling those items the whole summer probably, telling myself no.

I sold the MV800 for more than what I paid for it when I bought it (got a crackhead deal on it, literally)

It came down to efficiency, I can operate better without (NO Hideo nOMO).

Your setup is nice as well.

The name Quest Uno...... I know I've heard that name somewhere before and I know of Sound In Color....wouldn't be surprised if I know you. I'mguessing you're from the LA area too

Damn alot of rokits. Yo I had rokit 5's anyone know how much it would cost to get fixed one blew out on me I think my little brother came through andstarted messing with the system. Should I try and get them repaired or just cop rokit 8s???

i have a mpc 2000xl and reason but im looking to expand my beat making game just a lil. can someone reccomend me a good entry level keyboard and midicontroller?

I don't know anything about this particular part of music, producing/making beats, but from the looks of things you guys look like you know your sh..

Originally Posted by KIKNBAQUE4SHO

i have a mpc 2000xl and reason but im looking to expand my beat making game just a lil. can someone reccomend me a good entry level keyboard and midi controller?

sell ur mpc and use software...

Back
Top Bottom