NT Please help this Aussie on his first trip to America.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by therealdealau

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

I'm convinced OP is trolling! How is his English so good? When I see Australians on tv they never sound like this.
G'day Tupac, I assure you I am not trolling. Honestly I am trying to sound as literate as possible to get the best replies and not seem like a degenerate. However after a few VB's (Victoria Bitter) at me mate Dingo's barbie this arvo literacy will be out the flamin' window and we'll be arkin up at the Sheila's to keep bringing us that good tucker from down under brother.

Flamin' struth.

I'm ashamed to admit that I understood all of that.
laugh.gif

Hi from New Zealand! Post pics when you get back! I really want to travel all over the states and actually see the country, not just the standard places like NYC, LA, Las Vegas etc.
G'day kiwi mate how are ya?

Yeah I knwo what you mean about all over the states and find some hidden gems for yourself but quite frankly don't have all that much time and my girlfriend wants to do all the big places and I would love to see them. I'll definitely post a travel blog when I finish the trip. Where in New Zealand are you from? I got back from the South Island recently.

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

you can skip florida altogether. seriously
theres nothing real to see there
maybe a day or two in south beach, at most

and Im not tryna come at the poster above me,
but if youve come all the way from Australia you dont need to be wasting any time at the amusement parks
spend your time in real cities with real people, getting some real food
I would drop Fla from your original post and switch in Chicago
Interesting, you don't think the amusement parks would be worth the time? Maybe just one day? I've heard a lot of good things about Chicago I think that is definitely on the cards. Appreciate the reply, definitely will spend a few days in Miami. We are actually going to do a cruise from fort lauderdale through the carribean, which will be most of our time in Flordia. The rest spent in Miami, definitely want to watch the Heat play!

Originally Posted by bhergh

if u visit san diego, i say go to mt. soledad for the view of the city, i would think that u would really not care to visit the beaches much since aus. has some nice beaches already but another place to see in san diego would be in the downtown area if u want some food or want to see the seaport village/ san diego harbor or drive over the bridge to coronado island and park at the ferry landing area and walk around with views across the bay to downtown san diego or if u want to visit the "haunted" historic coronado hotel or stay there since its right next to the beach.. lolitas at the park(downtown)/lolitas in clairemont(best fries in san diego from wat ive had) , phils bbq on sports arena blvd, hodads in ocean beach(has longest pier on west coast but has many bums/pan handlers there but they dont bug u much/usually), piggys bbq in coronado(is good from wat i hear) smashburger in downtown
After creating this thread I went to a travel agent and talked some stuff out, looks like we are doing a circular trip of Cali going up the coast then inland a bit finishing at Vegas, SD is a stop off. Sounds like there is so many things to do here how many days would you recommend? Smash burger sounds awesome

Back
Top Bottom