NT MLB Experts, I have a Quick Question..

rocky437

Banned
Bottom 9, 2 out, Runner on 3rd, tie game. 
The guy hits the ball to shortstop, he bobbles it, the runner on third gets to home plate safely, but the shortstop still manages to throw out the runner on first to get the third out. 

We going to extra innings? Or is it game over? 

If dude gets to home plate before the ball gets to first base game then its game over.

Right?

I think
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

If dude gets to home plate before the ball gets to first base game then its game over.

Right?

I think
laugh.gif
But what if it was a flyball to the outfield? Using that logic the runner on third could touch home before the ball lands in the outfielders glove and it would count, so that cant be right. 

I think its all because of the bobble. As in he's charged with an error. You cant beat a forceout that is done in a "continuous" motion. So because of the bobble the run counts
edit - thats why i aint no ump

Originally Posted by irie

I think its all because of the bobble. As in he's charged with an error. You cant beat a forceout that is done in a "continuous" motion. So because of the bobble the run counts

Lol indeed. 

Game over, run doesn't score because the force out at 1B was the third out of the inning.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by rrroth

Game over, run doesn't score because the force out at 1B was the third out of the inning.
embarassed.gif

you mean extra innings then

This isnt a question a baseball "expert" would need to answer. The run does not count.

Originally Posted by irie

Sometimes it's best to stop thinking...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom