NT, how good was your HS Varsity Football team.vol. Youtube

Welp, looks like mine is still as awful as ever...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's so weird, but up here in CT, most of the "urban" schools have horrible football teams relative tothe "suburban" schools. But when it comes to basketball, big surprise, we own them.

my school sucked when I was there, but they're pretty good this year from what I've heard. I aint been to a football game since 07 smh

It seems to be that way in Detroit also. My old school (Detroit King) was the first Detroit Public School to win the Michigan State Championship, and this wasin 2007.
I think to run a successful high school football program the school has to have some type of money or sponsorship.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

my school sucked when I was there, but they're pretty good this year from what I've heard. I aint been to a football game since 07 smh

Yeah we sucked when I was there as well. Played varsity for 3 years (which isn't saying much considering the team), and in those three years, we were like3-1- and 30 something...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Still had mad fun though--so much so that every year, I still check up on the team to see how they are doing. This year's team is much better than the teamwe had my senior year, word to our 0-10 record...
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Damn your HS football team sucks j/k
laugh.gif
. But that's how it is in the"urban" areas up north. In the tri-state area, it's all about basketball. The south on the other hand, especially in Florida, It's all aboutFootball. Football is #1 down here.

BHS.

24-1

Our first year ever Varstiy Leauge 10-1

2006 3A State Champions.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Undefeated 2007 Season 10-0.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DR813

Damn your HS football team sucks j/k
laugh.gif
. But that's how it is in the "urban" areas up north. In the tri-state area, it's all about basketball. The south on the other hand, especially in Florida, It's all about Football. Football is #1 down here.

Yeah i realized that. Last season, Greenwich High (a powerhouse in CT, that plays in the same league as my HS alma-mater) went down to Florida to play one oftheir powerhouse HS programs and got their !%%s handed to them. I was really surprised like damn, they don't play down south...

I don't remember. I think they won State once or twice when I was in school.

Basketball team won NY State 4 years in a row though. ('99-'04)

Amityville, NY

pimp.gif

Salem Sundevils of Virginia Beach.
pimp.gif

we were so good that Arizona State came after us about the Sundevil name the year we put the hurt on Landstown (Percy Harvins school)

We were undefeated for the reg. season but didn't win the state championship though. Oscar Smith killed us.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Amityville, NY

pimp.gif

I'm thinking y'all had a guy by the name of A.J Price during the run though huh...?

For the most part, Oakland public schools are TERRIBLE in football. Every once in a while you'll get a squad that has a dynasty goin like Skyline at thestart of the decade and Mac a few years ago but I swear most of the OAL schools be on that remedial status. Personally I got too much pride to have played forO High, Freemont, Castlemont, etc. Their teams are always wack.

In the east Bay, catholic schools and public schools on the other side of the hill pretty much run $%$%.

Originally Posted by solelifik

de la salle > any other high school foootball team
De La is a trip.

The epitome of damn good coaching and a hell of a program. Aside from Maurice Jones Drew, I can't name the last graduate out of there that made any kindof noise in college.

i still remember the 04 NCS final. San Leandro High had something like six signed D1 recruits on defense alone, an still lost 14-7. I think De La Salle hadone kid who earned a scholarship that year.
laugh.gif

my freshman year they went undefeated and made it to the second round of states
sophmore year won a playoff game or two
junior year horrible, i think they won like 2 or 3 games
senior year i honestly dont even know, i didnt go to any games, nor did i pay attention to anything that went on in that school

My school used to be one of the most dominant 6A teams in Alabama. They won like 4 or 5 games during my 3 years there.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

superantigen how come st joes isnt in FCIAC? i dont see u guys in our schedule

St. Joe's is in the FCIAC for most sports. But, it's only recently (as in the last few years) that the football program has began competing againstother FCIAC teams. I recall our JV scrimmaging against theirs my junior year, but their varsity didn't play against other FCIACs varsity's. I think thevarsity originally played in the NVL with the likes of Sacred Heart. I could be mistaking though.

It's kinda like the U of Notre Dame. In basketball and many other varsity sports, they play in the big east but in football, they do their own thing.That's how I remember it being when i was playing in HS.

By the way, you go to St. Joes?

Originally Posted by iMixedi

this man speaks the truth.
not as of late...I mean they are still good, but its not like what it used to be. Back then they would just smash whoever whenever and goundefeated. Now they lose a game here n there.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Amityville, NY

pimp.gif
I'm thinking y'all had a guy by the name of A.J Price during the run though huh...?
Yup.

A.K.A. Sleepy Brown.

He'd stay awake for the first 5 minutes of a class and stay knocked out even after the bell rung. He was a good kid though.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I loved my High School.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by iMixedi

this man speaks the truth.
not as of late...I mean they are still good, but its not like what it used to be. Back then they would just smash whoever whenever and go undefeated. Now they lose a game here n there.
Only in state title games.

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

For the most part, Oakland public schools are TERRIBLE in football. Every once in a while you'll get a squad that has a dynasty goin like Skyline at the start of the decade and Mac a few years ago but I swear most of the OAL schools be on that remedial status. Personally I got too much pride to have played for O High, Freemont, Castlemont, etc. Their teams are always wack.

In the east Bay, catholic schools and public schools on the other side of the hill pretty much run $%$%.

De La is a trip.

The epitome of damn good coaching and a hell of a program. Aside from Maurice Jones Drew, I can't name the last graduate out of there that made any kind of noise in college.

i still remember the 04 NCS final. San Leandro High had something like six signed D1 recruits on defense alone, an still lost 14-7. I think De La Salle had one kid who earned a scholarship that year.
laugh.gif
Eff San Leandro, SLz all day! (0-10) my senior year. Got 2nd in NCS in 04 though.

^^they lost their first game this year to bosco, team from NJ

and i went there freshman n soph year, played football. if i woulda stayed one more year id have a state ship ring
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom