NT Help... people with tattoos... is it ok ....

to use Vaseline on my new tattoo? ive seem to misplace the A'n'D ointment the shop provided me with.. its not fresh new niether... got it about 20hours ago... any help is greatly appreciated... thanks.

you can go to the walgreens and get bacitracin (?),, its petroleum based so i dont know it fhteres a real difference

aquaphor works... i used that the first few days twice a day... after that i used regular lotion

well.. the reason im asking is beacause i have no accsess to anything else but vaseline for right now... its starting to dry up and i was told to keep itmoist.. so basicaaly all i need to know is if the vaseline will bring any negative affect to my tattoo... if not, ima use it.

Originally Posted by KingOfJordanz

dont use vaseline .. use unscented lotion
why not? its not that i dont believe you but, you seem to fail to understand, i have nothing but vaseline available...

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

why not? its not that i dont believe you but, you seem to fail to understand, i have nothing but vaseline available...

roll.gif

is it Vaseline lotion or petroleum jelly? petroleum jelly will drain the color and won't allow the tattoo to heal..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

is it Vaseline lotion or petroleum jelly? petroleum jelly will drain the color and won't allow the tattoo to heal..
damn. guess i gotta go wash it off...
laugh.gif
. thanks man..

you're gonna fade it. get aquaphore, i mean you dropped bread on a tat and you cant cop a 3 dollar tube of aquaphore?

Seriously do you:
A.) Not have legs, live in bumblefornicate, and the closest Walgreens is miles away
B.) You're cheap/lazy
C.) You're a vampire and cannot travel in the day.
C.) You're cheap/lazy

Go get the proper applicant already.

Thats what I was told also. I've got 3 tatts from 3 different places and all three said the same thing, or to use Vitamin E ointment (i think)

you want you tattoo to dry up and take off the first layer of skin about the tattoo. vaseline makes the ink rise to the top, causing to heal longer. use dialsoap, and only put lotion on when it peeling.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Seriously do you:
A.) Not have legs, live in bumblefornicate, and the closest Walgreens is miles away
B.) You're cheap/lazy
C.) You're a vampire and cannot travel in the day.
C.) You're cheap/lazy

Go get the proper applicant already.
well, its not A.. because i eventually walked to, not walgreens, but ralphs, and bought some AnD for $3.99 with Ralphs Club
pimp.gif
... so im good now... but thanks for the help thou i guess...

Back
Top Bottom