NT, help me have a good first trip to SoCal and LA

So in two weeks I'm flying out to Torrance, CA for an interview with Toyota. Hotel is in Torrence a well. I'll have a full day until 10 PM or roughly 3-4PM to 10PM to see everything, depending on if I get a second interview.

So where should I visit in the area? I was planning on going to LA from there and trying to hit:
RIF LA
NTLA
HOHs
Flight Club

Open to any shoe related suggestions and decent restaurants (Meals paid for up to $20.) Im looking to find some good Kobes if possible

Lastly, whats the best way to travel from Torrance to LA? Cab fare MIGHT be paid for but I don't want to risk.

Any help is appreciated

Where are you flying from? I never hear of people flying in toTorrance itself and not LAX or Long Beach.

If you want to go from Torrance to LA and want it to be relatively inexpensive (cheaper than cab fare), use a ride share service like Lyft, Sidecar, or Uber. It's around 40 dollars or so to get from Torrance to the LA/Hollywood area, depending on traffic, and they usually give you a 10 to 25 dollar credit for your first ride.

all those spots are realistically 20-30 min away from where you're staying. weekday travel during traffic hour can extend the drive to over an hour each way. 

public transportation might help but during the week it can get congested. uber is a good source to get around. 
how long are you staying? 

im not too far away from where you'll be. if you need any help with local eateries, local shoe spots holla at me. 

id also suggest posting this thread in the regional forums>socal 

Where are you flying from? I never hear of people flying in toTorrance itself and not LAX or Long Beach.

If you want to go from Torrance to LA and want it to be relatively inexpensive (cheaper than cab fare), use a ride share service like Lyft, Sidecar, or Uber. It's around 40 dollars or so to get from Torrance to the LA/Hollywood area, depending on traffic, and they usually give you a 10 to 25 dollar credit for your first ride.

Appreciate this info.

Forget to mention Im flying into LAX. Cabfare is provided from LAX to hotel in Torrance. Not so sure about when I go to eat/travel.

Also I will have anywhere between 6 and 12 hours depending on interview

all those spots are realistically 20-30 min away from where you're staying. weekday travel during traffic hour can extend the drive to over an hour each way. 
public transportation might help but during the week it can get congested. uber is a good source to get around. 

how long are you staying? 
im not too far away from where you'll be. if you need any help with local eateries, local shoe spots holla at me. 
id also suggest posting this thread in the regional forums>socal 

Appreciate that, I might have to reach out. Only time Im worried about is being back at LAX for a 11PM flight.. Just making sure I can get there without breaking the bank.

Back
Top Bottom