NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Guys keep asking the same questions that already been answered. Get a gbox some of them from their website comes with hard drives for dvr but cost more. Im going to post the website as soon as i find it again

Here is one supplier, still looking for other versionhttp://www.gboxcanada.com/#!g-box-midnight-mx2/cxu3

Those have a built in dvr 8gb. You can add a external harddrive to stream your downloads as well or use more space for dvr

Last edited:
Guys keep asking the same questions that alreafy been answered. Get a g2 box some of them from their website comes with harddrives for dvr but cost more. Im going to post the webste as soon as i find it again
or you could just use something you already have ie... a tablet, phone, pc so on and so forth..

or you could just use something you already have ie... a tablet, phone, pc so on and so forth..

You can. I set my mom up that way with a cheap android tablet and a hdmi wifi dongle in her tv.

She streams xmbc from her tablet to her tv. The tablet is strictly for streaming

And what about using DVR like settings? Using a sling box possibly? How would that work?
slingbox is nothing more than a fancy version of old school cablebox splitter it just split and send the signal elsewhere....

So what would be the best DVR like option? Sorry I'm sure these questions have been asked already. I just need to really research all the different options and deep into it.

So what would be the best DVR like option? Sorry I'm sure these questions have been asked already. I just need to really research all the different options and deep into it.
http://niketalk.com/t/586090/nt-convince-me-cutting-the-cord-is-a-good-idea/90#post_20062742

Thise have built in dvr. Best box out now. All you have to do is plug and play and add repos if you want more channels.

I have 2 of them

I even added the comcast android app and my friend gave me his user id and password so i can stream xfinity cable as well

Last edited:
This is made from the same people as gbox but have more stuff, like a ssd hardrive ,better chip,more ram but it doesnt have android on it

So gbox gives u access to all those apps for that purchase fee?
you do realize with all those boxes you have to pay for access to the apps... the box more or less is a dedicated system solely for the apps and xbmc access...  Its not like you are going to get amazon instant video, netflix etc for free with the box. If you think your gonna be running hulu etc... w/o paying and its all included with the purchase of the box you are sadly mistaken.

To some it up short... these boxes are like a dedicated tablet/pc/phone etc that all you did with it was d/l and used apps. Its not like the old school descrambled cable boxes that gave you access to all the paid cable channels etc... And from my understanding when new repos not associated with fusion etc are created you will need to use pc download and put into zip format, place on a jump drive and manually add it to the gbox or whatever you use.

Anybody know of a way to catch these nba playoff games on TNT? Good site?

I hate watching crappy streams online.

Find someone with cable that doesn't use their online account. For instance, created an xfinity account with my mom's info, download the xfinity app, voila, the on my tablet.

you do realize with all those boxes you have to pay for access to the apps... the box more or less is a dedicated system solely for the apps and xbmc access...  Its not like you are going to get amazon instant video, netflix etc for free with the box. If you think your gonna be running hulu etc... w/o paying and its all included with the purchase of the box you are sadly mistaken.

To some it up short... these boxes are like a dedicated tablet/pc/phone etc that all you did with it was d/l and used apps. Its not like the old school descrambled cable boxes that gave you access to all the paid cable channels etc... And from my understanding when new repos not associated with fusion etc are created you will need to use pc download and put into zip format, place on a jump drive and manually add it to the gbox or whatever you use.
YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG!  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I have the Gbox with XBMC, i get all the stations and tv shows, fights, basketball games anything I want to watch

There is no need for netflix with this

Also the SHOWBOX app which mimics netflix is 100x better with a larger catalog and I added the android app to my Gbox, which is here http://media-apps.cc/android/

There is a guide you can scroll threw to pick station or shows

I also get live stream of tv stations as well

I do not miss cable one bit!!

XBMC works for your phone as well. I stream XBMC from my phone to my tv sometimes using imedia

Last edited:

YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG!  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I have the Gbox with XBMC, i get all the stations and tv shows, fights, basketball games anything I want to watch

There is no need for netflix with this

Also the SHOWBOX app which mimics netflix is 100x better with a larger catalog and I added the android app to my Gbox, which is here http://media-apps.cc/android/

There is a guide you can scroll threw to pick station or shows

I also get live stream of tv stations as well

I do not miss cable one bit!!

XBMC works for your phone as well. I stream XBMC from my phone to my tv sometimes using imedia
you do not get hulu etc.... and showbox is hit and miss because it works dont works(basically a recode of the ios app moviebox btw)...although thats a sidenote... you gave your opinion lol on what you dont need... i didnt say what you like dont like i stated hulu+, netflix etc... if you were to choose to use them you would have to have a paid subscription... Same with like xfinity tv etc... so on and so forth.

And even then considering its an android device as far as i know of there isnt any hacks to apps ala get free hulu, or hbogo etc... things like that.

Your basically are just getting the preinstalled repos etc that are standard that give you access to streams... which you could do on any device includinng game systems.

Last edited:
you do not get hulu etc.... and showbox is hit and miss because it works dont works(basically a recode of the ios app moviebox btw)...although thats a sidenote... you gave your opinion lol on what you dont need... i didnt say what you like dont like i stated hulu+, netflix etc... if you were to choose to use them you would have to have a paid subscription... Same with like xfinity tv etc... so on and so forth.

And even then considering its an android device as far as i know of there isnt any hacks to apps ala get free hulu, or hbogo etc... things like that.

Your basically are just getting the preinstalled repos etc that are standard that give you access to streams... which you could do on any device includinng game systems.

Your wrong again . I have the gbox but im not going to atgue. Basically like I said hulu Netflix is irrelevant because you dont need it especially with showbox plus other repos

People use hulu netflix to watch shows, and that is what gbox xbmc does, so who cares about netflix or hulu

Your wrong again . I have the gbox but im not going to atgue. Basically like I said hulu Netflix is irrelevant because you dont need it especially with showbox plus other repos

People use hulu netflix to watch shows, and that is what gbox xbmc does, so who cares about netflix or hulu
lol what are you talking bout i said with a gbox etc... you will not be able to access things like netflix hulu plus etc... for free... Either you are saying you cant which is saying the same thing i said... ot you saying you can to which i said you cant....

Your giving you opinion on what you prefer or your alternative choices... which is cool i guess. But there are ppl who think with these boxes they will have the ability to have free access/passes to things such as xfinity tv, hulu plus, amazon instant video...etc.. To which i said you wont with the exception of sometimes and thats only with a hacked ios device using a flex2 bypass hack. Other then that you will have to use alternate repos to access some of the same material.. But it wont be in the form of using a medium like netflix, hulu plus etc...

lol what are you talking bout i said with a gbox etc... you will not be able to access things like netflix hulu plus etc... for free... Either you are saying you cant which is saying the same thing i said... ot you saying you can to which i said you cant....

Your giving you opinion on what you prefer or your alternative choices... which is cool i guess. But there are ppl who think with these boxes they will have the ability to have free access/passes to things such as xfinity tv, hulu plus, amazon instant video...etc.. To which i said you wont with the exception of sometimes and thats only with a hacked ios device using a flex2 bypass hack. Other then that you will have to use alternate repos to access some of the same material.. But it wont be in the form of using a medium like netflix, hulu plus etc...
Not one person I saw here expected it. But you made it seem like the only way to get TV is by subscribing to those with the Gbox which is not true

you do realize any site given will be a online stream?

Yes, of course. There's a difference between qualities though..

Ex: using the watch-espn xbox app > streaming from some crappy site

I was asking how to officially watch TNT without cable, with good quality

Not one person I saw here expected it. But you made it seem like the only way to get TV is by subscribing to those with the Gbox which is not true

No he didn't, he's clarifying for those who might have that expectation, which reading the thread you can see. Some of the misunderstanding partially by you.

No he didn't, he's clarifying for those who might have that expectation, which reading the thread you can see. Some of the misunderstanding partially by you.
yea lol maybe dude was drunk iuno... i mean i specified it... and ppl have asked about apps seeing that a few ppl said you can use android apps and they get nbatv etc... So i understood the confusion by some ppl when you say oh i get every channel program for free. then you say i even get/use android apps.

To the unknowing especially considering the topic is talking about tv, and most ppl dont know what repos etc are, i could get someone thinking you are getting tv apps for free....especially when you have ppl saying oh i use such and such android app and it cost me nothing. Since we are talking about tv programs, it isnt out the relam to understand why ppl would think of tv apps... and since you guys are saying i pay nothing. It isnt outrageous to think some ppl thought that you guys were talking about tv apps being free ala hulu amazon prime video etc... considering outside of xbmc thats what most ppl associate watching tv with. outside of being a cable/satellite subscriber.

And seeing most ppl in here are asking about how do you get the programming/tv shows on xbmc. Its fair to say they dont know/understand the whole "repo" aspect and how it works.

Back
Top Bottom