NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

51pYZS7IWcL.jpg

Just got 3/4 of the way through body keeps the score

****s real deep. About how ptsd first got diagnosed and howabused children have ptsd. And how if we could solve the child abuse problem it would systematically correct a lot of socioeconomic problems, that these kids grow up and become victims too. Also how things we research is actually me search. Like most of the people studying affects of single parent homes either had one parent or were sent away to boarding school. how the mind works. How to heal. Deep stuff cause we all have traumas.

Shorty lent me "Room" by Emma Donoghue. Started off slow af and i almost put it back down. Had to remind myself it written from the pov of a 5yr old.

:wow: good story. She said theres a movie as well, but i always find the book to be better than the movie so had to read it first.

Man Carl Weber really messed up by putting this series on BET instead of HBO or Starz. So far I’ve read Grand Opening, Grand Opening 2, To Paris With Love, Family Business, Family Business 2 and now I’m one Family Business 3. Still have to get Family Business 4 and 5 to complete the collection.
AAFD9F7C-C738-4658-96C7-FFACA5BB8DCD.jpeg

Definitely for the entertainment factor. This series is for people that aren’t into mafia style stories. Carl Weber is one of those writers that does a good job of putting his books together. I started reading the series because BET just finished filming season 1 of the tv show. The Family Business is the main series for the book while Grand Opening is the prequel and the others are just random tie ins.

My mom and wife love those types of books. We're suppose to listen to some of the audiobooks soon. Crazy cause I think one guy does all the hood books audiobooks. I know he did the coldest winter and the iceberg slim book.

Using the concept of this book, I was able to:
  1. literally double my consulting budget with the same client from 15k to 35k for the same amount of work (and they were happy about it except for the person who owned the budget lol) - I was also able to maintain and exceed that rate moving forward.
  2. I trained my wife to negotiate her raise, she got exactly what she asked for, including all the perks (conference costs, travel expenses, vacation days etc...)
  3. I was able to help my friend negotiate a drop in rent when her landlord wanted to raise the rent
This book is magic.

1589553174401.jpeg

Using the concept of this book, I was able to:
  1. literally double my consulting budget with the same client from 15k to 35k for the same amount of work (and they were happy about it except for the person who owned the budget lol) - I was also able to maintain and exceed that rate moving forward.
  2. I trained my wife to negotiate her raise, she got exactly what she asked for, including all the perks (conference costs, travel expenses, vacation days etc...)
  3. I was able to help my friend negotiate a drop in rent when her landlord wanted to raise the rent
This book is magic.

1589553174401.jpeg
Couldn’t get excited to read it.
You sparked something.

Back
Top Bottom