NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Gonna start on this tonight.

5 books since October I've read so far.

Building another list up for the next batch to cop.

Donald Goines

My man! :pimp:

Im tryna read all of em, so far ive finished dopefiend, whoreson, daddy cool, el dorado red, and black girl lost. I needa cop the rest. My only knock on Goines is i feel like his stories r too short.

Last edited:
Are the stories real? I'd cop if they are good books.

Its all fiction but he was a heroin addict and he wrote majority if not all of his work while he was locked up. The stories are bits and pieces of his life and experiences, its not based entirely off 1 person or event.

Dopefiend is even studied in some colleges if im not mistaken

Vowing to join this thread come the New Year. I'll be starting a new job then and I have the train added to my commute, unlike the last 2+ years of driving. I should have no excuse not to read going forward.
congrats pa. Where will you be working?

Thanks man. In Manhattan running inventory and order purchasing for an eyewear company. Similar to what I do now but in way higher volume and responsibility.

My commute will likely be a 30-40 minute train ride. If I don't drive to the train and park, or get a lift, add on 20-25 minutes for the bus home. So I should have ample time to read.

Last edited:
Thanks man. In Manhattan running inventory and order purchasing for an eyewear company. Similar to what I do now but in way higher volume and responsibility.

My commute will likely be a 30-40 minute train ride. If I don't drive to the train and park, or get a lift, add on 20-25 minutes for the bus home. So I should have ample time to read.

I'm probably going to start taking the train from the city to and from work, my commute will be similar in time so I should have plenty of time to get some good reading in. Def need to get back on my reading grind

Audiobooks are also a pretty good alternative for those who have no choice but to drive.

audiobooks at 2x speed>*

Audiobooks are also a pretty good alternative for those who have no choice but to drive.

audiobooks at 2x speed>*
Me and my dad would always listen to audiobooks while driving to vacations or long distances. Definitely a great alternative if you don't have the time or circumstance to read the actual book.

I audiobooked Shutter Island a few days before the movie came out because I wanted to read the book but wouldn't have finished it in time :lol:.

Last edited:
:lol:

"Listen here dunnie..."

U peep AZ book? "Jewels, Gems, and Treasures". Think it released end of November but i just came across it. Thinking i might cop...

Edit: or was it nov last yr? :lol: either way i just came across it

Last edited:
I'm probably going to start taking the train from the city to and from work, my commute will be similar in time so I should have plenty of time to get some good reading in. Def need to get back on my reading grind

I literally work behind a desk 9-5 and listen to SoundCloud when I'm not doing schedule...

So I need to do more reading up and stop shopping on RL.com [emoji]128553[/emoji]

Been stalling on my reading lately but nearly finished Misbehaving by Richard Thaler. 

The mrs got me Grit by Angela Duckworth for Christmas. Pretty keen to start on that.

Just about to finish David Deida's "The Way of the Superior Man." One of the better reads in getting spiritually in sync with your self as a dude, with a woman, and the surrounding world.

Started "Value Proposition Design." They are the same authors who wrote "Business Model Generation." Both are great reads to frameworks for lateral thinking.

I started to read your first book but I outbit down before I really got into it. Seem "off" to me or maybe I didn't have an open mind when I tried reading it.

Back
Top Bottom