NT All Time MLB Re-Draft vol: Voting is Open

51HXz3tO1aL._SY450_.jpg

Scot Shields, middle reliever

I was hoping he’d slip to me too :lol:

Haven’t had a prominent African American catcher in a long time.

You're the reason I took him this round. I looked to see who behind me didn't have a catcher and I think you were the only one. I didn't want to risk it.

Okay, this thread is not moving. :lol:

nick. nick. I will rule and say you can select Lyle for your bullpen unless someone who really knows this guy can overrule me. He does have a good number of saves and was a "closer" in his career, however, I read a few articles and it sounds like he would enter games in the middle innings as well. They also didn't technically have closers in those days like we know them today, so it was normal that they would pitch multiple innings to "close" games out. I think your pick should be allowed and from what I read, it was a great pick. With that said... @finallyfamous, please make a pick.

nick. nick. I will rule and say you can select Lyle for your bullpen unless someone who really knows this guy can overrule me. He does have a good number of saves and was a "closer" in his career, however, I read a few articles and it sounds like he would enter games in the middle innings as well. They also didn't technically have closers in those days like we know them today, so it was normal that they would pitch multiple innings to "close" games out. I think your pick should be allowed and from what I read, it was a great pick. With that said... @finallyfamous, please make a pick.

It's my fault, I'm on a huge project and haven't had time to reach out pick by pick to each poster. I'm tryin to keep up with picks as best I can, but reaching out takes a bit more effort. I did DM FF a few hours ago, but haven't heard back.

It's all good. Everyone should be doing their part to keep it moving...All these folks gotta do his make picks. Some are now averse to coming onto actual NT though for some reason. :lol:

We're just sooo close to finishing this...

Yeah that's why I picked him. His save chances each season were around 20-30 but he's have 50-60 appearances.

Back
Top Bottom