Now that bryant has been quoted and recorded speaking on his level of play vs MJ's...

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Can we please cut it out with the nonsensical talk that somehow bryant is on or above MJ's level?
[/font]
bryant said that he can’t compare to Jordan because of how much he’s learned from the legend over the years.

“Of course, I want to win as many as I can so, by that alone, I’m chasing him,

He went on to say that Nike is the greatest sneaker company ever, his wife is the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on, he's never met a forward with Pau's shooting ability, the Los Angeles Lakers are the greatest franchise in sports history, and the only real loser in the lockout is the fans.

And he meant all of it.

Sincerely.

^
laugh.gif
Ska deaded this thread early.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He went on to say that Nike is the greatest sneaker company ever, his wife is the most beautiful woman he's ever laid eyes on, he's never met a forward with Pau's shooting ability, the Los Angeles Lakers are the greatest franchise in sports history, and the only real loser in the lockout is the fans.

And he meant all of it.

Sincerely.
Honestly all that could be true expect for the Pau comment.
grin.gif

As long as his quotes are up for the people on NT who swear that bryant is on MJ's level...i'm good. Way too many delusional people out there who cannot look at the comparison critically.
Stop droppin nonsense to take away what this man said in classroom setting at UC Santa Barbara. Dude didn't even know most of the snitchin n other stuff he yapped about was being recorded 
laugh.gif
, hence him forcing you tube n others to take the videos down of him going in on ex teammates. He is a certified clown but he def was speaking from the heart on ALL matters.

"I've learned so much from him so we can't have a debate about who is better." bryant said

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And he meant all of it.

Sincerely.
grin.gif

Exactly! 
laugh.gif
 Folk coming in here puttin all their energy into trying to be funny or derail the post with dry sarcasm knowin full well he was speaking from the soul esp that callin MJ quote. 

^ It's true tho n what else could you possibly say if you basically swap another Man's DNA with yours? Price to pay when you are so unoriginal that you have to try n be someone else...

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

^ It's true tho n what else could you possibly say if you basically swap another Man's DNA with yours? Price to pay when you are so unoriginal that you have to try n be someone else...

I don't blame him. You want to be the best you steal from the best. I respect that.

^Catch 22 tho. He stole so much that he put himself in a impossible situation. I would have rather him take a few things here n there but he tried to take everything plus the kitchen sink. I am sure i would have liked the young man a lot more had he been more original with his style.

^Catch 22 tho. He stole so much that he put himself in a impossible situation. I would have rather him take a few things here n there but he tried to take everything plus the kitchen sink. I am sure i would have liked the young man a lot more had he been more original with his style.

Replies like this always make me scratch my head. He's a 6'6 shooting guard with the same body type as MJ, what do you want him to do, intentionally not use tools MJ did just so he doesn't look like he's copying him? 
grin.gif
 Kobe has plenty of things he does that MJ didn't use often or never did in the first place, and in fact has a more diverse offensive arsenal than MJ ever did; he's just not as efficient/effective at doing them. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Replies like this always make me scratch my head. He's a 6'6 shooting guard with the same body type as MJ, what do you want him to do, intentionally not use tools MJ did just so he doesn't look like he's copying him? 
grin.gif
 Kobe has plenty of things he does that MJ didn't use often or never did in the first place, and in fact has a more diverse offensive arsenal than MJ ever did; he's just not as efficient/effective at doing them. 

Pretty stupid reason to cut the nonsensical talk based on something Kobe said. It doesn't really matter whether he or anyone else says that he is pure %%@* compared to MJ, or if he says that he is a lot better than MJ ever was. It doesn't alter the fact that he isn't nor ever will be as good as MJ... Unless he somehow miraculously has 3-4 seasons where he averages 30 while shooting above 50%, becomes a better defender, wins DPOY, wins 3-4 more MVPs and has a 32, 8 & 8 season. Which is very unlikely this late in his career.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Pretty stupid reason to cut the nonsensical talk based on something Kobe said. It doesn't really matter whether he or anyone else says that he is pure %%@* compared to MJ, or if he says that he is a lot better than MJ ever was. It doesn't alter the fact that he isn't nor ever will be as good as MJ... Unless he somehow miraculously has 3-4 seasons where he averages 30 while shooting above 50%, becomes a better defender, wins DPOY, wins 3-4 more MVPs and has a 32, 8 & 8 season. Which is very unlikely this late in his career.

1539r37.gif

coming from a Laker fan, yea MJ is better. but can we please stop acting like MJ was a one of a kind original baller whose every move was never before seen? I heard someone say that Jordan is the only player to never copy anyone else......cats have really never seen Dr. J, David Thompson or Clyde Drexler play I guess and just buy into the Nike hype.

Iamjusayn:
MonStar1:
23ska909red02:

And he meant all of it.

Sincerely.
grin.gif

Exactly! 
laugh.gif
 Folk coming in here puttin all their energy into trying to be funny or derail the post with dry sarcasm knowin full well he was speaking from the soul esp that callin MJ quote.
Knowing full well he's speaking from the soul? Who knows full well he's speaking from the soul? ME?! How the hell I know that?
laugh.gif

How YOU know that?

You don't.

He's a company guy.

#iamjusayin

saying whos better means nothing. different eras, different rules, different competition.

name one team jordan played against that was as deep as the celtics are now.
like where your starting 5 are allstars.
or against young teams full of the best talent college had to offer at the time.
jordan, IMO, got the benefit of not playing against "undiscovered talent" cause of technology and transportation.
now, everyone knows where allllll the best kids are. and theyre developed since toddlers to be basketball masters.

its all about perception.

one on one... i think kobe's magic would beat MJ's raw talent.

cause kobe be doin some %#%! and its like "how the !+$! did you even shoot that?" and its 2 pts.

likethematrix:
name one team jordan played against that was as deep as the celtics are now.
Yikes!

First off, the Celtics starting center is an all star? When that happen?

Second, the Pistons team featuring Zeke, Rodman, Dumars... do they count?

What about a Suns team of Barkley, Majerle, & KJ?

What about the Lakers team the Bulls beat for their 1st championship? I know, I know, the Lakers weren't completely healthy... but the Lakers would have a team later that sent 4 people to the All Star Game. The Bulls didn't play those Lakers in the Finals, but Kobe didn't play this All Star Celtics team every year for his titles.

In fact, he lost to them once.

Speaking of losing, the Finals, and Jordan...

... nah, nevermind.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom