Nothing is touching this top 5

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Annie Hall
Manhattan
Dr.Strangelove
Some Like it Hot
Stardust Memories
Any Marx Brothers film
I've watched all of those (well, just duck soup from the marx brothers) minus stardust memories.

Dumb and Dumber demolishes them all.

Airplane! also needs to be on lists.

And most of these kiddie lists are terrible...

coming_to_america.jpg

</thread>

I dunno if I can make a Top 5 list, but I'm surprised so many people are saying Anchorman. I thought watching that was worse than pulling teeth...way tooforced. Also, no nods for Life Aquatic or Rushmore????

I still can't beleive how people put Superbad up there. Like lets be serious it wasn't that good of a comedy. Just a couple funny quoteables nothingamazing.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

List of comedies. This is it, nothing is crackin it for a while. Oh you liked superbad? That's cute and all but it's not takin a spot on this list. DISCLAIMER**(The list is in no particular order except #1 is #1)

1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Office Space
3. Happy Gilmore
4. Super Troopers
5. Anchorman

I understand that some of you might think that a movie you like is better than a movie on this list but you're wrong, you're confusing your opinion with an official list. That is all.

Spoiler [+]
jk, what's your top 5
eek.gif

anyways, top 5?? This is hard for me because I grew up on comedies...those were pretty much all I watched---but I'll try. Like my man Luch said, if youdon't have coming to america, you losin'

in no particular order:

coming to America (and don't be pullin' that fallin' down the stairs *%*+ on me....YOU CONSCIOUS!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
)
harlem nights (now that's got to be some mean %+*#@ to make a $#%++ wanna change gods)
hot shots part duex/Friday (GEROMINO!! GEROMINO!!! MEEEEEE!!!
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
) and (I heard they hirin'....you need to go down there and see what's up, wit' cho "outta work +%%)
trading places (my Harvard tie, like "oh sure..heeee went to Haarvard)
tommy boy/sister act 2 (igottagotothebathroomdaddy!) and (I got the flow...ya'llgotta go...so go get cha bags so we can go, ho ho! aaahhhh aaahhhh oww owwww NOW!)
The Nutty Professor (original Jerry Lewis) (no, I didn't say it, YOU said it! I said an Alaskan PolarHeater!)

honorable mentions:
scrooged (niagara falls....)
ghostbusters 1 (dogs and cats, livin' together!)
grumpier old men (here's some matches, set yourself on fire)
anchorman (the arsenist had oddly shaped feet)
clueless ('tis a far, far better thing doing stuff for other people)
pootie tang (he was juvenated....lost it....and got juvenated again! RE juvenated!)
Nutty Professor Series (I can see my +*+$! My +*+$! My +*+$!) and (put your beef inhis taaacooooo)
Billy Madison (stop looking at me swan!)
Happy Gilmore (you WILL not make this put! !@%!#+!! )

c'mon dawg, I can go on forever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Annie Hall
Manhattan
Dr.Strangelove
Some Like it Hot
Stardust Memories
Any Marx Brothers film
I've watched all of those (well, just duck soup from the marx brothers) minus stardust memories.

Depends on your preferred style of comedy. I prefer intelligent and subtle comedy. I usually don't go for comedy in which the actors areovertly trying to be funny (The Marx Brothers are a game of their own. Their style is timeless).

One may laugh more at Dumb and Dumber than the films I listed but you can't honestly say Dumb and Dumber is a better film than say- Dr. Strangelove orAnnie Hall. Nope, not gonna convince me of that
smile.gif

half baked
something about mary
coming to america
groundhog day
anchorman

hm- friday & airplane

Yet another topic based on opinion.

You guys may say that there are movies that are "universally" funny, but there never are. Don't call out OP's top 5 "trash" thencome out with a list that is "trash"

NT is pure comedy sometimes.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

1. Team America
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pure classic
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Super Bad
4. Office Space
5. Something About Mary
6. Jamie Foxx: I Might Need Security
7. Me, Myself and Irene
8. Don't Be a Menace
9. Half Baked
10. Friday
Super Bad? u gotta be kidding. #6 should be higher

Opinion based threads on NT = Factual based threads on NT. Let people have their opinions dammit.

I agree tho, OP, that list isn't that great........................IMO. My top 5 would be somethin' like:

40 Year Old Virgin
Superbad
Don't Be A Menace
Ace Ventura Pet Detective
Major Payne

[not in order.....hell, maybe change 2 or three if I made another list. Let me see....]

40 Year Old Virgin
Superbad
Don't Be A Menace
Ace Ventura Pet Detective
Major Payne

Nope, not this time.....but it will..........it will.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Annie Hall
Manhattan
Dr.Strangelove
Some Like it Hot
Stardust Memories
Any Marx Brothers film

Depends on your preferred style of comedy. I prefer intelligent and subtle comedy. I usually don't go for comedy in which the actors are overtly trying to be funny (The Marx Brothers are a game of their own. Their style is timeless).

One may laugh more at Dumb and Dumber than the films I listed but you can't honestly say Dumb and Dumber is a better film than say- Dr. Strangelove or Annie Hall. Nope, not gonna convince me of that
smile.gif
Precisely. Annie Hall is one of my favorites too. If you like Some Like It Hot, you should see director Billy Wilder's next movie, TheApartment.

Back
Top Bottom