Not meant to be an old head NTer post

.. but it may come to that.

I'm in a nostalgic feelin right now. I've come to realize that NT has outlasted many of the things that I thought to be more permanent (at the time). Since 2001, I've had accounts to friendster, myspace, facebook, xanga, penciljack, subfighter, etc etc - all canceled or no longer visited - only NT remains. Dunno what it is, but I can always come back to general and read stupid or non-stupid posts from people and everything is suddenly okay.

Aside from the trivial interactive websites, since '01 - I've gone through many many residences in various cities (and a couple of states), I moved through close friends, and had several "serious" relationships. I've gained some weight, though not height - and added the glitter of a few strands of gray hairs. Employment has had many many ups and downs. Education levels have increased, debt with it. Even my friend that introduced me to NT is long gone as an inactive member. Even favorite basketball shoes have changed so much! Jet Flights to Shox to Hyperdunks...

I've come to think that a main reason that NT has been a stable institution for me is the anonymity that it provides. We can all choose to be personal, or completely allow NT all up in our business. We can also lie through the teeth about our lives. It doesn't have the intrusiveness of facebook. Besides personal friends known before NT, I've only really met one person through it - Muscle - which, by the way, was very awesome, he's a good guy. I talked to Dirty on the phone a bunch of years ago when we both happened to be in Vegas - not sure if you remember that - hah! Other than that, who am I on NT? Just another guy who gets to sling arguments without the fear of a friend taking it to heart. :tongue:

It also served the ability to move from concentrating on shoes to being able to not concentrating on anything (or at least allow me to choose what I'd like to concentrate on). So these days, I siphon through General and Sports, not really moving through with any real purpose, I just move.

Big ups to all the guys who keep it going, man - For real. It's been a great decade plus.

Yea yea, get a blog. What's the use, though? It'd just get shut down in a couple months.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

.. but it may come to that.

I'm in a nostalgic feelin right now. I've come to realize that NT has outlasted many of the things that I thought to be more permanent (at the time). Since 2001, I've had accounts to friendster, myspace, facebook, xanga, penciljack, subfighter, etc etc - all canceled or no longer visited - only NT remains. Dunno what it is, but I can always come back to general and read stupid or non-stupid posts from people and everything is suddenly okay.

Aside from the trivial interactive websites, since '01 - I've gone through many many residences in various cities (and a couple of states), I moved through close friends, and had several "serious" relationships. I've gained some weight, though not height - and added the glitter of a few strands of gray hairs. Employment has had many many ups and downs. Education levels have increased, debt with it. Even my friend that introduced me to NT is long gone as an inactive member. Even favorite basketball shoes have changed so much! Jet Flights to Shox to Hyperdunks...

I've come to think that a main reason that NT has been a stable institution for me is the anonymity that it provides. We can all choose to be personal, or completely allow NT all up in our business. We can also lie through the teeth about our lives. It doesn't have the intrusiveness of facebook. Besides personal friends known before NT, I've only really met one person through it - Muscle - which, by the way, was very awesome, he's a good guy. I talked to Dirty on the phone a bunch of years ago when we both happened to be in Vegas - not sure if you remember that - hah! Other than that, who am I on NT? Just another guy who gets to sling arguments without the fear of a friend taking it to heart. :tongue:

It also served the ability to move from concentrating on shoes to being able to not concentrating on anything (or at least allow me to choose what I'd like to concentrate on). So these days, I siphon through General and Sports, not really moving through with any real purpose, I just move.

Big ups to all the guys who keep it going, man - For real. It's been a great decade plus.

Yea yea, get a blog. What's the use, though? It'd just get shut down in a couple months.
smile.gif
haha.. oh snap.. I completely forgot about that.
..a shame we didn't get to link up and at least have a drink.

I don't spend as much time on here as I used to...but I still def login at least once a day and do a quick read

I remember finding NT through a random Kicksology review that linked here. Never a facebook, myspace, etc... user, NT and one other forum are the only online "talking' sites i enjoy. Been here since 02/03 i think, gotta look at my old SN if i remember the password
edit-

redsoxmike2000- joined 07/29/03 1982 post

celticspride34 - joined 01/06/04 4452 posts (reset long time ago by accident)

Yup, I concur.

Despite not being here as long as some the other OGs. Trends would change but NT has remained consistent for the most part. The stories (both consumed in random humor and the occasional politics) keep me coming back (unless you get exposed, then that's hardpressed).

I'm not a social network fan myself, but I've followed this board for the past 6 years. The only thing I consistently check besides my email and bank account. I've never met anyone through here, but have grown to love this place. On a sidenote about 2-3 years ago in one of my Criminal Justice classes @ FIU, there was a guy that wore a NT T-Shirt, but I never talked to him. I like to remain anonymous.

NT is the only website that I know will never let me down when I go to it and the only forum that I've ever even enjoyed reading and participating in. Every other forum I ever try to go to just looks like a sad watered down boring version of NT. Nothing will ever come close. I hope NT lasts forever.

I've been here since 04...same name.
I just think about how everything has changed since 04. i lived at home with mom i wasn't married i didn't have two kids i still lived in Brooklyn, i worked in a mom and pop sneaker spot i went to the beach 4 days a week. i cared about smashing broads and getting twisted more than anything else.

i guess what im saying is me and my former self are two complete different people but we still have NT in common for whatever reason.

don't know if all that was off topic but OP I feel you.

for some reason this got me remembering that website sconex, made smashing H.S. birds easier
pimp.gif

Yeah, I must have joined 20 other forums while a member of NT - and I don't frequent any of them. Just a variety of things - sports, cars, things I'm into at the time...

I just get fed up and move on in a couple of months.

NT has just been a constant for about 8 years now I think. It's reassurring and something I'm fairly proud to be a part of.

I've been on here since 2001...i used to check and post on NT everyday for like 8 years straight...but then I got banned...
frown.gif
now i just lurk and don't really post at all...NT stays with the entertainment and lulz though..I love you NT

just wish I could get my old name back...... derryj3
frown.gif

NT is the only site i frequent. I would probably quit the internet if I didn't have NT. . Well, besides the pron and amazon.com

I just went through that Fat Joe thread from 2 years back... that only makes me proud to be a NTer
laugh.gif

I deleted my myspace and facebook a couple years ago. NT gives you somethin different. No pictures. You don't have to share your whole life with complete strangers.

NT

Originally Posted by jc619er

NT is the only website that I know will never let me down when I go to it and the only forum that I've ever even enjoyed reading and participating in. Every other forum I ever try to go to just looks like a sad watered down boring version of NT. Nothing will ever come close. I hope NT lasts forever.

x2. I haven't been posting for long but I've been lurking since '03 or '04 and I definitely agree that NT>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom