Norcal's GRUB Thread

I'm dieting, so I think pics will be limited for a while 
frown.gif

^I'm sorry to hear that....wait #%+ am I talking about, I've been back on my summer-prep diet for over 2 weeks. In either case, gonna be going to Cameron House Carnival this saturday. Bay Area NTers, should go and support a good cause. Been serving the community since....forever. Plus you'd be near sweetheart cafe in Chinatown. Home of the best coconut milk w/ sago in this universe.

laugh.gif
 @ myself thinking I was going to be able to hit up El Farolito after the club tonight. Drove buy, saw the line kept going. #feelsbadman
frown.gif

It looked like a mini Jordan release
mad.gif

Was in SF yesterday so took a quick trip to HRD Coffee Shop by ATT Park that was aired on Triple D. I don't know what their prices were pre-Triple D but the prices are very good even after getting television exposure. Got the Japanese curry roast pork. The pork was very tender and the mild curry topped it off nicely.Very satisfying for $7. No line at all, this was around 11am with a Giants game.

7146729137_cc0b2f3c8d_z.jpg

Went to Tonight Soju Bar last night with a group of friends. Other than being a bit small with a substantial wait (around 9pm), the place was cool. Service comes with the press of a button (like many other korean spots). I'd say this is definitely a good deal though. They have combos which include 2 good-sized entrees with an average sized teapot full of soju cocktail is only $27 here.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tonight-soju-bar-san-francisco

Would recommend: Kimchi fried rice and the chicken gizzards.

Tonight aint bad.

Idk why, but their soju gave me a pretty damn good buzz once, and I've never felt anything from soju no matter how much I drank.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the waitress giving my friend a bag to barf in...

I tried to do the chimichanga from Taqueria el Sol that kingcrux posted on pg 1.

Shawrty that took my order told me that they dont make it and have never made it
grin.gif

Any reccomendations on another chimichanga in Frisco?

For you people that like brunch, I always hit up Stacks in Hayes Valley.  I've also heard of a spot called Red Door Cafe that looks pretty good.  Need to hit that up.  Also, have you all tried Molinari's??  Anthony Bourdain went there, but the sandwiches have been hitting the spot before he went.  I worked around there on a client and I would hit up Molinari's for lunch at least once or twice a week.

Stacks: http://www.yelp.com/biz/stacks-san-francisco
Red Door Cafe: http://www.yelp.com/biz/r...oor-cafe-san-francisco-3
Molinari: http://www.yelp.com/biz/m...licatessen-san-francisco

Anybody know good spots in the Mission?  I'm moving there within the next couple of months.  I'm within walking distance from El Farolito and Papalote
embarassed.gif

Also, if you guys haven't before, hit up the farmer's market at the ferry building on Thursdays and Saturdays! The food is amazing.  I cannot describe how good the chicken from Rolli Roti is.

When you first see someone eating it:
eek.gif

Standing in line:
happy.gif

Getting that half chicken handed to you:
devil.gif

First bite:
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Done with meal:
frown.gif

l.jpg

(pictures via yelp)

Also their porchetta sandwich on Acme bread:
l.jpg

P4L but rickshaws in foster city, best chinese food i've ever had and they have an all week lunch special 12-5 tray with 2 sides and a main is 5 bucks and last me lunch and dinner(i can eat a whole little ceasers pizza in 1 sitting to give you and idea on the size) i might go today or tomorrow and will post pics

Forgive me, but has anyone been to Naked Lunch? Apparently the state is banning foie gras on the 1st of July....naked lunch has a foie gras and duck prosciutto sandwich that, according to yelp, is pretty good. Anybody been?

I've been to Naked Lunch, but did not get the foie gras sandwich due to its price.  I ordered the fried chicken sandwich and it was 
pimp.gif
.  A little small for the price, but the flavor and taste of that sandwich was nothing I had ever tasted before.  If you have a chance to head out to that area, I definitely recommend you try Naked Lunch, I don't think you can go wrong with any sandwich.

Well, due to traffic and lagging, I wouldn't have made it in time to catch the limited number of foie gras sandwiches...so went straight to San Tung. Dry fried wings alll dayyy. I should also recommend the fried potstickers for those who've never been. Tried the dry black bean sauce noodles...not a big fan...was just a huge bowl of noodles and dark soy sauce.

I'm sure people have posted in here, but what are some of your guys favorite ribs spots? I've tried Henry's Hi-Life, Rib-licious (rip), Happy Hollow Market, Kinders, Famous Daves, Sam's, JC's Famous BBQ, and I'm sure there are some that I am missing, but nothing really further in the Area. Anything from Gilroy to San Francisco.. just looking to try something new and something that would be worth the drive.

Rib-licious closed down?! I went there once and thought it was a satisfying meal for the money. I liked that they didn't give you sliced bread. Bummer they're gone.

I need to try Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, Jon Jon's, Texas Smokehouse BBQ, Smoking Pig BBQ and others you listed.

Yeah, it was a nice place. Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to try Little Mae's. Honestly, a lot of them aren't even good. Kinders and Famous Daves (chains) of course weren't anything worth returning. I can't remember if JC's was good, but I do remember the food not being warm
ohwell.gif
. I only tried it because it was around the corner and I pass by it like every day.

Back
Top Bottom